1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would you join a dating site ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laurenc, Aug 8, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

yes,no or maybe?

2. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Prob' not

3. BelleFromHell

Normally, no, but I don t have much of a choice at this point.

4. timo

I did. Well, not an actual dating site but I installed a dating app on my phone. It's not very successful.

5. Hexagon

I have in the past, but I deactivated my account. I'm not opposed to the sites, but I'm not into dating at the moment. Just going to go with things.

6. vendettaxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have, I get bored with it, I dont have the patience to mess with the people on there. They generally think they are too good, they are rude, shallow, boring, annoying or well... I just never found it to be successful and I dont plan on spending money on one to find the same ineffective results. I'll just wait until I turn 21 then go to the local gay bar :wink:

7. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes or no? So you want an answer and I'm in a really pissed off mood so here you go! (not trying to be offensive lol)

There are some places in the world where homosexuality is not unlawed, BUT there are still next to no means of communication and connecting for us available, except for about 2 or 3 glitchy sites and forums, whose members revolve around nothing but sex, and even around the dirtiest, most lacking in emotion-kind. What good is there for me to keep trying to connect to people, if I become the "odd one even amongst the odd ones" thanks to me looking for a meaningful and deeply rooted relationship (this soulmate kind of thing).

I admit I tried once, and this person instantly started boasting about how he used to do it all the time with his former bf and all that kind of shit, and then it occured to me, that if I meet this guy in person he's just going to try and take me to the bed in the first minute. I explained what I'm looking for and hoping to find, and then he accused me of being an untrustful fucknugget who doesn't even want sex at all.

It goes without saying that I deleted him from my contacts, and sadly realised that none of the sites had anyone else from my local area, so I gave up. You know, some of you can't even begin to understand the situation here in Central Europe, especially with all the things going on now in Ukraine. People are getting desperate and taking desperate measures to live out their dreams and whatever before the bomb goes off. But that doesn't stop me from being after what my soul wants to find. And none of that awaits me on these dating sites.[/rant]

8. Candace

I have joined a dating site and it's been a hit or miss for me. It's usually just a bunch of shallow guys who only want you for a one night stand or something of that latter (speaking from personal experience).

9. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ..I have tried online dating many times, I have never EVER met anyone truly worth dating or even worth chatting with. Online dating sites honestly depress me a ton, like I get loads of messages but only by creeps & disgusting perverts that make me want to go hide in a tree for 100 years!! Most people are gross in one way or another, I know there must be at least one online world dating person that I would like but they would be really tough to find I bet.

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Aw, how did you guys meet?"
    "... a dating site..."

Nothing against them, but my weird mind has turned them into a negative thing. I don't know why. I'd like to meet someone I'd be in love with by different means.

11. BornAnew

Yeah sites & apps.

Mostly yeah it's guys looking for a quick hookup which doesn't really interest me.

Been on a few dates off the app though...they have been okay...at least it shows potential!!

12. SomeLeviathan

um maybe later in life? not right now though

13. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I unfortunatly did, and it was a mistake. Not many people are open to dating transguys; I messaged around 20-30 people and only a few resonded, then just eventually ignored me. I deleted it. Let's face it, I'm not equipt for what most people are looking for if you know what I mean, especially the girls.:icon_sad:

14. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just actually joined a dating site right now. I just don't know though if it will work out but who knows there's no harm in trying. I hope it won't turn out as a mistake.

15. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I'm not in a hurry to be in a relationship. And I'd rather meet someone through social activities and common interests than clicking on random faces online.

16. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Yes, but one that isn't a hookup focused site. A couple of my gay friends have found long term partners on one.

17. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i am a loser, who wants to date a loser? well, no one as i found out. now i leave the dating sites to successful people that go outside and have good jobs and animals and nice voices and hobbies and personalities.

18. tulipinacup

Well it's not really a dating site but I have before. I've only gotten messages from old people.

19. BloodyRose3000

NO! I've never tried, but I've met my fair share of obsessive crazy people on the internet, and would imagine that people like that flock to dating sites.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Not seriously, no.

I'll admit, in my younger days, I'd make two accounts with the same information, with some appropriated tweaks, on a few sites. Only, one would be with a very plain-looking fellow, and the other would be a very cookie cutter cutie. With the former, I'd have the profile all informative and literate, while the the latter, it'd have typos and cursing all down the page.

I don't recommend this. I was young, kind of dumb, and bored.

Still, I learned three things from these experiments:

One, an unhealthy number of the people only look at the profile picture, before messaging.

Two, nearly the same number as the first bit, didn't have a problem with someone who had "i dnt lyk 2 read" or "shool iz dmb", if they were attractive. However, in the very plain-looking fellow's case, it was stupid or even sad if they had "I don't like to read" or "school is dumb". From the SAME pool of people!

Thirdly, I learned, most people only want hook-ups. Either buy them a meal, or hit the sheets for a bit, possibly both. But interestingly, the more illiterate and insulting I was with cookie cutter cutie, the more determined most (not all; some, actually, knew better and stopped) became. Compare to the very plain-looking fellow, who got little to no responses, unless he was talking about money.

I don't know if I could make a serious online dating profile. It seems rather discouraging, really.