1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conservtives are so weird

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hoping, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hoping

Ive noticed with conservtives i know and i see on tv they hate when you say they are wrong and its like everyone has to conform to what they believe and im not saying everyone one of them is like that but its weird.
    I never ever watch fox anymore cause of that bill o reilly the republican hate mouth peice of fox news. but anyway also mums bf is a radical conservitive and he hates gay marriage, adoption and hates the idea of gay familys and the thing is everytime somebody challenges his ideas he hits the roof and out comes all the propaganda.
    So i really wonder why conservtives are like this.
    Have any of you guys had experiences with conservtives in your family and how do they react when you question their ideas?

2. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From my experience, that type of reaction is not limited to conservatives. Have you ever tried discussing the unfairness of, say, the minimum wage or something like why abortion is morally wrong with a liberal? They can get pretty nasty as well. But, really, it's more a personal behavior than a party or ideological behavior.

3. EM68

I agree with Bluerose. Liberals can be bad also. Have you seen NBC news lately? Some of their reporters are so bias against Gov. Palin and any republicans. When MSNBC broke the news that McCain chose Palin, in the same banner stating the breaking news they put in a sarcastic remark how many homes does she add to the ticket. Also it was a liberal hate website the Daily Coast that said that Gov Palin's baby was actually the baby of her 17 year old daughters baby.

Personally I like Bill O'reilly. When someone no matter what ideology, makes a statement that is outrageous he holds them accountable. After Obamba and McCain made their acceptance speeches he went through their speeches and challenged any inconsistencies.

4. hoping

Here are some reasons why i really dislike bill o reilly

He went on a rant saying if the us granted green cards to gay couples the it would lead to people who love 3 women wanting to come into the us.

He said ''to cluster gays near children is insane and inappropriate''

He said regarding a ban on a gay and lesbain group from NYC st patricks day parade '' I dont want these people intruding on a parade where little childen are watching''

He said '' gay marriage is like that britsh woman who married the dolphin''

He said '' gay marriage could lead to nuptuals with goats''

I just really hate how this man who claims to represent a station whose slogan is '' our reporting is fair and balanced'' when he is so homophobic and bigotry,
    I remember watching this documenatry a few years ago about fox and Rupert murdoc the so called '' american - australian'' and they showed this part where this boy scout was being interviewed by him and it had to do with boy scout groups going to washington and suddenly o reilly started screaming at this 10 year old boy.
    I believe this show was called '' outfoxed Rupert murdochs war on journalism''

5. sdc91

A lot of my friends are conservatives and while I wish they were more progressive, I respect their opinion. I watch Fox News sometimes, but I take everything with a grain of salt on any station I watch. I wish people didn't need scapegoats in order to rally behind causes.

(By the way, "radical conservative" is a bit of an oxymoron. Radical is left wing. Reactionary is right.)

6. EM68

I think its important to get your news from multiple sources. I watch FOX, CNN and read BBC News along with local news. I heard on shocking stat that over half of young adults 16 to 25 years get their news from the late night shows, like Conan and Letterman.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I totally disagree with almost all of Bill O'Reilly's views but what I dislike most about him is that he cannot have a decent conversation with anyone who doesn't agree with him without interupting and being boisterous. That drives me insane! :bang: However, there are obnoxious people on the liberal side too.

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dislike the heavy liberals, but I really can't stand the far-right conservatives. Neither end is particularly appealing to me; I would say I lean a little to the left, but close to the center. I have a split political background - conservative grandparents, a slightly conservative dad, and a moderately liberal mom. I have some traits of both, but there are things I dislike about both.

EDIT: Going off what Becky said, I agree that Bill's inability to reasonably debate someone, or even hold a conversation with them, is ridiculous. If they disagree with him on anything, he never gives them a chance to speak and fans his pompousness throughout the room, going so far as to shout at them or cut their mike if they try to argue back. He's told many of his guests to shut up when he doesn't like what they say, and he insults the people who aren't like him. THAT'S what irritates me about Bill.

#8 Wander, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  9. Brett

Personally, I'm moderate, but I lean towards the left. I do agree with many of the Republicans' values, but I strongly dissagree with most of them.
    The thing that really bugs me about Coservatives is their blind discrimination. Like my Dad doen't even have the courtesy to call Mexican people mexicans.He like to call them "brown peoples" and that jus makes me sick! XP
    But some things about the left piss me off too.....the main one being global warming. It's a pefectly natural cycle. It's happened before, and it's gonna happen again. I will admit that we should take better care of our planet, and that we do have some impact on our environment, but the effect is probably more of a cumulative thing. We're not going to destroy the planet anytime soon, but we'd better start being carefull anyways.

10. hoping

You know man if you were say 21 id so marry you, i agree with everytging you said right there. OK maybe not marry

11. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but the truly educated get their news from the Daily Show. Seriously. There was a study, and the most informed on the issues listed their primary news source as the Daily Show.

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe it was Jammin' In New York when George Carlin said "The planet is fine, the people are f*cked". Earth isn't going anywhere any time soon, but humans will eventually die out and the last traces of us will eventually be erased. We're just a minor annoyance, a small threat, that will be brushed away in due time. Trying the "save the planet" is futile, but trying to speed up the demise of humans would get things done.