1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often do you use canned goods?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Aug 13, 2014.

?

How many times per week do you use canned goods?

1. Daily

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Several times per week

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  3. Weekly

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Sporadically

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Rarely/Never

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. AlamoCity

How often do you use canned goods? What products do you use?

I think I have one or two cans of sardines/herring/mackerel/oily fish a week. I don't drink milk products, so this is one of my "calcium supplements" :lol:. Other than that, most of the fruits and vegetables we eat are fresh or frozen.

2. Cheap, non-perishable food items are a pretty big deal for me. I'm in college and I don't make a ton of money on top of that, so my partner and I eat a lot of noodles and canned stir fry veggies and soups and stuff like that. Hard to top a filling bowl of food that only cost me 29cents...just sayin.

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

beans, tomatoes, beans, green beans, jalapenos, chiles, beans, beefaroni, pineapple, peaches, beans.......

i rely on canned beans and tomatoes

4. PICollins91

Eat canned foods often, mostly beans ... and beans ... and more beans. They go with just about everything. Salmon? Have some pinto beans. Tacos? Throw some refried beans on there. Got rice? Now you have black beans and rice. If Jay Bush from the commercials has any children or grandchildren I'm pretty sure we've put them all through college by now as much beans as this family consumes.

5. ThePrideInside4

Tuna, ravioli, and Spaghettio's :lol:

6. Acm

Acm Guest

The only canned food I really eat is beans, but I eat a lot of them so...
    I have a pretty limited diet so I can't eat a lot of other stuff

7. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I eat canned chili, but most of the stuff I eat is boxed or bagged, not canned.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Vegetables: corn, beans, green beans, artichokes
    Fruit: pineapple, pimentos, olives (I guess they're a fruit because they're from olive trees), maraschino cherries
    Soup: sometimes, though not often because I hate cleaning the pan afterwards if using the stove - cream based soups, tomato soup, chicken soup
    Meat/poultry/fish: chicken, tuna, and salmon - all in water

I also get bottled items, such as pasta sauce, and the better and healthier microwavable TV dinners.

I HATE to cook and I'm terrible at it and predict I'd be terrible at it if I tried to get better. Aside from periodically going to restaurants, it keeps me from eating everything in sight.

9. Hexagon

I get most of my pulses from cans, and the occasional can of corn as well.

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weekly, depends on the week though. Sometimes 0 times per week, sometimes 2 times per week.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I chose 'Weekly', because that is about the average. Sometimes, I'll eat canned goods more than once a week.

Usually, when I eat canned goods, it's green beans, corn, Beanie Weenies (don't hate), Chef Boyardee products, especially the ones with meatballs (don't judge me), and various soups.

That said, as thedreamwatcher pointed out, it is hard to beat some Ramen noodles. You get, like, a thousand of those things, for super cheap.

12. SavMachine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cans are fantastic because they are SUPER CHEAP!!!

As a student with very little money, cans are a godsend. 50c for 4 peoples serving of vegetables?? Who could resist!! We put at least one can of something into every meal to make sure we keep our veggie intake up. Usually vegetables like corn, beans, lentils, tomatoes... We're all pretty keen on baked beans and canned spaghetti, too! Also a fun tip: canned soup can make a great sauce for things if you mix it with meat and spices. A nice easy (and cheap!!) way to get super yum pasta or asian dishes and its usually made of veggies so you get a bunch more of them in there too :slight_smile:

To add to the mix, my flatmates and I come from Christchurch in New Zealand and some of you may know that place got ripped to pieces by a giant earthquake a few years back. What do you eat in emergency situations?? Canned food!! So we have a giant emergency stock of them as well that constantly gets eaten and topped up to keep everything fresh :slight_smile:

Yay for cans!!

13. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not usually very often, I try to eat whole non-preservative natural foods as much as possible

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I only sporadically use canned goods. I know they are very cheap, but I don't particularly like cooked vegetables, I eat mine raw.

15. Ryujin

These aren't technically canned, but I would love off of pot noodles if I could. (I wouldn't, but I'd eat a lot of them)
    I mainly have canned beans and canned sweetcorn. Most canned products seem disgusting to me so I tend not to use that many.

16. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep canned raviolis for if the power goes out. They aren't great cold but a manual can opener and a can of cold raviolis is better than being hungry. Occasionally I'll dump a can of Armour chili on some freezer burritos. For the most part I avoid can goods. They all seem to have a nasty metallic taste.

17. Candace

I use Chef Boyardee, green beans and carrots, along with using mashed pumpkin to put into my dog's food (it's part of her diet).

18. Gallatin

Tuna and beans several times per week. Almost all of the fruits and vegetables I use are fresh or frozen.

19. Silas

I loved those canned fruit cocktails with the little peaches and pineapples in them, I eat them a few times a week :grin:

20. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't remember the last time I did