1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's knocking at your door?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Sep 6, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've had a variety of guests come to my door in the past week. I told you about the Mormons who stared at my boobs while telling me about Jesus. lol

Well last night, this little girl about 9 or 10 comes to the door. She had an older friend with her who was yacking away on her cell phone. This little girl tells me that school has started and she still doesn't have all the school supplies she needs. She told me her parents didn't have any money. She asked if I had a donation for her. She said she still needed a binder and some erasable pens. Well I wasn't sure if I should believe her or not. I mean, isn't there programs to help poor children with school supplies? I made the decision not to give her cash but I told her I would look to see what school supplies I had laying around. I did find some folders, a binder, and three brand new packages of paper for her. She seemed grateful so maybe she wasn't a 10 year old scammer. :slight_smile:

Today, my husband (you know he's Republican) tells me two woman are walking around the neighborhood. I said "Are they Jehovah's?" They always wear dresses. He said "No, they look like Obama supporters." What do Obama supporters look like anyway? lol He said they had a clipboard and I guess he saw their Obama buttons so he told me to get the door. It turns out to be two friends from my Human Dignity Advocates group. These two ladies are about the sweetest people you'd ever meet. I just love them. One of them is well into her 80's and here she was out campaining for Obama! She has had a sign in her yard since the war with Iraq started with a count of how many soldiers have died. She's all for gay rights. So it was nice to see them!

Anybody interesting knocked on your door lately?

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

Just people campaigning Prop 8
    http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14766

I've had a foreign exchange student from... Czech selling me a school tutoring system. She was really nice, and even though I am graduated from high school (it was aimed at high school kids) I still talked to her. She was nice and had a firm handshake.

I've had people selling windows, gardening, painting, and all that other fun stuff.

3. Wired106

im in cali, and i dont think i've ever had people come knocking on my door because in my neighborhood its illegal to solicit (meaning you are not allowd to knock on other people's doors to advertise).

BUT, a few weeks ago actually, when I was at the grocery store getting a deli sandwich, I was going back to my car and got inside, and a car put up his hand telling me to wait. So I rolled down my window seeing what's up and he ran over to my car asking if I could help him out with something for school reall quick, and I was like.. uuhhh ok? So he started pulling COLON and PERFUME out of his backpack.. ( i know wthhhh??) and he told me to tell him which one i liked more and he had tester things out. After all it was done he asked me if I could id be interested in purchasing 1 for 25 or 2 for $40 and i was like um sorry no thanks i dont even wear colon. and he was SOO PERSISTANT. he asked like a million times and i couldnt like drive away it was insane. like he kept saying please man please, I really need the money to buy books for school. and I kept saying no thanks sorry, and finally i got him to leave by saying i had to be somewhere.

4. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Yes. A neighbor (he is my age) asking for Math help (at 9:00 pm) and a random guy saying he was from the Red Cross asking for a donation, however he had no ID. SCAM!

Oh, and around a week ago, Happiness knocked at my door too. I was in a very bad mood, and I am not anymore! :grin:

5. gutsrie

someone's been knocking at my door several times for the last few weeks way past midnight. maybe i'm paranoid but it's kinda scary, especially considering how i don't have any close friends that would have a reason to visit so late.

6. Tim

Tim

Other than the prop 8 peeps, I had 2 people knock on the door that had the wrong house... within a hour of each other :S

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is scary! That guy could have sprayed that perfume or cologne in your eyes and stolen your car and money! I would highly recommend not rolling down your car window for strangers in parking lots.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Happiness is a good thing. :grin: I need happiness to come to my door!

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Or, use shades!

10. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

No one ever knocks at my door its stinks!!! i mean come on no one wants to sell me on their issues!

11. XXX Lou XXX

We hardly ever have people knocking at our door but last week I actually had to knock at doors asking for charity donations. It was SOOO embarrasing! :icon_redf :grin:

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The last person I got was a European exchange student who wanted to poll my parents, and said she would wait until she saw one more car in the driveway to come back. That was several weeks ago, though - we don't get many door-to-door people here.

13. Derek the Wolf

Just a boy scout asking if I wanna buy popcorn and one of my dad's grad students. Noone really interesting (no offense to them).

14. Amy

Amy

50% of the time its just doorbell ditch curtosey of the moron teenagers on my block. same ones who broke into my fathers car to steal --wait for it-- sunglasses.

the rest of the time its cookiedough, political peple, packages, and tutors. although i do love it when mormons or jw's come.

my old art teacher ended up putting a cricifix on her door to keep away the "crazy wrong-religion" people :slight_smile:

15. Quitex

Quitex Guest

My dad did that! He put an image of Mary on the door. I was like... "dad, DOUBLE U TEE EFF??" He was like, so the non believers stay away and don't bother you. I was like DAD I LIKE TO TALK TO THEM, GOSH!

16. xxAngelOnFirexx

we had this old man come to our door at 900pm at night . of course we don't snwer to people like that at night or the day. then he went to the sidewalk and picked up a 12ft ladder! he then walked to the side of our house and left it. walked around the house again surveying it. then we didn't see him anymore. then we saw police outside of our neighbors house. i went with my mom to go ask them about the guy but the cars were empty! so we ran back into the house not wanting to get caught in the crossfire if there were to be any. then they left and we called the police asking them what was going on. so like they came and searhced the premises for him but he was gone. appearnly the cops were looking for another man with a completely differnet discription who had been lurking around.
    well we gave the ladder to our yard work guy and had him do our gutter since this jerk who worked for him never gave him his ladder back (at first we thought it might be his ladder but we called and found out it wasn't.)
    skip to a few weeks later (btw our nieghbor knew about this since she called us when the cops came) our neighbor tells us this guy came around asking for his ladder back! she didn't relize it was him and just said she didn't have it.
    haven't heard from him since but my uncle was over watching tv and saw a local ad warning of a man going around with a ladder scaming people out of money to do yard work! crazy!

17. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I had two kids from down the hall knock on my dorm door asking who I was listening to.... that was a couple minutes ago.
    They told me I was being some sort of bigot because I was blasting Mos Def (hip hop dude) while I was unpacking from my weekend... jerks.

18. hmm I've had spanish jehovah witnesses, who came to my door and assumed I was spanish. It was just as well that I can speak spanish otherwise that cuold have been odd...

normally my mum can spot the jehovahs a mile away and tells me not to open the door. Once they were coming around telling people about the evils of drugs and I was on the computer in the fromt room - so they could see me - my mum made me turn off the monitor and music and go upstairs so she didnt have to deal with it xD

we havent had any lately though.

19. Louise

Not many people come knocking at my door, I live in a tiny small village in the country with only 500 people. This week there my daughter's friend come to see if she was there, my daughter's boyfriend's dad come to pick him up and well, thats about it really. I didn't move to the country to get my door knocked on every five minutes *grump, grumble, mumble*

20. darkestknight

Hmm... me, neh, not much of knocking at the outside fence (i live in a terrace house!).

Sometimes those people who sell those pyramid scheme cheap knockoff electrical appliances are there to bother me. I brush them off, said, "Sorry kids, not interested!" :grin: