1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any of you believe in ghosts or ever seen one?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RayXxx, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Do you believe in ghosts?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. Maybe/not sure

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I always after watching a horror movie that has to do with the paranormal, start thinking how ghosts could exist. I used to go back and forth in believeing and not believeing in them. Now, given that science can be the explanation for all these phenomenons, I think the whole ghost/supernatural thing is bullshit, sorry to all you believers. For reasons being, ghosts seem to defy the laws of physics. If a ghost were actually able to fly threw walls, then how could they pick up or move objects? What about clothes, how could they wear clothes, even after someone is dead how can they retain those same clothes they wore? The ghost would have to be physical ( have a body). As you can see there are many contradictions that can go on but that's just to give you an idea.

Here's a link to explain some of the science explainations behind paranormal activity.

10 Scientific Explanations For Ghostly Phenomena - Listverse

Any of your guys thoughts?

2. BelleFromHell

I don't believe in ghosts, either. I mean, they're great in horror movies, but I can't wrap my head around the idea of an invisible dead man who can scare people (although he's supposed to be INVISIBLE), fly through objects, and pick objects up. It makes no sense.

Of course, I'm not a big believer of afterlife in general, but even if I was, I still wouldn't believe in ghosts.

3. CupidBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk, but I love the show Ghost Whisperer.

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I do believe in ghosts. I don't really have an explanation why, and it's honestly more of a personal thing rather than a logical one. I can totally understand why people don't believe in them and have honestly agreed with them a few times. However, I can't shake the weird things that happened when I was little. I can remember playing in my room, and the door would keep opening, even when it was completely shut. After a few times, I got annoyed with it, so I yelled for it to stop, and it never happened again. There were other times where I was suspicious and weird stuff happened, but that's the one I remember the most.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know ghosts exist, and yes i have seen them, heard them and felt them

6. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since I gave up my religion and became an atheist I haven't believed in anything supernatural. I don't believe in an immortal soul either so I don't believe in ghosts or people who say they can talk to them/dead people for that reason either.

#6 butHitlerisDead, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No and no.

8. PICollins91

I saw ghosts of Native Americans on my property where I used to live before, one time I saw one standing only a few feet away from me who took off around the side of the house and knocked over one of my Dad's plants. Plus when taking my dog out at nights you could see them peeking from behind the trees or shadows of them on the grounds. Also you could sometimes here a flute playing from nowhere as nobody around there played. Sometimes even right in the same room as you are but of course no one is there.

9. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe in ghosts. I've lived in a haunted house when I lived in Missouri. There were strange noises every night. Like the sound of children constantly running up and down the hall.

10. Candace

I believe so, based on personal experiences. :confused:.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I consider myself fairly reasonable. However, I'm open to the possibility, there are things in life we don't know about. It makes life a little more fun, when you have wiggle room.

That said, I've seen a ghost. Once. But once is all I need. I won't bore anyone with an incredibly lengthy summary, so I'll sum it up like this:

Broke into an abandoned school, wandered around, checking out places, with a few other neighborhood kids. I, for some Godawful reason, begin to go off down another hallway, by myself. As I'm approaching a corner, I see it...

... I see 3/4ths of, what I assume, was a young kid, leaning on the corner of the end of the hallway. I'm about 80% sure it was a young female, probably elementary school age. Whether or not they were a student at this school, it doesn't really matter, because seeing them was enough.

The creepiest part about it, though, was the faint sort of glowing outline. It isn't like a bulb or a flashlight, no, it's more like a dim nightlight. Anyway, after seeing that, I turn around and bolt out.

I haven't been in that school since then, but I drive past it every other week, so, yeah. I think about it from time to time.

12. Lesbeme25

Lesbeme25 Guest

yes ghost are real, some of us dont see it but can feel it some of us can see it and feel it and some cant see and cant feel becuz they dont hav a third Eye which is said if u hav one u mostly see and feel theyr presence..
    Its sad becuz some ghost are lost souls, i seen images of them mostly casper like, ghost shifter, but my third eyes is not open yet i dont want it to be open haha!but i can feel theyr presence that gives u chill when ur walking on a dark street alone, i got scared easily so i dont think much about it ^^

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haven't seen one, but I'm pretty sure they exist. My guess is that it has to do with them living in a different dimension than we do. How do they? I honestly can't say.

14. the haunted

Not sure. I'm definitely open to it, but I'd be terrified to ever see an actual ghost.

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Not at all but the human brain is damn amazing and I love it

16. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I believe in ghosts and yes, I've seen a few, including a ghost dog. Our previous house was haunted by someone we named "the man in the hallway". Myself, my dad and my sister have seen him so I know I wasn't just imagining it. He never did anything scary, he just walked up and down the hallway, and we saw him whilst we were alone (each on different occasions). Just like a shadowy figure. You could see part of the hallway when you're sitting in the tv room, and he'd walk towards the bathroom and then back again later. He once "shut" the door too. Well, my dad said when he was in the kitchen one afternoon, he saw someone walk past the kitchen towards the bathroom, and he heard the door shut. When he peeped around the corner, the door was open, and there was no-one there. So, yeah. I believe in ghosts :grin:

17. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lol yes, believe, I've seen one, heard one, and had one breath in my ear when there was no draft anywhere nearby. Yup. But I believed even before then.

18. Nikky DoUrden

Ghosts r like god to me, nonexistance till proved scientifically :grin:

19. White Knight

I do believe spirits linger around and death is not an end... just begining of new phase in life.

20. Jybby

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not completely sure on my stance with this. A lot of odd things happened while I was grow in up and slowed down waned when I was around 13-15 including half conversations in my sleep and a lot of sleepwalking

I know for a fact there is something (whether to call a ghost or w/e) in my grandparents' house, as I have been dogsitting for them in the past, completely alone in the house and had cupboards open and close as well as heard footsteps upstairs. They also had a lot of trouble with my Aunt when she was younger and they still had the Wilson family steamer trunk. Idk also saw a lot of things while visiting Savannah Georgia when I was a lot younger.

Honestly what is is now is that I get a lot of shivers like somebody dumped ice down my back.

All could be mental fabrications borne of the anxieties I have, if one wanted a "logical" explanation.