1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dakeli27, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Dakeli27

I've been getting a few strange looks from my parents due to my hair. It isn't long long, and I'm not exactly growing it out, I just haven't cut it since the end of school and I kinda like how it looks. It covers my ears completely and just touches the top of my jawbone if not tucked behind my ears, and it gets to the nape of my neck in the back (Would pictures be against EC's policy? They'd do a better job than my vague description.). I was planning to get it cut before school, but I like how it looks, and I'm afraid a trim would make it look weird, however if I'm going to get one it should be soon, so that it can grow out a bit after and look more natural.

Another thing I'm slightly worried about is that I'm most likely going to come out as pan to my parents and the school, and I'm worried that they'll sort of read too much into my hair.

So, should I get my hair cut, trimmed, or left alone, and what stories do you have about your hair?

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can haz pix, I wouldn't mind seeing. :slight_smile: It is less about your hair length than your comportment, the way you dress, the way you talk, for if anyone 'reads' something into your behavior. :icon_wink
    I waited until my 20's to ever grow my hair out, all because of my constant low self esteem in my body image. Now I don't want to cut my hair again until it's around halfway down my back at least. Nobody guessed nothin' about my sexuality or gender stuff until I told them, and I had hair that girls would compliment on softness etc. So it really isn't about the hair in my opinion. Thanks for posting. :eusa_danc

3. Dakeli27

Ok, I'll get pictures up on Monday, unless there's some way to get them up on an iPad... Anyways, I've always acted and dressed a little femininely, but nothing more than the usual effeminate boy in class. My problem isn't anyone reading into my hair and assuming something, more that they'll know I'm pan, see my hair, and think it's because I'm pan. It really isn't that big, but I hate random attention, especially in my school, where people deliberately make me a little uncomfortable for fun.

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got verbal bullying all the time too. :confused: I think people see a vulnerability if they are looking for people to pick on. Jerks.

5. Christopher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    LOL I could fill a book! I have hair down to my waist.

I would say - don't trim it. No one ever trimmed their way into having long hair. Wait a good six months or so and then perhaps trim it but only if its terribly uneven or much longer on one side then the other. Or unless you're not really planning to go much longer; then you can trim it to keep it nice and neat at whatever length you like.

In my case, I grew mine for an entire three years before getting only a very minor trim. Then I got another trim eighteen months later. No need for any more frequent than that.

6. Candace

I mean, if that hairstyle makes you happy, then who are we to judge? And yes, absolutely. You may have photos of yourself, as long as they're not taken in a sexual or risqué manner. If you choose to do so, then those must be placed in a private album (I believe).

I would ask about the matter concerning you coming out as pansexual in the Support Area section entitled "Coming Out Advice". I feel that you will receive more accurate feedback there than here.

7. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    In my country, long hair is actually considered the exact opposite - very masculine, to the point many people despise it - men who sport hair longer than shoulder-length here, are usually (99.9% of cases)
    a) extremely naturalistic people
    b) die-hard rock and metal fans
    both groups absolutely not associated with homosexuality in stereotypes, actually, kind of the opposite stereotype :grin:

8. Dakeli27

The coming out part was sort of an afterthought. And I really am not looking for really long hair, I just haven't cut it in ages, and I like how it looks so far. I'll get pictures up Monday, when I get home.

9. Hexagon

If you like it, leave it the way it is. It's your right, no one else's, and certainly not your parents to decide what your hair is like.