1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did your dreams drop hints?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MindvsHeart, Aug 12, 2014.

1. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I never really know what I'm going to dream about and sometimes it has sexual content in it and other times, it's just plain Alice in Wonderland shit. :rolle: Anyway, I've read that our dreams are reflections of our subconscious desires and thoughts and I found it quite amazing how my own dreams have seemed to be hinting at my sexuality for a while now.

--I had this dream several months ago but I...simply can't seem to forget about it. It was my epiphany dream in a sense.
    The dream begins when I open my eyes as if waking up from a dream (lol I just thought of Edgar Allen Poe) and I blink up into the soft sunlight. I'm lying on my back wearing the clothes I went to bed in (blue sweater & pajamas) and I gaze around to my left at my unfamiliar surroundings - it seems I've taken a nap on the wooden floors of an enclosed balcony. I then turn my head to the right and stiffen in shock at seeing a man lying right next to me. He was tall and of slender build with a perfect balance of masculinity and femininity about him. He had dark, tousled hair, sleepy eyes, pale skin and all he wore was a simple white shirt and jeans. And then he smiled at me.

I've never seen anyone so Beautiful.

The dream kind of skips forward and suddenly things get kind of sexy. I'm unclothing him slowly, memorizing every sigh and every perfect imperfection (Kudos, John). As I helped him out of his pants and then his underwear -And by underwear, I mean a pair of white panties. I kind of paused and looked up at him in momentary shock. All I got was a serene smile in return which just made me smile back as I just drank in the sight of him completely naked. Next thing I know, I'm looming over him on all fours with my hands braced on either side of his head and then I feel his hands reach up for the zipper of my sweater. I'm suddenly gripped with an intense panic because he will see my chest! (Dysphoria kicking in:icon_sad:slight_smile: The mere idea has me quickly sitting up and grabbing his hands in my own, shaking my head vehemently. He has the most understanding look in his eyes as he looks up at me....
    AND THEN I WOKE UP. :bang::bang:

Soooo, what dreams (that you can recall) hinted at your current or still questioning sexuality?

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really remember my dreams but one I do remember was me in my class with everyone there but I was sitting next to one of the hot guys :icon_bigg and I woke up a little stiffer than usual :icon_wink

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I have a wide variety of dreams. I also have a wide variety of nightmares. If I were to share a lot of them, I am sure, most of you, would presume I was stark fucking insane, and write me off. LOL!

But when you narrow it down, to 'dropping hints'. I've had dreams where I was in a feminine body, before. Very rarely, are my dreams romantic or sexual, and those rarities, I am more of a spectator and less of a participant.

At best, my dreams, they tend to be, either action oriented, reflective, or so off the wall, I'm entertained. At worst, they tend to be, either survival oriented, humbling, or so off the wall, I'm alerted.

If I meditate before going to sleep, I experience a more profound dreaming. I'm not Freddy Krueger, LOL, but I have more of an influence than usual, and I don't feel like I'm trapped in the routine.

I can't totally change the dream, but... actually, I'll give you an example.

In one of my nightmares, I was in the middle of 4 individuals. These 4 individuals, all had knives, and were standing in a square around me. These 4 individuals would, one or two at a time, throw their knives at me.

I could either stand there, and get cut, or move... but moving made the other 2 individuals, throw their knives. This would repeat over and over, becoming faster and faster, until it was becoming practically impossible to avoid being hurt. Usually, when I have a nightmare, I struggle a bit, and I have no choice but to go through with what happens. But this time, I could, after a while, remove the knives embedded into my limbs, and throw them back at these 4 individuals.

Despite it being an overall terrible nightmare, I could not deny how cool it was, to actually be in control, even for a little bit, over what I dreamed.

4. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Haha, nice :thumbsup:

I've only had one dream where I was in possession of a certain part of the male anatomy and I was both active participant and observer in the dream and it was a pretty darn good dream. :3 My goodness :eek: Your dreams are alot more active than mine in that sense. I'm glad you at least have some control over them. (*hug*) Still can't get over the tossed knives...how terrifying. :x

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

While I won't be able to know 100%, I'm sure that nightmare was my subconscious telling me, to slow down, take it easy. Too much of anything, can be a bad thing. At least, that's the conclusion I came to about the 4 knife guys. It's one of the easier-to-remember dreams/nightmares, too, so I can usually always reference it.

How interesting, to think, that this still holds true. Even today.

:lol:

6. Sitri

It was a dream that finally got me to accept that I wasn't straight. I won't go into details but it wasn't the type of dream a straight person would have. Thinking back, even before I knew what sex was, I had some dreams that might suggest I was more attracted to guys.

7. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hm, true. I suppose it's why nightmares are easy to remember in most cases - they usually work effectively in making us stop, think and react.

8. Hexagon

No. I've never noticed my gender in dreams, and I've never had a sex dream.

9. White Knight

I see things bound to happen, like seeing future in my dreams. Tho they are heavily crypted I only solve the riddle when everything is said and done... in other words too late. I would like to be them a bit clearer as only my bad dreams come true.

Sometimes it turns my life a nightmare as I can't really tell which dreams are hinting future. Seeing your relatives dying, your house infested with burglers/murderers or constantly seeing your country in war makes you cranky for days.

10. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I'm glad you've accepted it. :slight_smile: Dreams can be downright confusing to those still questioning themselves.

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM ----------

Hmm. You're lucky then.

Oh, my. I don't really know what to say. :icon_sad:

11. Acm

Acm Guest

I've dreamed about being a guy several times before I knew I was trans, and the only sex related dreams I had weren't actually sexy in any way, they were basically just me feeling dysphoric about my body the entire time. My sexuality never came up in any dreams though.

12. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I can understand that. It seems my dream I mentioned fits what you've said although...it was a bit sexual. You're probably just comfortable with your sexuality more than your gender?

13. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since I haven't transitioned yet, it feels weird to say this, but all of my sexual dreams were gay. At the time, I thought they were just straight dreams. I also had this really weird dream about two gay men chasing me... That didn't make me question myself, though.

14. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

:thumbsup: It doesn't sound weird to me. Lol, what a chase that must have been :icon_wink

15. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha :lol: do you mind if I post a thread about dreaming, too? I have some dream questions but they're not related to dreaming about sexuality or gender hints, just in general.

16. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think dreams are interesting. This is just my personal opinion- On one hand, they can be really symbolic to a point where analyzing them is futile because there can be a million meanings applied to one thing. On another hand, I find sometimes they genuinely reflect things you consciously think about a lot, especially before you go to sleep. Other times it's your subconscious noticing things.

When I was head over heels for this girl for years, she occupied quite a bit of my waking hours. I had a lot of dreams about her- not all of them were sexual- some were just of us cuddling or holding hands or her arm around my waist or something. That I understand, because I thought about her a lot.

Another thing that I found surprising was this dream I had that came true. I dreamed that a guy I was friends with knew that I liked the girl. (That dream terrified me because I wasn't out at the time- in fact I was actually deeply rooted in a land called denial-and I didn't want anyone to know I liked her. I tried to keep it hidden). The next day we were all walking towards class or something (I was talking to her), when the same guy in the dream came up to us and said to me, very loudly by the way, "you in love with her or something?" And then pointed to her. Yeah...funny you mention that...to be honest I think I had this dream because I kind of knew that he knew, since he hung around me a lot and around her, and I think I was seriously giving off this whole vibe.

Anyways, I've had a lot of random dreams before, mostly about girls I think, but guys would be in it once in a while, I don't even know. I once had a dream that I was sleeping in a bed with 5 fictional characters from a certain TV show (It was like, 4 girls and 1 guy-it wasn't anything sexual either actually, I was just super invested in that TV show at the time and had a huge crush one of the characters). I had my arms around this character who I kind of had a big crush on too and we were cuddling and all that. Same character, I also had a dream later on I was holding her hand and stuff. It's just something that filtered from my conscious to my subconscious I suppose.

I think dreams could mean many things, sometimes it's clear sometimes it's less clear. I try not to take things too literally though especially if it makes no sense :slight_smile: Alright sorry for rambling, but those are my little stories :thumbsup:

#16 Alder, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  17. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Go ahead :slight_smile:

I've had the same experience with the thinking about someone alot and then dreaming about them. That was with this crush I had on this guy during middle school. I mostly just wanted to hold his hand, hug him or kiss his cheek.

Haha, I've also had the dream about being with a character from a movie however...mine was sexual at first and then it turned out pretty platonic in the end.

18. Candace

I have an array of very bizarre dreams, like trying to bring Celine Dion into the U.S. from Canada, only to be stopped and arrested at customs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Maybe it's due to stuff that I watch before I go to bed, I guess.

19. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, recently I don't remember much of what I dream in general let alone about dreams dropping hints, but I still remember when I was a kid until around my pre-teens I would often dream as a male (might be related to with the 5 years I'd say I rather be a guy, that same time when I once dreamt I was a female defending female rights at the UN, so I now interpret that whole period as my early feminist side which I still have), then during my teens I'd dream more of girls, or dreams where I'd turn from mere viewer aswell as "actor" on each person appearing on the dream. Then nearly my 20s I'd have more romantic dreams.

20. wanderinggirl

I've had dreams where I'm talked into dating a guy but I also secretly want to date them, physically if not emotionally.

Also when I was dating my ex, right after Ellen Page came out, I had a dream that EP confessed her love to me and I was like "omg holy shit... i can't i have a girlfriend!" My heart was breaking as I ran away. I regret not at least making out with dream EP, but I think this means I was a loyal girlfriend. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: