1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair and women

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLittleWorld, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might seem a little bit weird question, but oh well..

In our society it seems that women are pushed to be perfect, have hair only on their heads, telling them how to dress, and all that bull*hit. I noticed a lot of men, not all, but those I know are disgusted by the idea of hair on woman's legs (I'm not talking about hair that is so long you can pin it, I talk about stubble, you barely can see it, but you can feel it.) I was surprised, and at the same time, I don't understand. When I had a girlfriend, she had beautiful legs, and I never cared if she had a stubble on her legs in the morning, it wasn't a big deal. Also I see many women just cutting their skin to get rid of that stubble, because some dumbass told her, that her legs needs to be perfect and soft. Soft is great, but about that perfect thing, I am not sure... generally, most people judge women for having body hair. But what I noticed, lesbians are more often okay with these things..

Why is it so?

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably because we understand what we go through in order to rid ourselves of it. So we don't have a problem so much with partners having it because we understand.

3. Candace

Because we're stupid and place insane ideals on women. I just think that we have this insane notion that women are supposed to be "clean and dainty" and that guys are supposed to be unkempt, dirty, and have a mongrel looking appearance. :dry:

4. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ElPana would know all about being unkept and dirty :grin: ahahahahahahahahaa.

but I agree there are some stupid expectations on women to look a certain way. I wouldn't be so particular, you just do you. Lesbians are more about women themselves, not their exterior I guess.

5. I think some of it too is that women who love women are already breaking one of the biggest expectations of their lives, what's another small one out the window?

6. wanderinggirl

It's because some guys have these weird ideas such as that we don't put in effort to our appearance; we are born stubble-free, BO-free... One time some girls and our guy friend and I were chilling and someone brought up poop, and he literally said "eeeww girls don't poop!" I mean he knows; but his fake denial revealed something about how guys sometimes think about womens' bodies.

The stubble reminds those guys that we have bodies that function just like any other body, that we put in effort, that our natural state is not so kempt and sterile... maybe sometimes they need a lil reminding. :slight_smile:

And queer women? well we know our bodies are no different from one anothers', and that's what makes them so great!

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Nowadays, I don't really mind. It's there.

This does remind me of an incident many, many years ago, when I was a middle school kid, that basically went like this. I was making fun of a young lady who didn't shave her legs, which I assume was due to her parents forbidding her. Anyway:

Me: 'Sup, Chewbacca-legs?
    Her: You're just mad my legs can grow what your little boy face, can't!
    Me: !!!

Oh man, she clowned me good. LOL.

8. Princess Danica

Not even 2 minutes into shaving my legs for the very first time I realized what women go through to look nice, and was instantly more appreciative of the effort. If every man went through the effort of shaving his legs just once, he probably wouldn't mind the stubble on woman's legs anymore.

9. SeaSalt

As long as the body hair doesn't somehow block the far more important personality then I personally could care less. Admittedly I would be a bit jealous if they had more majestic body hair than me xD

10. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

You got served, mate! :roflmao:

Good on her.
    Ah well. Old times, eh?

Well I personally don't mind body hair. Especially legs, I just don't care about. Hair does not define a person. I shaved myself in all places at least once, and I know how much hassle shaving some areas can be. I still prefer the area of the genitals to be at least somewhat kept in shape, no matter the gender. But I wouldn't turn someone down because they aren't that way.

The one thing I don't like visually is back hair. But I could make due with it. Somehow. I think.
    Then again, it was the one thing keeping me from totally falling for young Connery in his Bond years. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#10 Black Raven, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  11. BelleFromHell

While I'd prefer to be with someone who shaved her legs, it's not a dealbreaker. However, armpit hair is something I won't compromise on. That shit's nasty.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Even if you kept her at...

Arm's length?

*Iz terrible with da jokez, knowz*

13. Samantha2014

Body hair, just when you think you got it sorted its back again! Now its summer I am beginning to think the more you get rid of it the quicker it grows. I am sick of being somewhere in my shorts thinking I'm on top of it and then look down to see some random hair on my legs that I swear wasn't there a few hours previously. Its not that I care specifically about the individual hair its just the shattering of my belief that I had it sorted.
    Strange the hassle I put myself through but I don't mind if my partner is hairy, double standards!:bang:

14. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

my nordic ancestors used this hair for warmth, it was pride and survival

now in texas i shed it like a dog, but on others? it is okay.

15. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Well, I have no issues about anyone else's body hair, but my own makes me feel really masculine and disgusting, so I shave it all off.

16. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh gosh, that's hilarious. :roflmao: No offence to you, of course. Just that scenario.