1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have school tommarow :'(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YourSoThirsty, Aug 10, 2014.

1. YourSoThirsty

I am just so down. I have to go back to a place of torture. I hate it there not to mention I'll be a freshmen this year so it'll prolly be worse. Last year was just bullies and asshole teachers who always protected them. Every time. I just hate it there. No friends no nothing just my fucking self. Thinking of tommarow depresses me so much. I'm so on edge I snap on everyone I just dred it soooo much you don't know...

2. flight

Hey! I know high school sorta sucks, but I'm pretty sure it gets better. And bullies may be King of the Hill now but trust me I think that you will amount to more than they ever will. Keep your head down and just remember that high school is a phase of your life and it's just bound to go up from here.

Aaron

3. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aw I'm sorry to hear that. I hope this year will be better. I always get bullied because i am the youngest in the grade by a few months. Ill be a sophomore. Last year was great despite the year before being so bad i just didn't want to go on. Try not to let the bad things affect you. Try and ignore all the bullies. If they don't think that they are bothering you then they will stop. Things get better so i always try to start the year with a clean slate and no worries or thoughts about the previous year. Good luck and remember that venting your thoughts always helps:wink:!

4. Candace

When you get to college, you go back later and get out earlier. You'll love that aspect, right? :slight_smile: They go back here on the 25th and get out the first Tuesday in May. :grin:

I'm sorry :/. I was a high schooler once...many years ago....*cough*...and I hated how early we went back. You spend more time indoors during summer than outdoors. It's ludicrous :dry:.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buddy, I was right in your shoes five years ago. But you know what happened a few days after that horrid first day? I met the guy who eventually became my boyfriend and we've been together romantically for more than 3 years now. You never know what life's going to throw at you, and when one doesn't go your way, another one will.

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear that love (*hug*)

I've been in that situation before. I know it seems terrible right now, but just wait it out and do the best you can, and it'll be okay. High school doesn't last forever. Do try to find a support system, anywhere (such as on here) that you can turn to, and remember the bullies hold no power over you at the end of the day. Good luck and we're all here for you! :kiss:

7. 13Iceflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    High School is just one part of life that seems massive now, but will become nothing more than a memory once it is all said and done.

Speaking as someone who literally just graduated a few months ago, I barely remember my freshmen or sophomore years. From personal experience, high school is usually more 'open' and accepting than middle school. You have more autonomy, granted it is extremely limited and depends on the school... Plus reaping the benefits of autonomy doesn't really happen until the junior/senior years, and even then it mostly felt imaginary...

Just focus on making sure your high school experience as great as it can be. Many life choices and events will come later down the road that will eventually make the bullies' influence on you a miniscule one. Don't let the bullies drag you down towards isolation. Stay strong, stand tall, and don't be afraid to vent or seek help from a counselor or teacher.

8. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep your head up and stay positive. That's the best mentality to go into HS with.

9. Hexagon

But high school is a new school, isn't it? New teachers, who aren't necessarily going to protect bullies and mistreat you. It's a new opportunity. And I know it doesn't seem like it now, but school isn't all bad.

10. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    School sucks, just find something you like and look forward to that to help you get though the day. :icon_bigg

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a big difference in your outlook from 14 to 15, and again as you grow. You haven't even been there yet. Don't assume it'll be bad.

And you're worried about being a freshman? Everyone else in your year is, too. Give it a chance. Don't go in expecting it to be dreadful refusing to engage with others. Go in with an open mind, open eyes, and try to do the best for yourself.

My advice is to study hard. It doesn't seem important, but if you're a year and a half away from university and you've realised you haven't taken school seriously, there's a lot you'll have to catch up on. Just try to stay aware of priorities, and take care of yourself.

You have us for advice when you need it.