1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other Tarot readers out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spirit, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Spirit

I've been reading tarot cards for about three/four years now, and today I did a reading for myself that's been bothering me a bit. I did a relationship spread about myself and an ex-friend who I used to like, with the aim of figuring out if it was worth attempting to patch things up. With the spread I used, I had cards out that represented myself, my thoughts & feelings about her, and her thoughts & feelings about me.

To my complete surprise, the cards in her thoughts and feelings were very positive-High Priestess and Wheel of Fortune, respectively. And in the 'outcome' slot, I got the World. In addition to that, I always do a quick three card past/present/future spread when I do relationships spreads. And in the future slot the Empress came up. :jawdrop: (Quick note, I draw the cards for both spreads at the same time, rather then resetting the deck.)

I'm surprised at the outcome, because I haven't talked with V since April. I walked away from a nasty fight-over her continuing to cancel plans with me-and we haven't spoken since. Because of her seeming disinterest in our friendship, I decided to let her be the one to patch things up this time. What makes it more surprising is that around the time we stopped talking, it sounded like V was getting involved with some girl she'd met on tumblr. Which paints the cards that I would view as positive and love related in an interesting light. If you want more back story about V, you can look at my past threads. The thing that's bothering me is, if she's changed her mind about me, or even has feelings more me, I don't understand why she wouldn't try to contact me. I very obviously liked her when we stopped talking to her.

If there's anyone on here who's experienced in tarot and has some thoughts to share about this, please let me know! I can post the rest of the cards that were drawn if you'd like the full picture.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no idea how to read tarot cards, but good luck!

3. Dakeli27

I never really understood tartor cards, but seriously, if some cards can make you start considering it, go for it

4. Spirit

Thanks! This has really thrown me for a loop, so I'd really love it if someone with tape knowledge could help me out!

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2014 at 08:25 PM ----------

@Dakelii, Well it does look like she'd be receptive to me approaching her, but personally I don't feel like that would be the best option right now. Whenever something would go wrong between us, I'd always been the one trying to patch things up. It really got to the point where it felt like she didn't care about me or our friendship, case in point: she was a major flake. V consistently bailed on our plans at the 11th hour, and was just plain rude about it. I left the decision to her for a reason.

I won't say I haven't been tempted to contact her to try and repair things. But I feel like that would only set me up to fall back into old patterns.

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

Ahh. Tried to edit that last post but took too long

[/COLOR]@Dakelii, Well it's not that I'm considering going back, it's that the cards are telling me that V has had a change of heart. The message is not what I expected at all, considering the fight we had, and her online girlfriend. I'm grasping at straws to try and figure out might have changed.

I won't say I haven't been tempted to contact her to try and repair things. But I feel like that would only set me up to fall back into old patterns. In this and other friendships, it's always been "my job" to repair things after bad fights. In the final weeks I sensed a strong lack of investment in her, and her failure to try and fix this. I'm thinking of that quote of loving something and letting it go. And her non return speaks volumes.

5. Dakeli27

Alright, I totally get that. You obviously know her better than me, and it's your happiness you're investing. From your first post it seemed like you had broken up after one bad fight. If she continuously abandoned you, she clearly doesn't appreciate you, and I think the best course of action would be to leave her be.

6. Spirit

We were never together, but I had really big crush on her that went on and off for about a year. It was extremely obvious-I never have been good at being subtle. Shortly before we fought she mentioned that she was starting a relationship with someone she met on tumblr. And I couldn't handle it.

With the flaking, she always said that something family related had come up. I was very understanding, but after a while it got very frustrating. That's what the fight was about actually. We had something scheduled for about two weeks, and when she bailed, I tried to ask her what happened. She flipped out and blamed me for causing drama. I got very mad and left the argument before things could escalate. And that was the last time we spoke.

#6 Spirit, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The deal with tarot that many miss is that it isn't about predicting the future; it's about getting a different perspective or a different set of inputs into a situation. The cards are plucked entirely at random, and your quest is to figure out *how* to make this random selection of images and symbols relevant to your problem...which forces you to think about things differently than you might do otherwise. Brilliant, really.

For that reason, I generally try to do only one reading in a sitting...if you allow yourself too many symbols in one sitting, the chances are higher that you can let your brain select symbols that run along its preferred lines, rather than forcing it into that other gear you're looking for.

