1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmx

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jahow95, Aug 10, 2014.

1. jahow95

I'd like to get a bmx bike, just wondering if anyone has any experience on what to go for? Not got any intent of doing anything particularly serious, just want something to mess about on I guess. Lowest cost as possible, probably go second hand

2. Tudor

My son is into BMXing and tends to pick parts up pretty cheap on internet site sales...he started off with a bike he bought for £20 and carried home in a carrier bag...convinced me it was a good buy but ended up costing quite a bit to get it ride-worthy...good hobby to have tho'...hope you have luck picking something decent up cheap

3. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to be into BMX in the 90s. Had a GT and a DYNO. Not really sure what's good anymore. I assume GT Bicycles are still good, along with any of the brands under them or Pacific. If not, maybe you could find something in good shape from the 90s. I know some of the quality companies from the 90s sold out to Chinese companies and are junk now.

4. jahow95

Cheers. What size should I be looking for? I'm 6' tall, all the bikes I've seen in the past have been quite small but I've been reading stuff saying I need to go for bigger. What do you think? Does it really matter?

5. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

you'll be hella now

7. jahow95

eh?