1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many yrs do u think u should trust ur bf/gf/friends ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    According to my boyfriend ur not too trusting it took you 2 yrs to trust me ur not naive to trust ur so called friends. How many yrs do u think u should trust someone? regardless if they're ur cousins ,friends,boyfriend,girlfriends ,wives,husbands

2. Dakeli27

I definitely don't think there's a certain amount of time. For cousins, etc. you grow up together, so trust will form based on how you act towards each other. As for boy and girlfriends, you can't go into a relationship without trust. Don't give him your life saving, etc, and wait at least a year to get married, but you have to trust each other for the relationship to have any chance.

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

There's no timeline on these things. You trust when you trust.

4. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Daleki27, you can't go into a relationship without trust.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Trust is like a kitten. Small, fragile, and not something you give to just anyone. However, when you do give it to them, it learns, it grows, and a bond forms.

To be totally non-adorable for a moment. Trust is something you build, by allowing it to grow, through each conversation, each deed, every argument, every fight, every reunion, every experience. It can grow a lot, or just a little. But just as it can grow, it can also crack, and even be broken.

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trusted my step brother for years, trusted that he would never turn his anger on me. Then he did, and I learned an important lesson about trust: Something you can give you can take back, something you build can be broken. You can sometimes find people that you can trust from the first hello. You can have someone in your life that was a serpent all along. You can have everything in between.

To trust someone is one of the most wonderful things there is, and that's why it is so hurtful when someone betrays you.

7. I don't think there is a timeline. It depends on the strength of your relationship and how you treat each other. Trust comes from actions the other person does and how they use other people's trust.

8. RAdam

Trust is a feeling, it's different for every person and different in every situation. In my case I trust people very fast, often you can tell who's genuine and who's not.. I guess?

9. Candace

I don't believe that there is a timeline. However, you can have small tests for the person over time. If you can trust that the individual will do small things that they say that they'll do, such as meet up for dinner, a movie, or be there at a certain time, then you can start from there. Trust on small and simple things in the beginning and watch the trust grow. See if you can trust them with larger things as time goes on.

10. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't trust cousins or friends anymore

11. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ElPana: I find that interesting. Personally I would be offended by 'tests' if I learned of them, but I don't like people attempting to control me in ostensibly equal relationships. Not everyone would see it that way though.

12. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank u everybody for ur responses