1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fragrance: Perfume/Aftershave (Cologne)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Aug 9, 2014.

?

Do you use fragrance (Perfume/Cologne)?

1. Never use

34.5%
  2. Use on special occasions/dates

21.8%
  3. Use everyday

43.6%
  1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few years ago I worked with a woman who was blind, but she always knew when I was nearby due to the smell of aftershave/cologne. Apparently, I was the only man she knew who used the same aftershave/cologne daily.

Is it unusual to use fragrance (perfume/aftershave) all of the time?

Take part in the poll - do you wear fragrance every day and do you have a favourite brand?

Mine is CK Eternity for Men

#1 PatrickUK, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of like the faint, musky smell of skunks, off in the distance. Maybe I should buy some skunk oil, and use just a tiny dab?

I think mine would be CK Skunk for men, in the black and white bottle. =p

But mainly, I'm allergic to perfumes/colognes/most deodorants, so I've never really been able to wear them.

3. Candace

I only wear cologne if I am going to a really really swanky place that requires you to look your best. Otherwise, I just shave, use aftershave, and deodorant. That solves everything for me :grin:. Screw overpriced good for nothing cologne! :lol:

4. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't wear cologne every day, and when I do it's not a lot.

Fierce from Abercrombie & Fitch is definitely the best, even though it's a little on the expensive side.

5. AlamoCity

My dad LOVES Fierce by Abercrombie.

If I'm going out and dress up, I'll wear cologne. Also, if I'm around people like at college I will wear some, too.

My current cologne is Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Red, which has notes of rum, cardamom, citrus, tobacco, and nutmeg.

I also like woodsy, musky scents.

As for the poll, I actually use cologne less often than everyday but more often than for just "special occasions."

6. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to wear aftershave daily. I have a few that I rotate. I tend to use the cheaper ones for every day use my preference at the moment is Hugo Boss bottled and save my Tom Ford Collection for special occasions as it's to expensive for every day use!

7. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Brut aftershave. I liked it from when my dad used it as a kid.

8. Hexagon

I don't use anything. Just deodorant.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I like to use one called Love Grenade, I'd have to check the package to see who makes it. It smells like vanilla and spice.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear cologne most of the time. When you told the story about your coworker it reminded me of one with a coworker of mine. I used to work with a very attractive young woman. Well anyway I was showing her how to do something on the computer in my office. She was leaning in over my shoulder to be able to see the screen clearly, leaning in far enough that we were almost cheek to cheek. Finally there was a break in the exposition and out of nowhere she said (her face right next to mine) "you always smell so nice." Then she jerked back like she had been slapped. I could tell she didn't realize she was saying that out loud until she heard herself say it. There was a moment of weird silence and then she asked me to please not tell my husband.:lol:

Anyway, as to a particular fragrance--my partner used to be over fragrances for a major department store and so the different company reps would come through and give him full sized bottles of just about every cologne and perfume on the market. The top of the larger dresser in our bedroom is just cologne bottles--I think there's probably 50 that we actively use between the two of us. I wear different cologne depending on the event and how I feel that day. Also there are some that smell good on me and some that smell good on him--it really is amazing how your own body chemistry interacts with fragrances.

11. SomeLeviathan

deodrant, coconut shampoo, and coconut soap does it fine for me.
    Perfume and aftershave also give me nasty headaches.

12. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Cologne, but just when I'm going to school or out with friends, etc. Can't be bothered on weekends.

However, I can never apply it properly. It's either others smell way too much or nothing at all. :eusa_doh: I get jealous and reeled in by people who have worked out the perfect application technique.

13. timo

I never use colognes, only a nice deodorant.

14. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I always wear both perfume and deodorant when I go out because honestly, I just like smelling good.

I only use Dove deodorants and I've taken a liking to and usually use the perfume Le Reve Celebrity - Two.

15. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont think there's anything wrong with it.
    But I usually use deos for daily use and perfumes for more special occasions.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't wear anything these days. But, then, I don't have the "special occasions" that warrant in mind something like cologne.

17. wanderinggirl

I use Old Spice deodorant and shower soap. I sometimes use CK One, or a lavender scent when I'm girling it up; but usually I don't wear cologne/fragrance. I don't think it's weird though as long as it's not overwhelming.

I love when someone has a distinct smell though. My ex wore this Burberry stuff every day and her smell drove me crazy. I once hooked up with a boi-ish girl who smelled of cologne and cigarettes, and even as a nonsmoker I loved it.

18. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I don't even need to use deodorant (yet).
    :grin: I'm very lucky.

19. BelleFromHell

I use perfume almost everyday, especially when I'm going out (even if it's to the grocery store).

I use Victoria's Secret: Bombshell Body Mist.
    [​IMG]

I used to use Harajuku Lovers: "Love" (Snow Bunnies Collection), but I just recently moved, and the perfume is still at my previous house.
    [​IMG]

I also have a bunch of old French perfume from when I was little (can't remember what brand), but I never use it, and it's also at my previous house.

#19 BelleFromHell, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  20. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

idk if they're concentrated body sprays or perfumes but i have a bunch of fruit-based scents from The Body Shop I try to rotate through daily.

I have a scent from Tokyomilk I got years ago that I adore, limited for special occasions or when I need a confidence boost..... wish I could describe how it smells, it makes me happy :>