1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World in 2025

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Lukas17

What do you think how the world will look like in near but not that near future? What are your expectations and do you think it will be better?
    This might be a political question too because most of countries are in crisis and this form of capitalism can't stay like this because every country has big external debt and economy is getting worse every day.
    But looking from different point what do you think how the normal life will look like, will it be similar as now or there's gonna be big difference? I've read in Daily Mail which innovations will happen until then but it's almost impossible to believe in, well at least for most of us.

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Not sure about the rest of the world but sadly, I see the United Kingdom splitting up.

3. One Man Army

It will still be shit, but in different ways.

There will still be intermittent conflicts in the Middle East.

Polar ice caps will continue to melt. Sea levels will be a bit higher and a few coastal towns will be washed away.

But as a whole, we'll be burning fossil fuels at a slower rate as renewable sources of energy become more efficient and widespread, even in developing countries.

I'll be 36 and England still won't have won the World Cup again.

#3 One Man Army, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. Lukas17

Honestly, I don't believe in that scenario mostly based on what I heard about debate on Scotland's independence.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm... flying cars! XD

...Nah, probably not, but that would be awesome...

6. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

It'll be just as screwed up as it is today, maybe with different players. The human race is just self destructive. Both in the short run and I fear in the long run.

7. Kat 5

8. BornAnew

I really hope it will be a better place.

- I'm hoping healthcare will have improved and will save more lives across the world.

- Hopefully the financial markets will be seeing an upturn.

- Transportation will have become more green so we help the environment more & it'll be more efficient and faster (Air con on london tubes PLZZZZZ)

- Conflicts have a natural cycle so hopefully we will be in the twilight part of it for a lot of the conflicts going on today

- LGBT rights will have hopefully gotten better all around the world & marriage should have become more synonymous with a partnership with who you love rather than 'Guy x Girl'

- A new Star Wars trilogy will have come and will hopefully be amazing :slight_smile:

- Flying cars

I think there's a lot to look forward to...the world won't be perfect and parts of it will be horrible with new evils coming into play....but there will be a heck of a lot of good to celebrate!!!!

9. Princess Danica

I'm hoping it's a world less critical of the LGBT community, but I doubt it. Technology will certainly be mind boggling compared to tech nowadays, and old people will continue to have problems with it lol

The only thing I fear is a 3rd world war.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Nations may come, and they may go,
    Reserves may exhaust, and they may flow.

War is likely, death even more,
    Faith may wither, living a chore.

Wealth will pile, poverty too,
    The only thing that matters is...

What can you or I do?

Sorry, I was feeling kind of poetic. LOL.

Really, I'm just waiting for:

[​IMG]

If not in 2015, then by 2025, damn it!​

11. Hexagon

My guess is that it will be rather similar to this one, but worse. Conflict like what we're seeing will still be going on. The rights of people in the developing world will still be ignored, and the rights of those in the developed world will have been slowly chipped away. We'll have less privacy and less liberty. Climate change will have started to make us regret our selfish consumption, but nothing will have changed, and we'll still carry on destroying the planet. A few more countries will kindly extend the right to marry to us queers (please note sarcasm). But that matters less than you might think, my friends.

12. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

13. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a major breakup in a certain large republic...

14. BornAnew

hmm time to start saving up for a ticket to the Moon Base (whenever they complete it)

15. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't foresee a better future, infact the opposite. By 2025 we'll surely be due another bust, the European Union will have crumbled under it's own weight and politics, it's got carried away with itself and it's powers and its leading to it's own decline and we'll all be at war with each other. But the Brits do love a war.

By then of course I'll be retired with £20m in the bank. Not.

Weird that Id rather have been born 40 years ago but then, I'd rather not because...well i'm a gay guy and for that reason life would be so much harder.

On the bright side, something's certain, I'll be another 11 years closer to the heaven. Every cloud n all.

16. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Flying cars sound fun, but how would you create orderly traffic patterns? Would you just drive above the roads that already exist, or establish lots of low altitude flight paths?

In general, I think the world will be much the same, with the addition of whatever technological advances occur, and a disaster here and there along the way. Eleven years isn't very long, all things considered.

As far as what those technologies might be, who knows, but if I had to guess, one ongoing thing will be incorporating the internet into more aspects of life.

17. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Real bad shit will happen but we'll keep finding short-term solutions to live with it and life will go on anyway as it has.

