1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So new school year starting or is starting soon.. Your opinion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robellious, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Robellious

So the next school year is starting or is about to start soon, I was wondering what are you opinions about your next school year? Will it be heroic?- You being able to stand against the bullies and rude animals who stand against you? Or will it be something you wish it to be over once you walk through the doors?

For me, I think its a year to be Dauntless, fearless of others and the choices I make. I want to be able to intimidate those who are just mean to everyone else. So thats when I bought a leather jacket. Also I feel like its a year of change, since I am a upcoming junior at my highschool I think its time to let go of my extracurricular activites and try other things for once.

Tell me how you feel!

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I'm long done with school.
    I don't care at all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to be dauntless as well. It's the first school year I actually know about my sexuality and gender (last year I was questioning) and a lot of kids in my grade left for this college thing called "Running Start." It's where they take their classes at the local college instead, and us kids who stay at the high school won't be seeing them a lot. My classes will shrink from 25 kids in a room to less than 10. Due to the loss of students, I will feel more comfortable about myself. So I'm feeling motivated for the next school year.

4. Robellious

Holy :***:?! Ten only?! I've never been in a classroom with less than 32!
    How is it like being in such a small classroom? Must feel a bit more closer to your classmates, no? Since you can basically say the name of everyone without forgetting anyone's name!

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You were the type of kid I used to love breaking down, back when I was a total nightmare in public school. You take out the most optimistic/inspiring/capable/leading, and then the whole system, everybody else, ceases operations. Eventually, they scatter and you resume your bullying ways, with a divided, easier-to-deal-with opposition.

... just remembering myself like that, it brings a wave of shame over me. But more so, it reminds me of the progress I've made. The fact I can admit, and even learn from such things, helps as well. Those days are long ago and long gone, though.

I do admire your desire to step up, and to be heard. Just be careful with your approach, as too forceful can put as many people off as being too timid. I think it's wonderful, you're considering being a positive force; we need more of those in grade school. Bonus points for wanting to stand up to bullies. Coming from a former jerk, it won't be easy, but it is worth enduring.

Back when I was in grade school, I didn't really have any long-term goals. At best, it was just don't get caught, get through the day, and have a good time at someone's/something's expense. Insert random stuff here and there, to fill in the gaps.

Now, to be more recent, I am planning to resume community college. I'm only a few courses shy of a degree, which I had to put off years ago, due to financial and personal reasons. I'll just be how I always am, a very observant and potentially helpful individual. But I'm not going to give up my sarcastically witty and rebelliously unorthodox mannerisms either!

6. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm in college, it's my 3rd year so I'm almost done and moving to graduate school :grin: I love college, I've got a full-time job there, and meet a lot of people, plus I love studying. Hell, I'm excited to start already.

7. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Freshman year in College:grin: Going to be totally out and find a boyfriend, and get a job, and maybe cram in some classes:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm excited and slightly nervous!

8. My school year will start on the 13th of August, and luckily its a minimum day.

Since I'm also going to be a junior, I'll have to be diligent. I need to think more about university.

I'm actually excited to see my friends again so we can go get bubble tea and Yogurtland with them :grin:

9. the haunted

I'm in college and this is the first semester that I'm identifying as queer from the very beginning. I'm slightly nervous and anxious, but really looking forward to being open about my identity with my peers. :icon_bigg

This is also the first semester that I'll be taking a class at the University. It's awesome because it kind of signifies a new beginning of sorts. Lots of fresh faces that I haven't seen around the community college. I think it'll be a good way to experiment with a new style, so I'm excited about that!

Coincidentally, I heard that my Calculus III professor is gay, so that's cool I guess? Haha. I'm hoping to see some cute, smart, lesbians in my class. :icon_wink

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, yup! I pretty much know all of the names of everyone in my high school. There's only 200 kids, 300 if you add the middle school (we share the same building). I love going to a small school, it's great. Except for the fact that we are poor since we're small and have crappy electives. My AP11 English class will probably have 15 or less, my pre-calc class will have less than 10. Spanish III will be sparse, as well as chemistry.

11. LiquidSwords

I'm going back to uni for a postgrad course which I'm pretty excited for. I'm planning on being open about being gay from the start which I think will be quite refreshing compared to my undergrad course where I only came out to one person and right at the end.

12. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm starting college and I can't wait! There's no one I know over there and I want to make a good impression. Also, it'll be the first time that I study in a program I like. The summer has been the most boring summer I ever had in a long time, I won't miss it.

14. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm done with school. Just enjoy being in school while it lasts, unfortunately when you work you don't get a summer break

15. I don't get a summer break anyway! I work all year round.

As for this next school year, it's all about me. I'm taking all kinds of classes I'm really excited about, I'm living closer to school so I can study there longer and I'm going to be able to spend more time on actually learning instead of flying by the seat of my pants through the semester and scrambling to get my good grades.

As for the OP, I'm glad you're feeling so confident about going back to school. That is awesome and I wish you the best of luck!

PS: I also have a leather jacket and it does instantly make me feel awesome. So congrats on that too!

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really nervous about it. I moved to a different town, and I'll be starting high school >.<

17. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm dreading school so much I don't even want to think about it :frowning2:

18. Candace

I mean, I graduated college (so this doesn't apply to me but...) I really hate how schools go back soooooo freaking early. You spend more time indoors in school during the summer than actually outside and stuff. Why did they go back yesterday? It was August 4th! -_-

19. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm worried since I'm starting University. It has thousands more people than my school, and basically nobody I know is going there.

But I'm looking forward to the opportunity for a fresh start and to make friends :3

20. Adarya

School is really stressful for me, yet at the same time I have a lot of fun. With summer coming to an end I'll miss sleeping and not having to worry about anything, but when school starts I will be able to see my friends again and do a lot of the activities I find both fun and challenging. I am also pretty excited about some of the classes I'm taking, even if many of them are advanced and college level. I will be a sophomore (high school) this year and I will be taking college level social studies, math, and science, as well as advanced classes in music and English. The classes I am going to be taking I think will be enjoyable, even if the course work causes me a lot of stress.

This year I will also be in a lot of activities that I have missed over the summer, and I'll be joining the GSA at my school. I will definitely be focusing a lot on my music playing as well because I will be auditioning for a few state honor bands, as well as for a specific chair in my school’s concert band. I'm also pretty excited for homecoming and there is a large probability I will be going to prom, maybe with a girlfriend (like an actual girlfriend). Hopefully the bullies will stay away. Overall, though, I feel like this year will be pretty good for me.