1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe bisexuality is the predominant sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MassiveExtract, Aug 14, 2014.

?

Bisexuality...

1. Yes, it's the biggest.

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Maybe, but it's impossible to know.

41 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. No, heterosexuality will forever reign.

28 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No, we're all gay, but hidding it.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Freud said that all human beings are bisexual, even Kinsey thought the majority fell right in between. What is your perspective on the subject?

Personally I believe some people are truly 100% gay or straight, but that's probably the minority. Even I consider myself predominately homosexual, but can bend every once in awhile under a specific circumstance, doubtful in the long-term.

I've had guys hit on me that you can tell are mostly interested in women, but find me attractive enough to bend the curve.

I don't know, I really wish there were more scientific studies on this, since I've been doing a bit a research but found contradictory hypothesis's. In my mind love is love - lust is lust and sometimes that traverses boundaries.

#1 MassiveExtract, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't believe that everyone is bisexual to a degree because ,I can say for me it's not true ; For most of my life I have tried to be a bit bi or even bi and I can say now as ,an adult men don't do anything for me . Although I do agree with you that a lot of people are probably bisexual and very few are gay , straight and asexual .

3. dreamcatcher

No, I think most people are straight.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think most people are bisexual (peraphs 1% straight/gay, but not 100%), but it is impossible to know for sure.

Peraphs i think this way because i am bisexual and don't understand what really means to be straight/gay.

5. timo

Interesting topic.

It could be that a majority of people do experience same-sex attraction sometimes, but never act upon it because they still have a 99% preference for one gender. In this case we will never know, because these people are never gonna come forward about this. Well, girls, maybe. But most "straight but apparently not 100% straight" guys won't.

It could also be that it's bullshit and most people are just straight.

I fear we will never know.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    could it then also be said that the majority that are gay also experience opposite sex attraction sometimes as well ? but act on it in secret ?

side note If it turns out that a lot of people are bi and No I don't mean all , anyone find it a little funny that their discriminating against bisexual when their bi themselves . Kinda makes you see where the biphobia comes from hate towards yourself or in this case phobia .

#6 stocking, Aug 14, 2014
  7. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know a lot of girls that say: "Oh that girl is beautiful." Nobody complains, in fact they agree.

Now if one of my straight guy friends says: "Oh that guys handsome/ beautiful/ hot" The word FAG will instantly be thrown out.

That's why most straight guys will never admit such a thing.

I agree. I wouldn't mind acting on it, but as I said under specific circumstances and I doubt I could sustain it. A really hot girl is staying in a hotel room, sobbing over how her rich old husband doesn't love her and I comfort her, we go on an adventure... I get drunk and then Wham! One night! :lol: A bit of a story, but I have no shame as a gay man saying that it is totally possible. However, she would have to have something that attracts me, because my god have I had beautiful girlfriends in the past, but I couldn't get it hard.

#7 MassiveExtract, Aug 14, 2014
  8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To me it's a no can go with men , sex with them turns me off lol:grin:

9. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the same way with women, I mean I've had three different girlfriends, 5 different sexual female partners and it simply doesn't work, yet I've noticed that every once in awhile there is one - (once every two years or so) that does catch my attention it given the right opportunity could have a sexual encounter, but definitely not anything further. To be honest, I haven't acted upon it, because I'm not attracted to girls, but once again... under the right circumstances... :lol:

No, but seriously. You wouldn't like do an exception at some point in your life, even for one night?

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The reason I say it wouldn't work is because I gave one guy one night and no it did not work and no I was not attracted to him . I've been alive for 26 years had not felt that way for a man ever . Yes I can notice a man is handsome but I don't want one in my bed . No Thank you .

11. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got you. :thumbsup:

12. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with you. I think there's a small minority of 100% gay people, a rather larger group of 100% straight people, and everyone else is either bisexual or asexual. What I don't have a clue about is the difference in the number of people who are 100% straight and the bisexual crowd. And I use bisexual very loosely; if someone is 99% gay and 1% straight, I considered that bisexual, in this case.

