1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny stories of interpreting something as "gay"/LGBT when it wasn't

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tardis221B, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

What are some funny stories where you misinterpreted something as having an LGBT connotation when it wasn't there?

For me I've had a few, but this one's the most recent: I've never seen "Snow White and the Huntsman" so naturally when I stumbled across pictures of Kristen Stewart in armor from that movie I assumed she was the Huntsman. Then I got super excited thinking that it was about a lesbian love story between Huntswoman and Snow White. I was a bit disappointed when I finally realized this wasn't the case. You would have thought the title might have clued me in . . . lol

Anyone else ever do something like this?

#1 Tardis221B, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my oldest friends was thought to be maybe gay by a big social group of friends. He's actually just comfortable being a warm and expressive person. :lol:

He's apparently totally straight and secure in that, he finds it funny. And he's had some very smoking fine girlfriends too.

3. Candace

I originally thought that my friend, then residential assistant, during sophomore year was gay. I just thought so because of his warm, bubbly personality. I go onto a gay dating website and GUESS WHO I GET PAIRED WITH? HIM! Turns out he was bisexual, even after him telling me that he didn't go that direction :lol:. I was like "I knew it!.....sorta" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. BiPenguin

Being asked if I'm gay because I like Elton John.

5. PurpleGrey

Too often! Now and again, I'll assume a character is lesbian because of stereotypical shit. Butch personality, feminist, nonconforming gender expression, the works. But no, the lady winds up swooning over prince charming, completely against the rest of her personality, that being the non-swooning type.

And let's not forget the shipping goggles firmly adhered to my eyes. House/Wilson, what?