All that said, let's look at your surprise. I have no trouble resolving the High Priestess and Wheel of Fortune (though I must say I'm impressed by the number of Major Arcana that came up for you in this reading...I usually interpret that as a sign of a strong/important reading). Wheel of Fortune is all about the changing/cyclic nature of things. It's not especially positive nor negative...it's just true that what's down will/can come up and vice versa...so a patch-up is possible, and you could end up closer than ever (but don't forget that the same Wheel will continue to rotate beyond that point). High Priestess also points to change, and to trusting and developing your intuition, and not taking "certain knowledge" for granted. The World, of course, especially in the future position, pertains to things coming full circle...all very positive, as you suggest.

Well geez, dear...we can't know exactly what goes on in the head of another. But it is *always* best to patch up hurt feelings where we can. You can't know why she canceled plans with you...could have been real reasons; could have been lack of interest; could have been anything. But she's had some time away, the Wheel has moved some...surely she misses at least *some* of what she had with you (though, it's worth noting, *maybe* not the whole enchilada...but maybe she misses that too). It certainly sounds like you've been acting with certain knowledge that you two are done...she's moved on to tumblrqueen...hmmm...how likely is a tumblr relationship to last the distance? Maybe the High Priestess is right...maybe you've been assuming too much?

Why has she not approached you? Hell, I've had friends disappear on me for up to a year at a time, and then resurface, telling me they were worried about how *I* felt, despite that I'd tried to make it clear that they were valued and loved. I've had friends tell me they were ashamed of how they'd acted, and couldn't bring themselves to approach me. Not lack of interest...lack of confidence. *sigh* When will they learn?

So maybe it's time to bring this episode full-circle and make a modest overture to her...extend an olive branch, and remind her that you care. Don't (DON'T) have high expectations...just perhaps an understanding/clarification of where you stand, and hopefully a renewed channel of communication.

However it all comes out, good luck! And keep reading the cards...it only gets better and more fluid with time. *hugs from a fellow Witch*

8. Spirit

Thanks for the tip about not having too many symbols at once. But I've found that the relationship reading becomes much clearer with the added perspective of the past present future cards. It tends to help tie things together, especially when reading for other people.

I really think you're onto something with the high priestess card. I knew very little about this girl she met online, just that V liked her and they had met in person at least once. Other then that I know very little about who this person is, or if the relationship developed into anything.

As for hurt feelings I've felt (and still feel) like I walked away with more wounds to lick. At the time I was trying to figure out how I should express my interest in her, and her online romance bombshell dropped right in the middle of it. She grew colder and left me out of the conversation at lunch. And I know that these were plans that she would've been interested in, they were things like watching movies that we both loved, or going to museums on topics we both thought were interesting.

What do you think about the empress being in the "future" slot of the past, present, future spread? I can't seem to figure that all the way out. And do you think that there is indication of her making a move? I feel like the tarot is trying to tell me that now is the time to try to do something, but I just don't have it in me.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've never been heavily into it, but I find it interesting.

I've had one Tarot reading, from a young lady, and... I was rather impressed with her findings. In fact, had she not transferred out of the local community college, to go elsewhere, I'd have hit her up again for more readings.

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Empress is all about fertility and nurturing...readiness and/or preparation.

The tarot doesn't tell you what to do, and it's not going to tell you whether she's going to make a move. Again, your reading is a random collection of cards that *you* use to get insight into a situation in a way you might not otherwise have considered.

Rather, I think a reasonable interpretation is that the soil is ready for moving forward (because time has passed and maybe you're both in a better place now regarding this friendship)...and/or that a way to approach her is in a spirit of support, perhaps asking about this other person, and wanting to make sure things are ok (if you can do that genuinely), or in general, letting her know you still care and would like to be friends again.

11. justjade

I'm a Tarot reader, although I haven't done it in a while.

12. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok... this is my opinion, it is your risk and interpretation what you make of it....
    both cards don't necessarily mean an ending as lovers but a mature position...

you could wait if you get contacted the next days or look a bit at her facebook page etc and decide if you want to contact her...

in general sometimes its advisable to be a bit more active when a woman is dealing with a woman... otherwise both would maybe just wait... sometimes you have the feeling its time or not...

you could think about what you want and your feelings...

I would, after a contact, just be open and communicate... what happened to her, how she is feeling etc...