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexuality is far more complicated than most people think. No way to know.

14. awesomeness

I think the right word would be "bicurious" or "heteroflexible".

15. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think some people are tempted to say most people are bisexual, because they see sexuality as a continuum, and they are tempted to apply a normal (bell) curve to any continuum. That has a kind of intuitive appeal...however, by that same logic, we could hypothesize that most humans are also transgender and intersexed (as both gender and sex are also continuums)...so I find this argument simply flawed.

I also think many bisexuals are tempted to hypothesize that most people are bisexual, because it's comforting to think that most people are like us...especially if that also means that most people are like us, and aren't smart enough to even realize it! Yes, we few bisexual-identified people are actually the most enlightened of all human beings! All (or at least 95-99%) of you straight and gay people are just too uptight or too self-deluded to see the truth of your sexuality.

LOL, please. How strong must your needs for validation and superiority be to actually believe such tripe? I could see it being a fun fantasy (like daydreaming about being accepted to Hogwarts)...but seriously??

16. Candace

I mean, if you took away all of the stigma that goes along with being gay, bisexual, or of that latter, then I think you would find more accurate results. I would presume that the majority of people would be more biromantic or at least yearn for companionship with either gender, whether it be male or female. That having been said, I would think that the majority of people in terms of sexual attraction, would be straight. They always say, in the form of statistics, that ten percent of the world is either gay or bisexual. I don't think removing those negative stigmas that come with being gay/bisexual in our modern world and forcing everyone to be completely honest would change those statistics very much (for those who don't report and hide their sexuality from everyone).

17. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is also unknown. I was reading on ancient civilizations and sexuality and realized something interesting. Most civilizations in a society where sexuality stigmatization isn't present did have a lighter of view on heterosexuality, and bisexuality was quite prevalent. Biggest example: Egypt, China, Greece and Rome. I wonder if we had a society in which people simply didn't care who they loved based on their sexual orientation, and being bisexual wouldn't be an issue... we'd have widespread bisexuality. As I mentioned before, imagine if a "straight" guy said that he liked another guy - to one of his friends he'd be labeled a fag, and he'd lose his MACHO persona. I think it's just the fear that present society has, I mean why are most of us in the closet, despite the fact that we're gay? We have the fear of rejection.

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2014 at 09:39 AM ----------

Well, I'm not bisexual, don't really care if most are. It's is simply a discussion that might have truth to it or might not. Truth is we won't know which is the predominant sexuality because there is a stigma of being labeled gay and bisexual, so the vast majority will not spit it out. There's truly no way to know.

Based on pre-biblical times, bisexuality was rampant in ancient civilizations, that's why I brought it up.

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess it depends on how you define bisexual. Is it by your behaviors? Your past relationships? Desires? Willingness to experiment? The type of men/women you're attracted to? You'll find that plenty of gay men have had experiences with the opposite sex, even fallen in love, and enjoyed activities with their girlfriends and wives, but they identify strictly as gay. A few will even admit to having a small attraction towards members of the opposite sex, or having an "urge" every now and then.

There seems to be a lot more pressure for men to live up to a masculine ideal, ie not weak or womanly, and that includes not being suspected of being gay. Otherwise, it would be interesting to know how many have had those yearnings, in however small a degree, or experiences.

I'm well past my teenage years, yet get turned on by both men and women, albeit not your standard type(s). Relationship-wise, it's still in the air, but I imagine it could work either way.

19. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it's really hard to know. I've always said that if you remove the past culture from a society and start from scratch, how would the results be? Would they truly look like our modern world, or would they look completely different in terms of sexuality?

#19 MassiveExtract, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  20. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that everyone is a little bisexual, because if you think about it, friendship is a kind of love. If it's a kind of love, then everyone would have to be a little bit, because then you wouldn't have any friends that are of the opposite gender that you like.