1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Most Awkward Conversation Ever

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Polterpup, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Polterpup

Dudes...I had the worst conversation EVER today at lunch! So, I was sitting there talking to my friends (I don't remember what about, by I was probably making sex puns), and one of my friends (let's call her chick 1) looks to my crush (chick 2) and says "Chick 2, you should be lesbian. I could totally see you two together!"
    My. Heart. Stopped. I just sat there with what was probably the dumbest look ever on my face. Shock and embarrassment. It was as if the world stopped around me. I got up to throw my food away before I was even finished just to get away for a minute.
    So, later today I went over to my friend's house (chick 3). We started talking about that and apparently after I left, the people at the table told chick 1 about my feelings for chick 2. So, great, everyone knows about THAT. And that apparently chick 2's face was all wide eyed and she shook her head in a way that was like "Dude, shut up!" Ugh! That was truly awkward! Has anyone else had an awkward moment like this?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I have, but I can't remember at the moment. Gosh, I'm sorry. D: Well, at least your crush knows and maybe she'll talk to you about it? Or did your crush already know...

3. Polterpup

She already knew. That's where the whole "dude, shut up" look came from. I swear, she is all I ever think about. That's why I went to my friend's today. To get my mind off of her by playing the good old Nintendo 64 with a broski.

4. idream

idream Guest

I am so sorry, that sounds unpleasant. I've been through awkwardness. Totally unrelated, though, to your story. I'd just come out to a bunch of people from school, and I don't remember what we were talking about, but I turned to my friend and jokingly said "oh won't you go out with me" all mock dramatic and she looked at me, dead serious, and said "I'm sorry, but I'm straight" and looked apalled. I then stammered that it was a joke but gawd it was terrible.

5. Polterpup

Ugh, I couldn't even imagine. Almost everything that comes out of my mouth is a joke, so I don't think I'd ever have to deal with anything like that. That would be hard to bounce back from in that conversation though...

6. Shamash

Yeah, actually. See, at my old school, I had a lot of friends that were girls. And that was rather unusual. And I suppose they thought I acted feminine or something? (I'm not camp or anything.) So then this one girl called me her "gay best friend" even though she knew I wasn't actually gay. And then I realized I was gay, and that was really, really awkward whenever she said it.

It was also awkward when I told her, but that was over skype, so it wasn't as bad.