1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel bad that you'll have to adopt children?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MassiveExtract, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Adoption

1. Yes, I heavily regret it.

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Perhaps, but it doesn't affect me.

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. I'll find other ways of having children.

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. No I don't, I want to adopt.

54 vote(s)
    65.1%
  1. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know there are other ways of conceiving a child without adopting, but for those who are gay and know that you'll end up having to adopt, do you feel bad about it?

I know I've wanted to adopt for a very long time, even before I admitted to being gay. I've always felt as if there are tons of children in this world that need caring and why would I bring someone else into this world for my own selfish reasons? I decided a long time ago, and now it's for sure that I will adopt when I'm around 35, but I do not regret not being able to have children the way that society wants me to, because I sincerely don't want to have children of my own. (&&&)

#1 MassiveExtract, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

No, my genetics are ass anyway I'd be damning a generation to pass those on.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've grown up in a household that disapproves of the overpopulation and sees it as the cause of many problems in the world today, which I agree with, so I'll be glad to adopt children.

4. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a blessing. I can't have a child by accident so when I do it will because I am truly ready to be a father. I will have the opportunity to completely change a child's life by taking them out of care, and that is something I will be proud of.

5. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sexuality aside, I think I'm more likely to adopt anyway (if I have kids). Have always felt like that.

6. thekillingmoon

Well, I don't want to have children and I'm not sure that will ever change. If I did, I'd be sad not being able to have biological children with someone I love. Still I would never want to be the one to give birth. I'd rather agree to my partner giving birth.

Adopting is a good option for those who can't have their own children. And it's natural to want to have your own children related to you by blood. I don't think it's selfish.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes because gay couples aren't allowed to adopt new born babies. Plus I want to start my own family
    I don't know if I want kids or not yet but I still worry:confused:

#7 stocking, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. JessieRayne

My own little corner in my own little world
    no... not at all... but that could be because I know what its like to be the kid without a home... If I can give a child who has no family to call their own, a place where they feel loved and accepted and to have a parent, well than its more than I ever had, and its all i had ever wanted.

Grant it, it would be cool to have a child that was actually mine, but it wouldnt change much of anything at all, because the adopted child would be just as technically mine in my heart and mind as child of my own would be. They'd still be MY child, no matter what.

Hopefully, by the time Im actually to the point of wanting a child, (IF of course, I have someone to start a family with) i just hope it would be equally easy for a gay couple to adopt as a straight couple.

9. idream

idream Guest

I've wanted to adopt, even before I came to terms with my sexuality

10. 741852963

Reasons I'm glad I will have to adopt:
    1. I hardly have great genetics to pass on
    2. The world is overpopulated enough right now
    3. I think its more ethical to adopt rather than procreate when there are kids needing homes
    4. Getting to miss out on the baby stage (thank god). I don't like babies - they cry all the time, are smelly, cannot do anything - more work than having a dog and far less cute.
    4. I think it makes more sense in a same-sex relationship - if only one father was the bio-father I think it might cause some issues: is the other just the step-dad? Do they get equal custody if the couple ever split up? At least with adoption both parents are on equal footing
    5. I disagree with gene splicing to create embryos from both fathers. I think that is a little too much of "playing God" for my liking.

Reasons I feel bad about adoption:
    -Knowing one day I'll have to break the news to the adopted child.

On the whole I feel quite positive towards adoption.

11. Candace

I'm happy for the fact that I can't accidentally impregnate a girl and start a fiasco revolving around that. Also, there are millions of children worldwide who would love to live in a loving home with two loving parents. Why couldn't my partner/husband and I fill that role as opposed to a straight couple?

12. BornAnew

I will feel a bit bad but there is a silver lining!

If I do decide to have children it'll be with a partner/husband who I love very much & believe I will be with forever. And not having the opportunity to see a reflection of me & him in the child would be sad.

On the other hand one of the ways I make sense of being gay & genetically being less likely to have children (purely due to the lower chance of having sex with a girl) is that maybe it's to help children in need. And adopting a child would do just that.

13. BelleFromHell

Where is the "child-free" option? I don't want children, PERIOD.

Of course, If I did want them, I'd adopt them, even if I was straight. Why would I want to destroy my body AND contribute to our overpopulation problem? Plus, like ElPanaChevere said, there are millions of children in the world with no parents. For me to go make a baby would metaphorically give all of the orphans and unwanted children in the world the middle finger.

14. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, because I have two children of my own.

Happy days :slight_smile:

15. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I meant it in my own relative terms. I don't think it's selfish for anyone else, just myself.

16. Hexagon

I don't want kids. Not my concern.

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Even if I get together with a bio female, I probably won't have my own children, I'd much rather save one.

18. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dislike small children.

19. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

If I can have biological children or not with my partner depends entirely on who I end up with. I'd honestly prefer having kids of my own though and would even be willing to go out of my way to make it happen if I were to end up with a man - But of course he would have to agree with and support that!

20. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even before I came out I wanted to adopt. I was adopted myself and I would love to give a child a wonderful home the same way I was given when I was born.