1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm talking to a guy :D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Aug 14, 2014.

1. person57

There's this guy that goes to my school, I'm in 10th and he's in 9th. We used to talk quite a bit back in middle school, and he was one of my few friends that knew I liked guys. During middle school, he confesses to me that he is bisexual. After I was done with 8th grade and summer started, we didn't really see each other. We would text and Facebook message each other every now and then though. But now that I'm in 10th and he's in 9th grade, we go to the same school again. I recently developed a crush on him, and I decided to make a move on him. I told him today that I had a crush on him and he was very surprised. Then I asked him if he'd consider dating me and he said yes. We're going to start talking to each other again, and I might introduce him to my best friend soon!! The problem is, is that I'm openly gay and he isn't. He said that his cousin knows though. He also said that his parents are homophobic. When he told me this, I showed him lots of support, gave him advice, and I actually recommended emptyclosets to him as well. Also, he told me that now he likes guys more and he's a little confused!! I'm so happy about possibly finding a boyfriend!!

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2014 at 09:59 PM ----------

Also, I'd like to add that the advice I gave him was to come out when ever he feels 100% ready. I also told him that if he decides to come out to his parents and they react in a bad way, then don't care what they think and don't let them get to him. I also told him that I think it would be a better idea to come out to his parents when he's financially independent so he won't be disowned or abused or anything. And then I recommended empty closets to him. I told him that it helped me a lot and I think it could help him.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He should be careful about coming out if his parents are homophobic.

3. William

Well you're just so fucking chipper aren't ya! Just kidding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But cool, and please don't pressure him to come out, as it would end badly.

4. Data

Data Guest

Sounds like you did everything right man. Good job!

If he can, it's absolutely best to wait till he's independant from his parents if they're very homophobic. You told him that, so good job.

Man, what I would give to have had a boyfriend in highschool. I still hated myself though, so it wasn't possible. You're very wise and very special to have come to terms with who you are so young. I admire it a lot. I wasn't strong enough to do what you did.

Congrats, and I wish you two the best of luck! :grin:

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you did everything right on this one! Good on you!

It's also great that you're willing to give him support as well :grin:

6. Candace

Congrats to you for finding someone! But, I'd urge caution when around his parents, due to that fact that you did mention that they are homophobic. Because of that, they should be the last people that you come out to.

Good job on supporting him too!! :slight_smile:

7. Criss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds so perfect:slight_smile: he's lucky to have someone like you supporting him!

8. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Can't I have that?!?!? :tears::tears:
    #FOREVERALONE
    Ok well I don't think you did anything wrong? You told him to be patient you made it clear that you supported him and you reccomended this lovely site :slight_smile: