1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip piercing question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artist92, Aug 9, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have never had a piercing of any type. But this week I'm getting a lip piercing. I want a ring, and I want it on my left side. How exactly do I tell them that, because I don't want a stud or barbell.

2. timo

They'll ask you before where you want it, so you can just tell em "Left. Like, somewhere here. *points to lip* And just wondering, is it possible you guys put a ring in after piercing it?" It's not a crazy thing to ask :icon_wink And if, for some reason, it's not possible, a good piercer would explain why or why not.

Nice, by the way. I like lip piercings :grin:

3. vendettaxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just tell where and im not sure on the ring bit. Because (not sure on lip since did mine myself) but usually you get a standard one to compensate for it until it heals, such as longer etc. Not sure if they start you out on the studs or whatever. Even so you could still just get a ring to swap it out.

4. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps ask them to carefully explain what they are planning to do, so you know you and the one piercing you are on the same page, and they're not just nodding to your comments.

5. Hexagon

Just ask. Like you told us what you want. They do pen marks first anyway, and let you check it in the mirror. If they won't put a ring in for you, which is possible, you can always change it yourself. And worth noting that in my experience of four lip piercings, they hurt much less than you might expect. Just to reassure you.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They'll ask you where you want it beforehand. As far as jewelry goes, I think orally you can pick the stud, captive or curved barbell. But I'm not fully certain, but I'm sure you could change it out if you wanted to.