18. Sabot Kitty

Rough timeline:

• January 1: The Eurasian Economic Union comes into effect.
    • February 23rd: NASA's Dawn spacecraft arrives at dwarf planet Ceres.
    • July: ESA and NASA launch the LISA Pathfinder spacecraft.
    • July 14: NASA's New Horizons spacecraft flies to Pluto and Charon and explores the area for five months, before entering into the Kuiper belt and leaving the Solar System.
    • September 10: Queen Elizabeth II becomes the United Kingdom's longest reigning monarch.
    • The United States and South Korea will dissolve the post-Korean War Combined Forces Command.
    • Cloud computing [may] contribute to the creation of two million computerized job worldwide by this point.

• January: The ESA and Roscosmos launch a joint ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter on a mission to Mars.
    • July 9: The European-Japanese BepiColombo spacecraft is launched to Mercury.
    • September: The Five hundred meter Aperture Spherical Telescope, the largest and most sensitive radio telescope in the world, is finished by China.
    • November 1: Sierra Nevada launched the Dream Chaser, a privately built space plane.
    • Orbital Technologies launches a space hotel for wealthy tourists.
    • The world has 3 billion Internet users, 40 percent of the world's current population.

• July 1: The first government in Hong Kong elected by universal suffrage is scheduled to take office.
    • July: ESA's Solar Orbiter is launched toward the Sun, performing close observations of its polar regions.
    • October 26: The full records of John F. Kennedy's assassination are released to the public.
    • December 17: NASA conducts the maiden flight of its Space Launch System.
    • NASA launches the exoplanet-seeking Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite.
    • ESA's CHEOPS exoplanet-seeking satellite is also launched.
    • The European Extreme Light Infrastructure project is completed.
    • JAXA's robotic SELENE-2 lunar mission is launched.
    • The United States deploys missile interceptors on the Pacific coast.
    • Fully synthetic yeast is created.

• US missile defense complex in Poland is operational.
    • The London Convention, which prevents sea dumping, expires.
    • Israel releases classified information from its state archives of the first two decades of its existence.

• The Kingdom Tower in Saudi Arabia is completed, the tallest building in the world at 1 kilometer in height.
    • ITER begins its first plasma experiments.
    • Supercomputers reach 1 Exaflop.
    • The Bangladesh Navy commissions its submarine force.
    • British troops leave Germany.
    • Complete ban on lead ammunition for hunting across California.
    • The Union of South American Nations completes the process of eliminating tariffs on sensitive products, and establishing a single market in the continent.

• The Voyager program is expected to terminate.
    • 2020 Summer Olympics to be held in Tokyo, Japan from July 24th to August 9th.
    • India's ISRO sends a manned space missions to the Moon.
    • The Russian Federal Space Agency begins mining helium-3 from the Moon.
    • Chinese yuan becomes one of the world's main three currencies, along with the U.S. dollar and euro.
    • Volvo creates a crash-proof car using radar and sonar.
    • Toyota has all hybrid vehicles, while most automobiles in general are hybrids.
    • Self-driving cars.
    • 3-D video conferencing.
    • Artificial brain cells, lungs, kidneys, and identification of genetic causes for some diseases.

• FIFA World Cup to be held in Qatar.
    • European Space Agency plans to launch JUICE for exploration of Jupiter's icy moons by 2022.

• The tallest skyscraper in the world is the Dubai City Tower.
    • Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 space probes no longer have sufficient electrical power to operate their radio transmitters.
    • Chinese manned mission to the Mars.
    • Masdar City in the U.A.E. is completed.
    • ESA manned mission to Mars.
    • Custom-made 3D printed human organs are feasible.
    • Ecumencial meeting of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches at Nicaea [Iznik, Turkey] to mark the 1700th anniversary of the Council of Nicaea.

2020s
    • According to a report released by the National Intelligence Council, the United States will experience the relative decline of its economic and military power, driven both by the rise of new behemoths such as China, India and the EU and by domestic constraints on its global leadership.
    • The Mars-Grunt sample return mission is proposed to launch in the mid-2020s.
    • End of Moore's Law for silicon chips.
    • Glasses or lens flashing internet onto our retinas, manipulated with handheld device or the motion of our fingers. Internet glasses could hold content, recognize objects, or people with information on either, and take pictures.
    • Further diversification of the energy industry.

#18 Sabot Kitty, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  19. Lukas17

You don't have apologize at all, this was great, at least to me. :slight_smile:

I have seen this article and it's almost the same like in one movie. I don't know remember exactly its name but it is about end of the world and it has, ironically, same characteristics like holes in Siberia caused by methane. But we've found solution how to survive so I guess we'll find it in real life. :lol:

20. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe Scotland but Northern Ireland and Wales can't afford to split from the UK.