1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YAY-we're still friends...but

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Sep 6, 2008.

1. partietraumatic

I started the new school year on wednesday. I was really nervous about it as it meant i would have to see my ex-bf for the first time since he broke up with me. But its been great. We seem to have gone back to being friends pretty successfully, and without too much awkwardness (well,the odd awkward silence, but thats better than i expected). We still go to lunch together and chat the whole time when we see each other. Its such a relief to know that he did mean it when he said he wanted to stay friends!

But on the other hand I'm not really over him, and i feel kinda guilty about that fact. I still want to see him more than my other friends. I still do silly things like hang around doing nothing during breaks, just in case he happens to be free too and i see him. I still get a slightly disappointed feeling if i don't talk to him for a while, or i see him walking while I'm in a lesson and can't talk to him.

Anyway this may pass, but it leaves me feeling a bit guilty to him and my other friends. But its all worth it to be friends with him!!!! So I'm not complaining too much :slight_smile:

2. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Thats cool. :slight_smile: I didnt stay friends with my ex, cause I was so stupid. :frowning2:

3. Derek the Wolf

You can still be friends with him. Just don't let those feelings for him reemerge. It may be awkward, so I wouldn't get too closer to him. Give yourself some distance. Be natural, don't hide your feelings. If you're falling for him again, tell him so.