1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give an honest answer. Why you think majority of....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by August Love, Aug 14, 2014.

1. August Love

August Love Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    people refuse to date a bisexual person? Or in women's cases take them seriously?

I have done a lot of searching,and realized most women,even bisexual women(key word everyone: I said most. NOT ALL!) refuses to date one. While men on the other hand, will date us,but won't take us serious enough to marry us.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because ignorant, bigoted, insecure people can just as easily exist in the gay community as they do in the straight one.

3. August Love

August Love Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That could be it, but I seriously doubt all could be bigoted, or insecure. Actually the ones who said they would not date,or marry a bisexual person most tolerant people I have ever meet,& where LBGT allies.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a really hurtful view, and unfortunately it's startlingly common among gay and lesbian folks. It's no exaggeration for me to say I've had more negative reactions to my bisexuality among gays and lesbians than straight people.

5. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My guess would be that the person is uncomfortable with the idea of not being able to fully fulfill the bisexual partners full sexual and romantic desires, and may be worried that it will end for those reasons. Either that or, as other have said, they have something against the idea of their partner having homosexual/heterosexual tendencies.

6. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Too much competition. Lol. Normally a woman just needs to worry about their man looking at other women. Now how he she supposed to stop him from "hangin with the boys"?

Probably the same with men too, can bring a lot of insecurity.

Just a guess though, I really don't know. I think it would be more of an individual answer with regard to a specific person as opposed to a general one.

7. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    hello :slight_smile:
    i honestly am not in touch with many lgbt ppl other than here.
    but i personally dont understand why anyone would be prejudiced against bisexual ppl lol
    i for one would not mind having a bi boyfriend :slight_smile:
    its all love and loyalty that matters.

8. Hexagon

Because people are assholes.

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally have dated a bisexual (Kinsey 4/5) and would totally date another bisexual guy if the opportunity were to present itself.

Speaking for others, it's probably just ignorance of bisexuality or some sort of biphobia.

#9 BryanM, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  10. Candace

Because people don't know any better and will choose to believe something based off of very inaccurate stereotypes that get passed along :dry:.

11. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Thank you. (*hug*)

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe they have trust issues or are insecure?

13. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Speaking from my own experience, those two are very big factors when it comes to most people that have trouble with being with a bi person.

14. LadyRedRover

Because they're immature and choose to believe a rumor over the person standing in front of them.

Personally, I've never minded dating a bisexual person. The ones I've met have been really amazing, loving people.

15. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

It's called biphobia. A lot of people hold stupid and unfounded beliefs about bisexuals either being cheaters, gay in denial, confused, or not even existing in the first place. That last one almost sounds like a bad joke, but people really believe it.

16. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I don't get it either. I have faced a lot of obstacles after coming out as bi. And the straight men I dated did not take me seriously and used my bisexuality as an excuss to cheat which hurt me deeply. Just because I am bi, you think you can cheat cause surely I am? Ummm no. And even a gay friend of mine who is really supportive of me personally said he could never date a bi guy cause he doesn't know if he could trust a bi guy. ummm, what? He know's I'm a trustworthy person so why would he have this hang up with bi guys? I have found my best relationshis have been with bisexual men. I was serious with one bi woman. But for the other bi women, there were just factors that just didn't make things work out. And as far as bi women not dating you... I've never had that problem but whether or not we got very serious or not depended on her level of attraction... how attracted to women versus men. Dated bi women who were more attracted to men, some more attracted to women, and some equally attracted. But there are all kinds of people out there. I would say that you have just not met bi women who are strongly enough attracted to women. I am attracted to both very much. But it seems my most meaningful relationships have been with bi men. Like the relationship I am in now with a bi guy, best ever! :slight_smile: But yeah, idk people's hangups and misconceptions of bisexuals. I hate biphobia. It's just ignorance.

17. Candace

You're welcome (*hug*)

18. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because they think bisexual people are promiscuous and need to satisfy their desires constantly with both sexes, something that the bi person's partner can't do even if they happened to be the most wonderful boy/girlfriend in the world, they'd still need to satisfy their desire for the other sex they're attracted to which would end up in betrayal.
    That's my theory.

19. wolf of fire

It would not be a concern for me, true there are more you lose them to but they chose you out of all of them.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think the reason a lot of people don't date bisexual women is because of negative stereotypes and just plain ignorance ,about bisexuality in general.
    As for me I'm open to dating bisexual women, I just have a couple of rules
    I must be attracted to you, you must be faithful, and you must like cats and dogs . And you only have sex with me. I don't care if you like penis and vagina .
    Those are my rules their over the top , I know.