1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm starting to believe the "everyone's bisexual" theory

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ausdtc, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ausdtc

So, since coming out I've noticed an odd trend from many guys I know, across a variety of age ranges and backgrounds. A huge percentage of guys I've spoken to about being gay (say, roughly 70%-80%) have admitted to at least having considered seeing what it was like with a guy before. It's mostly been a curiosity I think, there's been 2 cases however:

- A friend of mine approached me saying that one of her ex-boyfriends wants to sleep with me, as he's always wondered what it'd be like. I declined the "offer", it'd just be weird as I don't know him at all really, and he and my friend are still very close.

- I went around to visit some friends who'd been drinking, and were quite drunk. And the idea came up that me and the other guy who was there should make out. He'd never touched a guy before, but was interested. They were all very drunk, and his gf (also a friend of mine) was there (though, she was encouraging it too :help:slight_smile:. I decided that it was probably not a good idea, as he'd likely wake up regretting it in the morning and things'd be weird.. But I spoke with him the next day when he was sober and he still said he'd have been OK if we had kissed!

OK, I'll stop rambling now (!) I was just wondering, has anyone else noticed this trend when they've spoken with "straight" people about their sexuality?

2. Gumtree

I honestly don't think ANYONE has ever not gone through the 'OMG THE WHOLE WORLD IS GAY/BI' stage.

I'm not sure why or how but after a while it gets you into trouble and you seem to end up hurt, then you start finding yourself less attracted to guys you don't 'know' are gay/bi.

Well thats how it worked for me. :/

Twas fun while it lasted, did a lot of flirting lol

3. hoping

Um i think its not that everyone is bisexual i think its more people just are more open sexually and that people just want to try it to see what its like.
    Its hard to put it into a catorgory cause it can be said yes people are bi just by sex but others say your only bi if you have an emotional connection.
    In my opinon no not everyone is bisexual cause there are alot of people who are simply repulsed by the idea or simply just not interested in sex or relationships with people from the same gender.
    sorry if im rambling but its late and i need sleep

4. ausdtc

I'm not suggesting that these people would actually ever act on their curiosity. I was just expecting more that I'd hear things like "hey, that's cool for you, not really my thing, but hey!".

That said, hoping's theory that people are just more open is a good explanation for what I've seen :slight_smile:

5. Gumtree

Im sure most of us have been curious about heterosexuality at one stage or another.

Kind of makes sense for it to be applicable both ways.

6. riddlerno1

I suppose people are always curious of what it is like to be different. i guess that thoughts of 'what would it actually be like to say kiss a guy does pop into straight guys heads alot even though they may be very grounded in being straight.

7. I think everyone's bisexual to an extent. Just don't mention that fact to immature seventh-grade girls who say "EWWW! I do NOT like girls!!!!"

8. jazzrawr

I don't think everyone is bisexual, i think some people are very open sexually to anything, and some people are completely concrete about their sexuality.
    I think everyone's thought about it at some point, and some go "Ewww!" And some go "Well, it's something to think about."
    Bisexual is different than bi-curious, so i think at some point everyone has been bi-curious.

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I think that most young people are up for a bit of bi-curiosity. But there'll always be the super-straight ones too.

10. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I must be one of the super-gay ones.

11. Derek the Wolf

Everyone's sexuality changes over time. If you're straight, you stay around 0-1 on the Kinsey scale. If you're gay, you're around 5-6. I go anywhere from 2-4. Over time things will change with people. Just because someone is bi-curious or bi-permissive, doesn't mean they're actually bisexual. THAT is a phase. Bisexuality and homosexuality are not.

12. what she said ^^^ ^.^ lol.

Well put Jazz.

:thumbsup:

13. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think people are just getting a lot more comfortable about sexuality and experimentation.

At 4 of the last 10 parties I've gone to, some guy has gotten trashed and said "I think I'm bi" and that they want to make out with me. Not because I'm incredibly good-looking by any means, I'm just a close friend of theirs who's gay, etc. I laugh it off and ignore it because while I think it'd be fun, I would feel that I'm... preying on them somehow? Can't explain it.

14. Chamber of Life

I can see where you're coming from because me being gay I have thought about a girl, in a realationship way, but really never sexual. Besides kissing, kissing doesn't bother me I kiss guys and girls all the time. It's just the sexual thing with the girls that's like yucky!

15. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot more people who claim to be heterosexual will not admit to being curious about experimenting with the same-sex (because of social attitudes etc), but if we are willing to accept that people are gay and/or bisexual then there is no reason to not accept that there are people who would be exclusively heterosexual. It probably isn't as high as society would like us believe, but there will still be people who are.

16. Chamber of Life

Martin, I agree with you 100% Like I said, I can kiss and like cuddle with a girl, but on a sexual level, never. I know people who are strictly gay, so there are strictly straight people.

17. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That sounds quite similar to me. I could kiss/cuddle a guy quite easily, I think, but not further.

I think there must be a lot of Kinsey 1s or 2s out there who call themsleves straight though, maybe because they never even realise their feelings. Maybe they're starting to come out of the woodwork.

18. xxAngelOnFirexx

everyone gets curious in their life. it does not mean that they are bi.