1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the driving force in your life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What motivates you through life. What gets you out of bed in the morning and gives you the drive to get on with your day and your life. Do you have some goal you are striving for. Are you trying to learn new things perhaps. Are you seeking the most intense thrill. Are you driven by love for another. Or to help and care for others. Or are you trying to get rich.

Do you see your motives as selfless or selfish (honestly though, we aren't here to judge and either answer is fine).

Also do you feel being LGBT+ helps or hinders this or has no effect or influence at all...

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

A fear of my belief that there is no afterlife. I wish I had a more interesting answer but during my most depressed suicidal days and on my more average days, it is usually that so.... :v On my best days I would like to believe love is in my cards though.

3. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably the people I care about the most. Without them, I don't know where I'd be.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Most of the time I'm motivated by school because as much as I hate it I have a lot of ambition and I really want a good career and I probably would have given up by now if I didn't care so much, I feel like I HAVE to do good. Being trans makes it harder though because when I get really dysphoric I don't want to leave the house at all or get up

5. One Man Army

I don't know. I really don't know. Is this weird?

I don't find it a struggle to get out of bed in the morning, but I am at that stage in my life where I am unsure what I want to do as a living. I'm currently working a full-time (but temporary) job which is great, but it's not where I want to be in 3 years' time.

I love learning new things, I love spending time with the people I like, I love writing, I love the natural world and I love music. But I don't think any of these things are the driving force in my life.

6. Tardis221B

Great topic :slight_smile:

For me it's a combination of a few things:

I have a never ending thirst for knowledge; I'm always trying to learn more. I'm fascinated by any tidbit of new information I find and I can spend hours happily researching a topic. I love learning about biology, astronomy, psychology, history, art, english, music, any subject really. Although, I'm not all that intrigued by politics.

The next is my passion for art and anything creative. I want to make a positive difference in the world through art in the time that I'm here. I don't know if thats going to be through teaching, painting, animation, or writing, but I hope I'll be able to bring joy to others in what I do. I think my motives are mix of both selfish and selfless. I want others to be happy, but I want to be happy too.

I hope that being LGBT won't impact my career too much, and if it does, it I hope that it's because I'm trying to help continue to expand the acceptance of LGBT+ folk. Who knows, maybe I could help write a Disney movie with a LGBT+ Princess/Prince/Royal. :icon_wink

7. phony

8. idream

idream Guest

The one thing that keeps me going is the idea that I will continuosly meet a better me. I will improve, through knowledge and compassion for others, and I want to see who I can become. I love overcoming challenges and being gay is just an oppertunity. Don't get me wrong, I hate every second of it (the challenges) but I look to the future. I'm one of those people who thinks that one person can actually make a difference in the world as a whole. I want to be that one person, for myself and for others:slight_smile:

9. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

My everlasting quest of enjoying life to it's fullest... and finding happiness, joy, companionship, love and ecstasy. While trying to dodge all the fucking hassle life and society throws at you.

10. idream

idream Guest

That too...

11. Hexagon

I want to help people, make the world a better place.

12. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only driving force is that I hope to get one. There are of course things I look forward to, but they're not big enough to move me that much. I only have one life, so maybe I should live a little.

13. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Mine is just to actually not disappoint people.
    Especially my parents I guess. (wow, I just realised sth)
    And I need to change that cause it doesn't help me at all.

14. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    work usually gets me out of bed in the morning .
    its difficult to say as my mood changes often .

15. I want to learn as much as I can and teach as much as I can and love as much as I can.

I love learning and there's no end of things and people to learn about. I can't fit it all in or even find all the stuff that it's possible to learn about, but hell, I'm gonna try.

And I want to teach in a way that sparks independent thought, passion for learning, and empathy for others.

And I want to love the people in my life, and I want to love as many people and pastimes and places and foods and books as possible along the way.

And if all I ever get to is trying my hardest to do those things, then I won't have regrets about my life.

16. RAdam

:thewave:That I am the sperm cell that won the race...

17. Hiems

As a college student, my motivation for getting up each day is to graduate with PharmD. I need that degree to get a decent paying job. It will help pay off the mortgage and student loans... and then I can live my life comfortably :slight_smile:

As someone who lives in a lower class family, I believe moving from rags to riches would be great.

My motives are both selfless and selfish. Selfless because I plan to assist my parents with financial matters, e.g. mortgage, vacations, etc etc. Selfish because I will make so much more money than now and then use it to treat myself haha.

Being gay motivates me to an extent. I think of the light at the end of the tunnel... graduating, landing a job, me finding a BF, us getting hitched, and all that fun stuff. It's a dream that seems difficult to achieve, yet I want it so badly.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

At My Most OPTIMISTIC:
    To obtain the necessary strength to protect myself, so that I may help others, who have yet to discover their strength. To always learn, to know, to be as best prepared as possible - to defy expectations, to question mandates, to challenge the direction of individuals and the whole - allowing me to keep ahead, stick around, and, ultimately, to just stay alive. To achieve a sense of immortality, so that the idea of bettering oneself, coming to accept and love oneself, and that, with a little work and much will, one can advance, even if just a little bit, is not seen as some unobtainable possibility.

To, every day, at least once, make somebody smile and/or laugh. To do something, no matter how tedious or seemingly insignificant as it may be, that is outside of my comfort zone, a few times in a month. For example, I wore a t-shirt that was a bit tighter than I usually wear, and is more telling of bodily shape, a little while back. But, in doing this, I can observe, learn, even endure. I can take what could be used against me, and be weighed down by one less negative chain. I refuse to be put down by hatred or pushed aside by ignorance.

To leave a mark on somebody, or to inspire another, to step up and do something. That someone would become a sort of protege, and carry on the good fight, of loving yourself, being supportive, and never surrendering enjoyment for acceptance, is soothing to me. I think a lot, about the past, present, and future -- I focus on what-ifs, could-bes, and potentials. Even if it is something as outlandish as a zombie apocalypse, or as practical as the power going out for a few days, I like to live and learn in the world, so that I can be as resourceful and useful to it as possible. In planning, I find structure; in preparation, I find confidence; in execution, I find experience. I need a lot of confidence, because I tend to share a lot of it.

Ideally, to find love.
    To care for, and be cared about.
    To respect, and be respected.
    To comfort, and be comforted.
    To accept another, to be accepted.
    To nourish growth between two people, and mature it into humanity.

At My Most PESSIMISTIC:
    To obtain the necessary strength to protect myself, so that I may intimidate or awe others, who have yet to discover their strength on their own, making them depend on me for such surges of purpose, as opposed to learning it from themselves. To always learn, to know, to be as best prepared as possible - to defy expectations, to question mandates, to challenge the direction of individuals and the whole - allowing me to keep ahead, stick around, and, ultimately, to just stay alive. To achieve a sense of immortality, so that the idea of hope withers, forcing the masses to accept the dreary routine of systematic deconstruction, and that, with little disturbance and much acceptance, one can advance, even if just a little bit, is seen as the only sensible manner of escape, from the accumulating internal madness.

To, every day, at least once, make somebody withdraw and/or doubt. To do something, no matter how tedious or seemingly insignificant as it may be, that is outside of my comfort zone, a few times in a month, in order to prevent one more method of opposing me to be checked off. To weaken the foundation of resistance, with self-doubt and hate mongering, keeps them too divided to unite against the divisional beneficiary. As I am doing this, I can observe the degree of submissiveness/resistance, learn the virtues/vices of the individual, and endure because of this. I can take what could be used against me, and be weighed down by one less problematic chain. I could refuse to be put down by idealism or pushed aside by enlightenment.

To leave a mark on somebody, or to inspire another, to step up and do whatever. That someone would become a sort of protege, and carry on so that my ego's inability to accept finality could be appeased, somehow. I think a lot, about the past, present, and future -- I focus on what-ifs, could-bes, and potentials. Even if it is something as outlandish as a zombie apocalypse, or as practical as the power going out for a few days, I like to live and learn in the world, so that I can be as resourceful and useful to it as possible. In planning, I find organization; in preparation, I find advantage; in execution, I find order. I would need a lot of confidence (which would undoubtedly become arrogance), as this would be a strenuous endeavor.

Eventually, to find a partner-in-crime.
    To spoil, and be spoiled.
    To flatter, and be flattered.
    To attend, and be attended.
    To glorify another, to be glorified.
    To nourish strength between two people, and mature it into power.

You'll find sprinkles of selflessness and selfishness, in both extremes. At the end of the day, I have to tend to myself, and make sure I'm capable and nourished enough, or else I will be no good of doing any deeds. Promising my survival, is probably the embodiment of my selfishness, because positive or negative, it remains a critical part of my designs.

Being LGBT has played some role, but in simply setting the hurdle to leap over, and learn to love and accept myself. It has allowed me to be more open, in thinking and loving, so there is that perk. I suppose one could add the whole social stigma, but, I'm selective in being direct about it. I won't hide it, but you'll have to be the one to assume or guess, because I don't think it's something that should come up, unless necessary. Otherwise, it seems kind of random and forced. Lol.

19. YourSoThirsty

I don't really know why I get up I just do what needs to be done wishing for it to get better but so far my faith is betraying me...

20. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Various and sundry biological imperatives for the ultimate purpose of transferring my genes to another vehicle. Not privy to any of this 'motivation' whosawhatness