1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans: What's the weirdest situation regarding your gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JayM3, Aug 10, 2014.

1. JayM3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, just post the weirdest situation you've experienced personally about your gender.

Mine would probably be going into a store (in my male clothes, I wasn't thinking) and buying a bunch of clothes for myself, and the cashier asked me who the clothes were for, and without thinking, I said myself. The cashier laughed and laughed and called me a homo and a queer. I got the manager and talked with her and she paid for all my clothes, and fired the cashier. I still haven't gone back to that mall and it's been almost a year.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Nothing too, too serious...

I've worn certain colors, like pink, and people will say, " Why are you wearing a girl's color? ", to which I usually just laugh, before saying, " If girls like this color, they're more likely to pay attention to me, now, won't they? "

LOL.

In one of my more feminine displays, back when I had much longer hair, I had some dark purple and light pink streaks in it. Someone started laughing at me, telling me, that my hair looked like a bowl of fruit. Noticing this fellow wasn't exactly the ideal weight, I snapped back with, " I'm surprised you know what a bowl of fruit, looks like, Tubby. "

LOL.

I was in a book store, in another nearby city, and looking in the LGBT section. Sometimes, when I read a book, I hold it up so the cover is visible. A woman saw the book I was looking at, and asked, " Who's the crossdresser in the family? ", and laughed, as if she had made some profound joke. I dwell on the comment for a moment, then say, semi-sarcastically: " Me. " She begins to apologize, and saying how she didn't mean anything by it, but that she found it odd that I, looking as I typically do, could ever 'like girl clothes'. I responded with: " What if I told you, I was a girl? " She then says, I don't look like one, and so on and so forth. I conclude the conversation with: " Well, I may not look pretty enough to be a woman on the outside, but you aren't too keen on the inside. I'll take the inside over the outside. "

I'd say, the third incident, is about the most hostile it has ever gotten, in regards to my gender identity. But I tend to keep a level head, and wit in my holster, so it's all good!

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A gay guy commented very unfavorably on my hair when it was about shoulder length and that really got to me for a while. Said it was "girly" and he was to be honest a pretty judgmental b!@#$ by his own admission. Now I don't care. I felt a shock of confusion after I cut it down and saw myself in a window reflection. It looked wrong and felt wrong. Having long hair can sometimes be irritating but I just like it better. Now I probably won't cut it unless I have to other than a trim, ever again. (Unless I get baldness or something but no sign of that whew!)

4. juliegt6

I would go back to that store! The manager clearly established this wasn't acceptable behavior, fired the clerk and did what she could to try and make things right. They just hired an idiot but rectified that situation when they were made aware.

The worst experience I had transition wise was one time 4 guys in a jeep stored and threatened me with violence and called me names. Luckily I got back in my car asap and gtfo of there and lost them. I was armed but luckily it never came to that.

I haven't had any issues the last three years, haven't even had misgendering in years. I hope the shitty stuff is done for me.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haven't really had too weird of experiences, just the normal "being called the wrong gender all the time" and stuff. Well, this one time I wore a guy's tank top and two sports bras underneath to bind. I was wondering if my mom would question my tank top choice but instead, she saw the two bras layered through the arm hole and asked me why. I just kind of awkwardly stood there and finally said, "Err... I don't know."

6. stormborn

once i was getting a hair cut, and after 20 minutes of chatting, the hairdresser asked "are you a boy, or...?" and i started laughing. she gave me a discount, so that was awesome.

7. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, for me, I pass but I look so young that people don't take me too seriously. I said that I was going to college and I was living alone in my appartment and people start questioning my age like crazy. There's this girl who said she couldn't help but imagine I was a 14 year old living by himself two hours away from his parents xD

8. Acm

Acm Guest

Nothing really bad has happened to me so far but a lot of people stare at me like they can't tell what gender I am....
    Once someone asked me if I was a boy or a girl, the only problem was she was actually a relative of mine that didn't remember me!
    Most people either see me as a really young boy or a butch lesbian. One girl in school asked if I was "part of the lgbgbgbgbgbgbgbt." Yes, she actually said the letters a bunch like that :confused:

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To add to my post, I once had this sub for our teacher who was going to be gone a half a year for pregnancy issues, and the first day the new sub did role call, I was not paying attention and she said something like, "Sir, could you please face forward?" and I corrected her (even though I kick myself today for doing it, I should have just gone along with it!). I think it was more awkward for her than me. She apologized sincerely to me, but I was enjoying it.

10. idream

idream Guest

I get mistaken for a boy alot, which only bothers me when I feel like a girl. I'm androgynous and wear no makeup, so I can't blame anybody for the mistake. As for the weirdest situation? Well, I'd gone shopping for men's clothes for the first time (which did not go well) and I knew the woman who counted my clothes at the entrance to the dressing room was quite confused. I was wearing agender clothes, so it wasn't obvious that way, but I suppose the shape of my body made my sex obvious. I sort of leaned toward the men's dressing room by accident but the woman quickly said "you go in that one" and pointed to the women's. It was almost like she was afraid. Not a fun day.

11. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to get people saying "Whoa I thought you were a girl until you turned around! Do you have a sister?" (longer hair) God I got a thrill out of that. :icon_redf

12. WallWeed

I don't identify as trans now (I'm physically female), but during my "super tomboy" middle school days (when I wasn't consciously "trying" to pass as male but did anyway), there were a load of awkward moments, ahaha.

I went to a youth camp in 7th grade, and they had a strict "No guys in the girls cabins, no girls in the guys cabin" rule, and I got kicked out of the girls cabin within my first 10 minutes there, just trying to put my stuff away. "NO GUYS IN THE GIRLS CABIN. OUT OUT OUT." I thought I was going to die. I showed her my name tag (I have a quite girly name), and she thought I was trying to be a smart ass or something. I was too embarrassed to argue, so I just walked out and my friends went back in and tried to convince her that I didn't steal someone's name tag... Needless to say, we didn't make much eye contact that week.

Later that week (at the same camp), they had a day where they separated the guys from the girls for a game, and when I got up to join the girls, one of the leaders GRABBED ME BY MY SHIRT and pulled me over to the guys. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood by a wall and didn't play. So. Frickin'. Awkward.

I went in for a haircut (8th grade), and the dresser said, "Oh man, the ladies would die to have hair like yours!" Uhh... that's nice?

My best friend once confessed to me that during middle school, she would find a reason to say my name really loudly every time her crush walked by, so he would realize I was a girl and wouldn't think she had a boyfriend.

I had a long conversation with an older gentleman that I had just met at my cousin's wedding (I think I was in 8th at the time). After talking for at least an hour about various philosophical subjects (I was THAT kid that read Plato in my free time...), he started asking me questions like, "Do you play football or any sports? Have you ever been in the boyscouts? Do you have a girlfriend? etc..." I didn't want to embarrass the man, so I politely said no, but then, as we were leaving, he asked, "What's your name, son?" I said, "Uh, Christina...", thinking that'd give it away. But he kind of chuckled and said, "Ha, what an odd name for a boy, how unfortunate. Nice meeting you!"

That's just a few of many. Oh my goodness, so awkward.

13. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Nothing too crazy but I work at my dad's ups store and often times people think I'm a prepubesent boy. So sometimes people come in making light talk about child labor or my temporary summer job before school starts. It doesn't make me mad that I pass, it's just that I get talked to like I'm a little kid. Oddly enough, one time this guy came in and called me a young lady, asking for help with the copy machines. I must have given him a very displeased look, as I was very upset, because after I rung him up and everything, he apologized for calling me a girl. But I think he actually meant it, which is weird because usually it's the other way around.

14. Hexagon

Talking about gender in psych class. The (female) teacher decided to use me as a comparison point to her, by describing the differences between our sex organs.

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The weirdest thing that has happened to me was being asked by someone if I masturbate.

Doubt it can get weirder than that.

16. Yosia

I always get mistaken for a girl from behind and in rare cases from the front but the weirdest was when i was standing with my friend (lesbian) and this douchebag slapped my ass and said to my friend 'your girlfriend is fiineee as fuck!' And i turned around and said 'thank you' quite sarcastically and he blushed so much and stormed offmuttering something which sounded like faggot XD

I have also had people argue over whether i looked more girly or boy and i was just standing there like 'im right here you know?' lol.

17. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love this

18. itsAli

The first thing I bought was boxers after discovering I was trans, and me and my boyfriend were walking down the road and I noticed his boxers, so me and him were arguing about if he was wearing my boxers or not, we gained a few odd looks and it was kind of amusing

19. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I was chatting with this straight cisfemale online randomly and she was adamant in the fact that I wasn't genderfluid. She kept demanding to know what was in my pants.

The whole time I kept my cool and just said, "Look. What's in my pants is my business and despite what is in my pants shouldn't determine my life or my choices."

She then went onto ask if I had a dick and that I was to send actual proof to her via picture.

Me: Hah! Fuck you & have a nice day, Bitch. *exits out of window*

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

For me it would probably be dressing in a mens shirt and tie, wearing a fedora, and still getting mistaken for a girl.