1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom wanting me to have a straight experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confuseduser99

My mom accepts me as being gay, but she keeps saying "why don't you just try it with a girl first?" She keeps saying how she wants me to know what it's like first and that it'll make her that much happier.

I told her that most likely won't happen and that her suggestion is silly. It's almost like she's asking me to use a woman and her body for one night.

Has anyone else had their parents suggest something of a similar matter?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad still thinks I'll marry a woman and have 8 kids.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh dear. That is just outrageous.

Meanwhile, my parent's haven't suggested that to me or will they ever do that...ever! Even though, it was a bumpy road at first (I still have the emails to prove it,) they would never ever suggest that. They know I respect women too much and they know that is what they'll, essentially, be asking me to do.

4. Candace

[​IMG]

I swear that my mom has tried to do this too. It really pisses me off. Why not just introduce your boyfriend to them so you can shut them up? So much for that having kids and marrying a girl fantasy of yours, mom and dad...

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like a way for her to "be accepting" while holding out hope you'll say "Wow, being straight rocks! What was I thinking?" and then she won't have to deal with it.

It could be worse, but that's very unfortunate. :/

**Maybe I am too hard on her. Could it be that she doesn't want you to have a more difficult life than necessary? But the difficulty of being gay doesn't mean it isn't worth the extra adversity.

6. confuseduser99

Haha. If only I had a boyfriend, I'd totally do it!

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Often one of the quickest ways to shut up a well-meaning but ignorant parent is to say "Well, what was it like for you when you tried out having sex with another woman?"

She'll almost indignantly reply "Oh, I've never done that!" To which you reply "And that's exactly the point... the idea doesn't remotely appeal to you. The idea of sex with a girl doesn't remotely appeal to me either. Can you give me the same courtesy you gave yourself?"

8. confuseduser99

I did that. I also said "well when you have sex with a women, so will I".

9. TheStormInside

Oiy. And what about the girl involved here? How would your mom feel if she (or say, your sister, I think you have a sister?) were a gay man's "experiment"?

10. AlezinwondRland

Tell her to you will if as part of the deal she experiments with a woman. Or ask has she already to be sure she is straight.

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I took down my post because I wanted to avoid comments :slight_smile:

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If she's asking you to do this, then clearly she hasn't fully accepted you,.
    No ,my parents have not asked me to do this but I'm sure they will when they find out I'm lesbian.

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If that's the case, I think you're well within reason, next time it's brought up, to say "This issue has already been covered. It's not going to happen. If you respect and accept me, you'll get that, and I'm going to respectfully ask you to not bring it up again." If she persists, remind her that she didn't need to have sex with a woman to know, you don't either, and you really need her to let it go.

Sometimes a conversation like that will have the effect of kicking the person out of the "bargaining' phase and into the grief and acceptance process.

14. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would remind your Mom that your haven't lost your faith and that "trying it with a girl" would be totally unethical, immoral and in contrary to your values (values I assume she and your Father taught you).

Essentially, you would be using a girl in a pointless experiment. What about basic decency and respect for women? As a gay man, I may not be attracted to women, but I still believe in showing them respect and caring for their feelings and I'm sure you do too. What your Mom is suggesting would be terrible. How would she like to be the object of an experiment?

15. PurpleGrey

My mom is the same way. Sure, she's technically accepted that having a husband is not my cup of tea, but she makes it crystal clear she wants to see me married to a male.

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no reason to beat a dead horse. If you show absolutely no attraction to girls, your mother should understand that. If she doesn't, just reiterate yourself.

17. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should ask her the same thing. Why didn't she try it with a girl first, back in the day? Then I would tell her it isn't too late for her yet. Kisses xo

18. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is absolutely ridiculous. What parent suggests their 20 something child have sex with anyone? You don't have to have sex with someone to know whether or not you are attracted to them. Just like she is sure of your sexuality, you are sure of yours. I'd tell her you are appalled she suggest you have sex and use some girl and you have more morals than to use anyone and that you question her morals.

19. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Even though I think that what she is asking is wrong, I can understand where she is coming from. Maybe she is putting on a front of acceptance but is still unsettled. Most probably she really doesn't want you to have a hard life, and have as close to a "normal" life as possible. She must be really concerned if she said that, because most parents would do anything for their kids, and the morality of it is probably secondary to her and wouldn't even matter if you "turned" straight.
    Honestly, I disagree with most posts above me, and I don't think there's any need to be rude to her. It won't yield any result and will only result in you alienating her. Instead try to talk to her and make her explain the situation again. :slight_smile:

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You could just make it up. Rent a motel room for a night, come back and tell her you picked up a girl at a bar and hated it. It's lying, but at least you won't hear her ask it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.