1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you don't want to marry a man because you don't love yourself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Aug 12, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So my mom and I were talking about marriage and she was talking about Kim kardashian, and how she didn't stay married to that guy Chris whatever his last name is . I told her that I think ,Kayne and kim make a great couple and I hope they don't break up and my mom said that when you're about to marry someone ,you need to know if your truly love them .
    I told my mom that I don't want to marry and that I don't see myself marrying . I will marry another woman but not a man and i thought maybe I can just slowly ,prepare her for when I come out . But she got upset and said Marriage is for everyone , you have to get married it's what you were born to do , if your father was alive right now he would be very hurt by what you are saying . She then told me I don't want to be happy and I want to be unhappy that's why I don't want to get married then she said we're not talking about it anymore because I have upset her .
    My mom doesn't believe that gays and lesbians should ,get married and think relationships , marriage and sex should only be between a a man and a woman . She also thinks that two women should only be friends and nothing more, than that and it's sick for women to be in a romantic or sexual relationship together . So I find it shocking that she told me marriage is for everyone and told me I don't love myself because I don't want to get married and many women will be happy for a man to chase them or pay attention to them and I'm oh so selfish and don't want to be happy .

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never quite understood this. Especially the next step where we're "born to be parents". If our only purpose in life is to create "more of us", how does that separate us from any of the other creatures on earth? I'd like to think we can aspire to a higher purpose than the seahorses. :slight_smile:

Your mother has sort of told you where she stands. You don't agree with her point of view (and rightfully so). My advice would be not to keep going back to a dry well hoping for water. She doesn't sound very supportive right now, so I wouldn't keep angling for a positive response in that direction.

Lex

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yes.. I HATE it when people say stuff like that.. "Its Tradition.. Everyone does it.. bla bla bla"

No!!! There's a choice.. You're choice..

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right Lex and from that response I know she's not going to handle me being a lesbian very well at all . The thing was we were watching this show together where there is a gay character and he came out to his mom and she was forcing him to be straight and my mom said you can't make him straight he's gay and saying how the mother in the show was evil and mean .
    But I was hoping maybe she would tell me it's ok if I don't want to get married but then she said I don't want to be happy and that made me feel like I have a hard road again when I come out , I always knew I did but I know it will be her way or the high way . when it comes to my sexuality .

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As it should be. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. thisisallnew

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you can marry whoever you want! :slight_smile: