1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You don't know what you like til you try (sexuality version )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Aug 5, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I was watching some videos on youtube , and so basically the lesbians on there said that they don't trust lesbians ,that had never been with men and that they could wake up one day and want to be with a man . She then said that they shouldn't say they only like women if they never tried penis or say they think penises are gross . Now I've been thinking no one says this to straight people and I have been told " Oh you need to have penis vagina sex to know if your gay ".

So my question to you all is can you know what you like if you have never been with the opposite sex and don't plan to be .

2. Budweiser

You don't have to try it to know you like it. If you're not attracted to men then trust me you're not missing out on anything.

3. How do straight people know they aren't gay or bi without being with the same sex?

If we're asking the question for gay or bi people, why don't we ask straight people that question? It seems silly when you ask straight people because of course they know that they're straight without having to have sex with someone to find out.

I guess I don't understand why so many people think that gay people just haven't tried to be straight hard enough to know who they are.

4. Esper

I bet they said this in order to create a debate in the comment section. "Controversial" videos are all the rage these days.
    But if they really believe this, then I'm afraid they're not the brightest bulbs on the porch.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I could have sex with a goat, but I doubt it'd change anything. Unless this goat was also making six-figures at their job, had a nice car, and could speak romantically in multiple languages. Then, maybe...

LOL.

6. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. The whole "you can't know until you try someone of the opposite sex" argument is completely absurd.

7. Candace

That argument is absurd. I tried dating a girl once and wound up just being friends with her. I knew that I liked guys and that's that.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I feel the similar I kinda wish I never did it with a guy feels like I wasted time

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the same way i know i want to be with a guy or a girl even though i have only been in a straight relationship and have only been with a woman. I just do.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some of my friends are still trying to get me to sleep with guys :dry:
    like by suggesting it .

11. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't listen to your friends who try to get you in a straight relationship. I have a gay friend who everytime he is around my straight friends, they ask him if he has ever been with a girl and if not, how does he know he doesn't like it. He is great and just shrugs it off. But I got pissed last time this convo came up and said, it doesn't even matter, you like who you like period.

12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that the whole "you don't know you don't like it if you don't try it" thing is pretty damaging. I mean, loads of straight people have never tried sex with the same sex/gender but they still deem themselves straight with 100% confidence. Why should it be any different for people who aren't straight?

I've never had sex with a man and I have no intention to seek out sex with a man. Thinking about penis and all that either makes me uncomfortable or I'm just utterly indifferent and uninterested to it, so. That's just who I am.

I think that if you're lesbian, you're lesbian. There's no need to have sex with a man to prove it. We don't need to prove anything-At the end of the day we can be just as certain of who we are as straight people who have never had sex with the same gender.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah no one tells straight people to go sleep with the same sex .

14. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

these people should have the sex with the women to become lesbians make sure they dont like the women and prove their loyalty to heterolife

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stupid people don't get it. You either have an attraction or you don't. So, is every virgin asexual? Under this assumption, they shouldn't know their sexuality. Dumb stuff.

16. BelleFromHell

If only you could tell my god-mother this...