1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How have you dealt with homophobes/transphobes in the past?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rhapsodic, Aug 9, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious to know, have you ever been in a situation where you encountered a homophobe/transphobe? Explain the situation. Were they close to you (family or friend)? Were they religious?What did they say/do? How did you feel? How did you respond?

I just want to know because I never know how to respond to people when they say or do something homophobic.

2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm given to understand that evolution has provided us with a finger to hold up in those kind of situations.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah, if only teachers understood our need to use such a silent and meaningful response.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I usually keep quiet, it's not worth getting into a fight because I know I will never change their mind and I don't want to risk getting outed.

5. Candace

I just delete them out of my contacts or life in general. I just don't have any tolerance whatsoever of putting up with them. In case of being forced into contact with a homophobe, I will say as little as possible (being laconic if you will), and do as little as possible with them.

6. JayM3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mainly ignore them, but it's quite hard to ignore some of my neighbors who stare at me when I walk outside. I usually give them the finger, or tell them to shut the fuck up and walk back inside.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

At some point shortly after I graduated my high school was sort of in the news because they forbid a girl to make a Gay-straight alliance club, so she asked how they were allowed to have all these christian clubs, so the school forbid all the christian clubs and it was a huge mess. Lots of former friends outed themselves as homophobes during this time and that's why they're former friends now, the end