1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you dance with your partner at family parties etc?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brodie, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, this sounds weird but I have this thing were if I were at a party, family thing, wedding or a nice bar or something I would want to dance, slow dance etc and I was wondering have you ever done it? How was it taken?

I know it's odd but I want embrace and hold someone, and have them lay their head on me and dance with them, what about at our wedding and stuff?

Sorry, it's an odd question. Do you do it? Where? What events? How was it taken?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I assume you mean partner as in, a romantic partner. If so, then no.

However, I have danced with people before. I'm not a professional by any means, but I do all right for myself. Anyway, I've slow danced with people, and I get complimented on it from time to time. Women tend to appreciate how I hold them, if that makes sense. I'm not crushing their bodies, as if I'm trying to get a cheap feel. They also comment on how, sometimes, I'll move my hand away from their waist, and brush some hair out of their face. Most have found it enjoyable, as it shows I'm paying attention. To the few who have asked me, what am I doing? I just give that cocky smirk and say, "What? I just wanted to see all of your pretty face!"

I'm witty when it comes to the pretty, LOL!

I haven't slow danced with a man, but I have had contact with some. We, usually, do that whole 'tag' one another, to continue a set of moves; and some of the 'tags' would be more than slapping hands. We'd slap backs, shoulders and arms, and so on and so forth. But this was at a party, so slow dancing wasn't really on the agenda there.

3. AAASAS

I feel like most gay guys aren't into slow dancing, that seems to be more of straight female thing despite all the things some gay guys have in common with straight females.

I just really don't think gay guys give a shit generally about slow dancing so it's never really come up. I could be wrong, but it seems gay guys are more into fucking on the floor type dancing.

I don't think it would be appropriate because it's highly sexual, and no one should be getting horned up on the dance floor around family. But a slow dance, at a wedding, I don't really see a problem with that, I just don't think a lot of gay guys want to do it.

I personally hate the idea of a slow dance, it's sort of created for straight people; I'm going to get flamed for this, and more a creation of old fashioned patriarchal societies. I'm super cynical so my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. But a slow dance to me is more a courtship thing between males and females, and was created so that they could get close to each other; back when public displays of affection and affection in general were not regarded highly. It also is a bit sexist because the man is supposed to lead and the girl just follows; traditionally.

I don't know everything about a slow dance just seems weird and wrong to me in a modern society. They're also embarrassing to watch because people look so stupid when they slow dance, and there is nothing rhythmic about it, nothing really moving to the beat properly, just two huddled masses spinning in circles taking steps like a duck. Again just my opinion.

But I do wholeheartedly believe a lot of gay guys are just like guys and don't really care about slow dancing, they have no problem doing dirty dances though because it's sexually stimulating.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    At weddings, there are sometimes arranged dances which can be much fun.
    There are i.e. medieval dances, where there is an exchange of partners, with easy steps which are usually shown in advance. There are youtube videos on that.

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't think of a lot of family events where there was slow dancing. The only one I can think of was one of the weddings of one of my sisters. We danced--I don't recall there being any sort of reaction. My partner and I have slow danced at gay events--more often 2 stepping which is like slow dancing but not really that slow. If you are going to do real slow dancing the main thing you have to figure out is who will lead. That was hard for my partner and I to figure out because he's a much better dancer than I am--he was a professional for quite a few years--but when it comes to ballroom he generally followed. We settled on a kind of weird amalgam where I technically lead--anyone watching us would say I was leading and I do--with my body--he pretty much leads with his eyes though. So basically I lead but according to his silent instruction. It works surprisingly well.:lol:

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

the fuck does one nonspeed dance

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Pick me as your partner, and I'll show you. Lol.

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

*slips kaiser a box of TWENTY chicken nuggies (the FIVE DOLLAR one) ((because I spoil the ones that are good to me))*

9. Candace

Nope, but I was planning on bringing a date to a party of mine, act as if they were a cousin, and possibly dance together :grin:. But unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is this "partner" individual you speak of? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I tend to avoid dancing at all costs, but I suppose if I could find a "partner" to properly teach me...

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I had a partner, and went to a 'family party' (the latter is exceedingly unlikely - but that's another matter), probably not - unless I was drunk. I do not dance unless I am drunk. I can't dance anyway, but it doesn't matter if I'm drunk.

12. the haunted

Well I don't currently have a partner, but if I did I would slow dance if she really wanted to. I personally don't like to dance, but I'm good to my partners, so I'd dance for them. :slight_smile: