1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing a sitcom... yay!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gaynerd64, Aug 10, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

After being up all night and drinking too much coffee I have started writing a sitcom. And who better to get ideas from then the creative people on EC? So just go about your normal business while I attempt to make something funny.

2. Candace

Well I have written a sitcom that I did share with my friends once....it was called "the Students". Due to the risk of someone taking my idea, let's just say that I based it off of real life experiences and was able to work on the dynamic chemistry that worked between each of the main characters.

The five main characters:

Me (Chris)- the smart, intellect, polyglot (speaks English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish), and has a mom who's lost in the Amazon somewhere and hasn't been seen in over 10 years. My dad who is vet from the Persian Gulf War is borderline psycho and distant from his son and daughter (my sister, Danielle). I am secretly gay in the series and have to live a double life while managing everything.

Vicente- best friend from Venezuela. The goofball, obnoxious, clumsy, and usually causes problems for the group. He constantly is forced to watch his bratty younger brother Victor, who is manipulative and forces Vicente into insanity. Aside from Vicente's frivolous and uncaring nature, he can be pretty useful, sincere, kind, loyal, and helpful. He plays baseball for our local college and pursues a degree in Latin American Studies. He is the tallest of the group, being 6'3. Despite that, he is terrified of Mary's rage and what she can inflict upon him, kinda like a burly man being afraid of a baby bumblebee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Mary-- classy, full of sass, rage, and will be your worst nightmare if you look at her the wrong way. Vicente's foil character, since she is usually annoyed by his antics and will ruin him if he ruins her "if I go down, you're going down with me". She is perhaps the smartest in the group, and is fluent in Italian. She pursues a major in literature and will use her wits, smarty-pantsness to annoy Vicente, outwit her foes, and to get what she wants. Aside from this, she can kindhearted, gregarious, and a typical girly-girl who likes shopping, talking about boys, and fashion. She is originally from Delray Beach, Florida and survived Hurricane Wilma, which she claimed by "sleeping in a bathtub for the entire time". :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She is the shortest of the group, being 5'5.

Nikos- the stereotypical jock and Chris' other best friend. From Greece. He's the loudmouth of the group and pretty much like Vicente's sidekick. He's typically calmer and less irritating than Vicente. He is overshadowed by his big brother, Panos, who excels at everything Nikos has failed at, therefore causing a huge rivalry and rift between the two. Nikos is the ladies' man and is constantly going on dates and trying to hook up with girls. Aside from this, he too can be kindhearted, attentive, loyal, and fun to be around. He pursues a major in economics. He is natively fluent in Greek and has a black belt in taekwondo. His parents went on a business trip to Greece during Nikos' graduation (Father had to do something for business). It's never known until later what happens, but Nikos and Panos' father died in plane crash, along with their mother living back in Greece after being reported missing for years, akin to my backstory. Nikos has a super huge crush on Olivia.

Olivia--the innocent, girl-next-door, never does anything wrong. Has a super huge crush on Nikos. This causes an interesting twist of events with both parties secretly liking each other, but not wanting the other to reject them. She's from Paducah, Kentucky, and has family from France (is fluent in French), and pursues a degree in marketing. She is Mary's best friend and is the most girly-girl of the group. She loves shopping, manicure, talking about boys, stereotypical stuff. She has an older dominating brother named Lionel who is uber protective and constantly checks in on Olivia, even at the most random of times. This causes an unforeseen risk for Nikos in due time. She is a redhead and unlike Mary, is very kindhearted and does not show any signs of angry and wrath, albeit on rare occasions.

Darien--the creative, hipster guy. Black, from Baltimore. He too can grate Mary's nerves, like Vicente and Nikos, but is more bound to have intellectual conversations with her. He pursues a degree in electrical engineering and wants to someday work at General Electric so he as quoted "can have real control of power :lol:". Unlike Vicente and Nikos, Darien is not really interested in dating and pursuing girls, but enjoys being single and doing what he likes to do. His hobbies include cooking Asian food, building computers, painting, and acting in the local theater productions. He is very kind, altruistic, and has won the respect of everyone in the community.