1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knitting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TurtleCat, Aug 5, 2014.

1. TurtleCat

I was just curious if anyone else here liked to knit.

I've recently got back into knitting and I really enjoy it... It can be relaxing and even addicting, and is a great way to make gifts for people. However, I'd like to branch out and learn how to make more things... at the moment, I only really know the basic knit stitch and how to make scarves.

2. BreezyB

I love knitting known how to do it for about 4 year now . My favorite thing to make are pillows because you can personalize them too much and people love getting hand knitted pillows as gifts

3. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I like knitting and crocheting. Crocheting is a lot easier to do and to follow patterns for different stuff. I can honestly only knit scarves or anything rectangular or square! I've been trying to make other stuff too, but it is a tad tricky.

4. TurtleCat

I actually haven't tried crocheting yet, but I'd love to learn how to do that as well. I've heard that it's actually easier than knitting and you can make neat things with it, too. I've bought the tools and stuff for it, just haven't gotten around to actually doing it yet.

5. Candace

My stepmom does. She made me an entire light blue-dark blue quilt for me and it sits over the living room couch.

My biological mother knitted me a blanket for when I was like 1-2 years old. It has some tears in it, but I still have it in my closet. As a 22 year old, I can still say that it's so damn comfortable to sleep with :grin:.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I have a dumbass brain because I have tried to pick up knitting from both grandmas and I just can not do it :<

So I admire and buy etsy work from afar. It works out in a way :, )

7. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not very well, but I can :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could but don't have the skill

9. sandcastle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Back in middle school I used to hate the handicraft class with passion. I could knit, but I messed up a lot and most of the time my mom ended up doing it for me. Haven't really tried knitting again after that. However, last year I tried crocheting and actually enjoyed it (I was quite surprised by that :lol:slight_smile: . I agree that it is easier than knitting.

10. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a bit of a knitter. But I don't have much time anymore. It's taken me a year to make a cardi for my little sister, and I don't think it will fit her by the time i'm done! You should definitely try other stitches Turtlecat. The cardi I'm working on has a cool holey pattern that you slip stitches and pull stitches over and stuff. It looks really cool: http://www.cottontailcrafts.co.uk/user/products/large/SIR-DK-1239.jpg

I may have made a mistake trying to do cable stitch and knitting on double pointed needles at the same time in my other project though. That one's gonna be waiting a while.