1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A strange thing happened today (or something about mirrors)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whatshisname, Aug 14, 2014.

1. whatshisname

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I was leaving for work this morning and, following some advice I've seen around here, I went in front of a mirror and whispered to myself "I am gay" and gave myself a smile. That was good, although a little strange as it's been less than 3 months since I came out to myself.

I arrived at work, did some chores and, as I was walking around the office, I saw a mirror and went to check out my hair, because, yes, I'm a hair-concious person. As I was looking at the mirror, I thought to myself that I was checking myself out too much recently. Again, I whispered to myself "No prob, I like mirrors." For the next half second, I was like no big deal. But then it hit me. "WOOOOOOOW! I think I've never EVER said that in my whole life! This is the first time I'm ok with mirrors!" I was astonished! I've never liked mirrors. I've never liked my reflection. I've spent probably two years some time back without a mirror in my bedroom/closet.

That was quite a surprising thought, considering how depressed and suicidal I was in the past few months. As I was thinking about what this simple yet powerful epiphany meant for me, my eyes got all wet and I droped some tears of joy. I'm very emotional right now, and my eyes are getting wet again... :eusa_ange But I'm really, really happy! I think I'm finally able to see myself in a positive light after some dark times.

Anyway, now I can see some glimpses and sparkles of happiness and hope here and there. Things are going to be better. And if someone out there is going through Hell as I was (and still am), don't lose hope! Things will get better sooner then you think, some times through small things and just out of the blue.

I hope my story made you happy too, because it sure made me very happy today. Stay strong!

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great! Mirrors remain my worst enemy. I'm glad you had that experience.

3. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you :icon_bigg

4. Candace

Yayyy! I'm glad that you were able to admit it to yourself :slight_smile: (!). Congrats!

5. Litveninko

great buddy! Glad to hear :-D