1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My near hookup with a closeted TV Anchor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gabeh, Aug 16, 2014.

1. gabeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like this stuff only happens in movies, but apparently real life is just as interesting sometimes. I was out of town yesterday and today for a quick work trip. Usually when I'm out of town, I meet a friend who I've made with whom I've explored my curiosities. He came up with an idea that I really liked: Let's get another guy involved this time around! I thought it would be fun, so we ventured into looking for another guy to join us.

We decided we would post on Craigslist, since that's where we met and had a good experience from. We had a few replies, though some didn't send pics and others weren't our type. One guy, though, stood out to us as a great match. A white, 34 year old, fit, VERY discreet bottom guy. He sent us some body pics and we were really interested, so we tried to set something up for later that evening. He was really sketchy though, saying he wasn't sure that he would be available, or awake, at 7pm, since he had apparently been awake since 1am that morning for work.

He gave me his phone number and we texted. It was almost as though he didn't want to meet after he initially replied. He came up with all sorts of reasons we should just reconsider. He even accused me of trying to catfish him, so I had my friend text and call him to prove we were two different people. I asked for a face picture and, lo and behold, he looked a heck of a lot like the dude from the noon news cast! :eek: This, of course, piqued my interest. :rolle: So, I did a little digging. :grin:

I tried looking his number up on Facebook, to no avail. I tried searching for his personal page, but also to no avail. Then, I went back to the email thread, and noticed that the name coming up in his replies was sort of cryptic, almost like a user name.

(!)(!)(!)BINGO!(!)(!)(!)​

All I had to do was type in www.facebook.com/*username* and PRESTO! There he was, in the same swim trunks that were in the photos he sent us. At this point, all I could do was laugh. I mean really, how often does this happen in real life?! Apparently, it does. To me.

Maybe he should have been more careful? Or maybe I just shouldn't be so nosy. I'm not telling anybody, since I don't really feel like slowly spreading a rumor and potentially uncloseting myself (just not ready for that). I feel for the guy, I really do. I know what he's going through and how tough it is to be so far in the closet that you're finding Christmas presents! :icon_redf So instead, I'll just laugh about it, chalk it up as a great story to someday tell others, and, of course, think about that good looking guy in front of the camera every week day at noon :icon_wink

Gabe

2. Candace

Wowwww :eek:. I'm surprised that you got that far and you found him. That sounds like something that I'd slyly do :lol:.

3. confuseduser99

OMG, yes! I'm a TV personality, so I totally dig this :slight_smile:

4. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    omg whaaaaat?
    You are a tv personality?
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. gabeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It was coincidental too, because a few weeks ago, a colleague anchor posted a "Throwback Thursday" photo of him and I thought to myself "This dude must be gay..." Sort of funny to see this manifest itself just a short time later.

6. confuseduser99

Hahaha. Yeah, just a bit. I work for a national news network in Canada (mostly behind the scenes) but I get to go on-air every now and then. I also used to host a weekly online political show for a US media firm.

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest