1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i just wait?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lesbihonest1209, Aug 10, 2014.

1. lesbihonest1209

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My situation is that, i came out a few weeks ago.. probably not in the best way what so ever.. (made a status on facebook) i thought if i didnt do it then i wouldnt ever have the courage to say it to anyone.. (other than my closest friends, whom already knew before hand) but when i did my dad called me and he was all supportive and stuff saying that he was there for me, and that he loved me.. but then i get a text from my mum telling me to 'tell my idiot father to stop hassling her and tell him im joking' (he called all of my brothers freaking out) i told her i wasn't joking, she said 'okay' and then i still get the feeling that she thinks im joking.. i don't want to have a sit down talk with her cause im really awkward when we have sit down talks with her and i can't be serious about it when i do it.. so i was thinking maybe just wait till i have a girlfriend, and then she will realize that im not joking.

2. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you feel like talking to your mother would help, or do you think even then she will think you're joking? Would it help if your father joined you on this conversation?

Perhaps deep down inside your mother knows or feels you're not straight, but just needs a little bit of time adjusting. After all, it changes her ideas about you and the future she thought you would have. This doesn't mean she won't be supportive, won't believe you or won't accept you, it just means it's gonna take some time for you two to find a new balance. Denial is the first stage of grief, acceptance is the last one.