1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A dream. A goal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artist92, Aug 15, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of my life, I have been looking for purpose. When people asked what my life plans were, I'd just shrug and say "Buy a house, and have enough money to be happy". But yesterday I had an epiphany. When talking about feeling alone, a facebook friend suggested that I start a local group. I just laughed and said I couldn't do it. But then last night, I had a dream that I will never forget. I was on top of a hill, and it was dark and stormy. I looked down at the valley below and saw hundreds of people, mostly teens and young adults. They were all curled up or on their knees, crying and moaning. Even though I was high up and there were so many, I somehow could hear everything they were saying. They all were alone, scared, and feeling hopeless. Even though there were hundreds, they were looking at the ground and couldn't see those around them. Then I looked behind me. On that side of the valley, there were more people crying and staring at the ground, but these people were walking. Each one of them were walking to a noose. I tried screaming, begging them to look around them, or to look at me. I wanted to stop them but I couldn't.
    I woke up crying, and then the thought from before came back to my head. I know what I need to do, and now I have a goal in my life. I want to start a LGBTQ support group in my area. There is one in Atlanta, but I know there are people that can't go there. Until lately I felt alone, and I know there are more who need to see that they are special and not alone at all. Understand, this will take a lot of time, and I can't start anytime soon, but I feel led to do this. I want to attend some support groups to see how they're run, and I hope whenever I start it, that people young and old can make friends, and above all, know that they are special and loved. This the first time I know what I should do. I can help others who are usually shunned and rejected. I've never felt like this, and honestly, it feels really good. It will be a long time before this can happen, but I will work as hard as I can to help others.

2. Candace

Congratulations! (!) :slight_smile: I like your idea and what you want to do. Have you talked to any other person who might want to champion this idea with you and gather up potential members?

I live in Atlanta, and I know which LGBT support group you're probably talking about :grin:.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great! Good luck with it. I wish you the best.