1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incense ^_^

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Helen, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

I got a load of incense-y related things for my birthday waaaaay back in february ^_^

And I really don't feel very well today, and have a bit of a headache, so I've drawn my curtains, put on some nice ambient jazzy music from the Twin Peaks soundtrack, have lit a couple of candles, and made myself a cup of lovely redbush tea :slight_smile:

I think now's the time to break out the incense :slight_smile: If only I could figure out exactly how to use this thing >.< The silver little thing inside it is a tealight, incidentally ^_^ Picture 24.jpg

I've got a little bottle of what I presume is incense oil, and some sticks. Do they go in the holes on the top or what? And where exactly do I put the oil?

Incidentally, *insert discussion about incense here* :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:[\

2. Janvier

I guess there should be a little 'bowl' or container on top of the candle and that's where you should put the oil.
    I prefer the sticks, esp Nag Champa :grin:

3. Helen

Helen Guest

Do you mean as in the little dipped in bit at the top of the whole white china thing? (I have no idea what to call it XD)

Also, I'm assuming I was right about the sticks going in the little holes?

(the stuff I've got is apparently apple scented...so it should be interesting to see what it smells like when I light it. I have a honey and vanilla candle burning at the moment...it's loooooovely :grin:)

4. Janvier

Yup, put the oil at the top.
    I don't know what the holes are for but I don't think you're supposed to put the sticks in because the ashes will fall.
    Be careful not to overdo it on the different scents, they can smell pretty strong.

5. jazzrawr

I think the sticks are for burning by themselves.
    There should be something to set them on for burning...
    Yeah, don't do the sticks AND the oil, it'll get reeeeally overpowering. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. JayC

JayC Guest

yeah i agree just do one or the other one stick for me lasts a while what kind are they i get seductive ones or so they say they are