1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Open final

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Sep 8, 2008.

1. partietraumatic

Does anyone else here like tennis? im watching us open final with Andy Murray. if he wins he'll be first brit for...like 40 years to win a granslam.

its 11 at night here but i can't go to sleep til the match has finished

CMON ANDY!!! lol

2. rdberg1957

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Love tennis, like Andy Murray, but Roger was a bit too much for him. I think Andy will do very well now that he has made it to a final and defeated Nadal to do so.

3. Jeimuzu

It was a disappointment but not a surprise. I sat and watched it in Madison Square Park on 23rd street in Manhattan, with a big crowd of Americans. They seemed to support Federer at the start, but a few were won over because Murray showed some flashes of good play, but I said at the start; If Federer was at his best, Murray'd already lost. Federer at his best is the best player of all time in my opinion. And Federer was at his best for long stretches.

Mind you, I wanna see who agrees with me on this. I happen to know that that computerised line-call thing could easily and quickly do it for every shot. So why the hell does a player have to challenge a mistake? If Murray had challenged a shot in the second set he'd have broken Federer twice in a row. That would probably have won him the set. If he'd have won the second set, the whole game would've been different.

So, the second set was largely taken from Murray because of a bad call, and because he didn't challenge it, it was given to Federer. Why should he have to? They knew it was wrong. All they have to do is look at it and say "No, that was out. Game to Murray." because it happened at break point.

So yeah, that's my only complaint. It just doesn't make sense why they can't automatically challenge all calls via the computers. At least then, when a player wins, there's no dispute.

4. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Tennis is a cool sport. Roger Federer Rocks! :eusa_danc

5. Noah

lol, sorry, but GO ROGER!