1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u deal with fake people ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a fight with "my friends" and I lost them all of them . How do u deal with people leaving you ?

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it depends on your definition of friends. If they are people that you know socially and just kinda get along with (like"work friends") I generally don't give a shit because I'm better off without them.

When me and my best friend got into a fight and being angry I basically told her to forget she knows me, we didn't talk to each other for almost three weeks. To be honest it was the worst three weeks of my life. Though in the end it proved just how good of friends we are. We finally started talking and made up.

If these people are truly your friends then they will come around after the tempers wear off. If not....

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank u

4. YourSoThirsty

i have no real "friends" but that's by my definition of friends. I see a friend as a person who makes you better yourself and supports you and vice versa. With those type of friends you rarely lose them via a fight no matter how bad, they don't want to lose you and you don't want to lose them, because they see past the fight. So when i find a fake person that i get along with i simpily forget them as fast as i can. Hope that help[ed

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't, I just let them be

I used to gossip about them when I felt betrayed but that's so childish

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am resolved (resolving?) to not associate again with someone. I felt like the relationship was unbalanced and unhealthy for me, and that it was impacting my life very negatively and that there was no prospect of improvement whatever I did, sticking around. Also I had forgiven being threatened with gun twice already so I continuously felt anxious, super anxious, that it would inevitably happen again. Then he almost hit me with his truck. Like I didn't already have PTSD...

That is not to say I am happy about it. Sometimes I feel so hurt and wronged that I can barely keep myself from starting it all up again, and I'd probably be fool enough to think this time that he really is sorry.

Give it time, and hopefully things will change and positively.

Also, perhaps you should see this as simply change instead of labeling it in terms with emotional associations? I heard from many a person at different times things like 'people always leave me' 'i have no friends' etc. Partially a self-fulfilling prophecy I suspect.

No. You deserve to be happy, you deserve to have people that care about you. If they are really your friends, then forgive them at least even if you do not see them again. Because sometimes friendships do end but they don't have to be spiteful on both sides. Do you benefit from holding onto it? I am trying to live up to this advice right now and it is so hard. It is shown in studies, however, that people reporting overall greater happiness and satisfaction in their lives also believe that they deserve to be happy. See the trend?

Thanks for your post. Hopefully I didn't go off the rails in what I said.

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I will answer this tomorrow because I have to get my sleep cx

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no I love ur post. Friend :slight_smile:

thank u

thank u for ur post

9. I leave them alone. Hurting them won't solve anything.

10. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Leave them alone. They are not worth your time. If someone is your friend they initiate as well. Also, a friend makes you feel whole in a way like you can do pretty much anything. They help build you up rather than tear you down. They help guide you in your deepest hours to a better world in a way-look at things differently.

Kind of the same thing for someone who you like romantically. I always find I start to like a particular friend in that way because I know them. I can see that they are actually interested in knowing me which makes it easier. However, not always easy since life just gets in the way sometimes.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

They may get a power trip if you do hurt them because then they know they got to you or that they matter to you in some way. Cruel world at times.

11. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank u :slight_smile: I love ur post it helps a lot friend :slight_smile:

12. Hexagon

I just leave them be.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can smell fake very quickly. I don't have fake friends. I have had manipulative friends who try to put on guilt trips. Those friends are all gone.

14. Candace

I leave them alone and just try not to talk to them. Either that or blast them out on the spot :grin:.

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love ur answer lol

16. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank u everyone for ur advice :slight_smile: I just hate people manipulating me

17. Candace

Thank you. :slight_smile: I just have a small threshold for putting up with people's nonsense, so that why I gave those two viable options :lol:.

18. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I knew I had posted this somewhere!!! Haha I didn't remember where tho! Haha

Well I deal with fake people by simply ignoring them but i don't like to be messed with and I don't like it when those closest to me are messed with either so someone usually gets their ass handed to them cx

19. ScatteredEarth

That must've been one hell of a fight.. If it's that easy to lose friends like that, maybe they weren't your friends at all? It sucks to lose people at first but eventually you just come to terms with it and move on. Nothing hurts forever.

20. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    most of the time I will let them be but if it gets on my nerves & I've had a drink I may tell them to go awayish