1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've had it with Texas...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gaynerd64, Aug 8, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I hate Texas so much. Right now it isn't so much the homophobic :***: and awful country music that I am annoyed with but the fact that it is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit right now.

2. Data

Data Guest

Bruh...

Hola from the pueblo. I'm roasting my nuts in the shop at work. 100 in the shade, 110 in the sun. I'm rollin windows down, 45-2 air conditioning. Blast furnace. When I get out of the shower, I take an aerosol can of Old Spice and spray my whole body down.

I know the feels...

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

It's hot everywhere else as well. I take it you don't live near a city. I plan on moving to Dallas because it is so much more accepting compared to Oklahoma and Dallas has a functioning economy.

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

All of those hot engines probably don't help either. :eek:

4. YourSoThirsty

The country music isn't so bad. The homophobes down there I can deal with. Plus I love the values and the gun laws down there as well. It is really hot down ther must say lol

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh please, this summer is MUCH cooler compared to 2011.

BUT I get what you mean.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i go out for six minutes, come back with damp to wet pants and shirt and bra and underwear nd a red face and a little nausea

fuck the sun, take a step back man

7. Data

Data Guest

Not a bit! Our battery tester has an infrared thermometer built in. Batteries regularly test at 130* F after rolling in the shop. Then EVERYTHING you touch will sear flesh off your body. Those Honda oil filters, yeah the ones right next to the cat...the cat will burn you silly if you just bump it by accident.
    You can tell it's summer when cars start rolling up with dead batteries or puking coolant.

8. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Yikes! It gets pretty hot in my office with all of the computer equipment we have running. Sometimes I go stand in our data center room to cool off. The air coming from the A/C units is about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

No way I could work in a garage all day...

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Meanwhile, I'm basking in lovely 60F coastal, breezy weather. :wink:

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Complaining about the heat is a state pastime of Florida, but it never gets *that* hot. It was toasty today as usual but what you describe sounds hellish.

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

ah yes, 105 with 99% humidity. what a day to be alive *goes outside at 2pm and dies*

12. vendettaxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yea last few days the heat has been getting up there. But weather has been crazy as in like a couple weeks ago was storming really bad and was actually cool enough to need a jacket

13. Data

Data Guest

It is. If anybody tells you to go to hell, go buy the next airline ticket to Tucson or Phoenix.

I'm sure the inner portions of Texas are just as bad as AZ and NM are. We're landlocked, so no coastal moisture or cool air.

You learn to live with it though. To tell the honest truth, I'll put up with the heat SIMPLY BECAUSE cars don't rust here. The only thing I hate more than the heat is rust and broken bolts.

14. Candace

And not to mention the fact that you guys are the 2nd most prone for hurricanes, 1st in tornadoes, and nasty thunderstorms too. Trust me, it was 96 F here yesterday with 80 percent humidity and I was dying. I can't imagine how bad it is there in Texas D:.

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

tropical storms are great!!! but yeah hurricanes can gtfo

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't live anywhere south of Northern Virginia. Too much bigotry and conservatism for my liking.

17. Data

Data Guest

San Diego?:confused: I'm a Bostonian transplant. Never moving back.

Hurricanes and tornadoes are the good thing about being landlocked. We have gotten hit be petered out hurricanes. By the time they hit, it's just a windy thunderstorm. :grin:

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Southern California is my only exception to that rule. If someone would make a generous donation to my retirement fund to retire there, it would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

19. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's perfect. I can't stand the heat. Anything above 82 or so is too warm for me...I can't wait till Michigan has gay marriage, and me and my mate can move back up to the northern part, and enjoy snow again. And if not, maybe to New Hampshire.

I was in Vegas once, and it was 110 and windy. Felt like a blow-drier on, full blast. And a lot of folks looked all wrinkled up, like lizards. People kept saying, 'But it's a dry heat". Well, so's an oven, but I'm not sticking my head in one! I did like hiking in neighboring Utah, along the Escalante river, and at Zion and Bryce, and up on the Aquarius Plateau. But all in all, too hot and dry for this pup.

20. AlamoCity

It's really not that bad. If was 100 degrees today and I spent some time shopping outside in the outlets. The key is to alternate drinking tall glasses of water with tall glasses of iced tea.