1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justin Bieber and his homophobe bashers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Aug 17, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to feel very bad about this kid, I didn't think he deserved such hatred, but then his bizarre and questionable behavior made me realize that he wasn't so innocent after all

The thing is I find interesting how many people (including fellow celebrities like Drake Bell) use homophobe/transphobic slurs to insult him over and over again :dry:

When I asked my cousin why he liked One Direction and not Justin instead or making musical arguments he just said: at least they're not phaggots :eusa_naug I obviously told him that being gay is nothing to be ashamed of

Why people insist so much on this topic?

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably because it is a sensitive topic. News sources are edutainment and anything that gets a rise out of someone gets attention and so is called news.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can understand why people could insult him for the things he does over and over, he's famous for being a little bit of a spoiled brat or because his music might not be that good but what does it have to do with his sexual orientation?

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

cause bieber gets more pussy and money than the incredibly unattractive people that never leave home calling him a faggot on youtube all combined together and the sheer vitriol that must subconsciously build up, along with peer conformation (yeah he is a homo gay look at that hair!!!!!!!) has spiraled into something really weird and bad

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not a Bieber fan by any means, many of the things he's said and done I totally disagree with, but the "he's not traditionally masculine and developed a bit late, so he must be gay or a girl lol aren't those terrible things to be" comments aren't something I can get behind no matter who they're applied to.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While Justin Bieber is a vandal and a spectacular douche bag, and while I am at a complete loss to explain his popularity, especially in such a classy country as Canada, sexist bashing is never acceptable.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't like Justin Bieber but I always found it weird that people always said homophobic things about him and questioned his sexuality just by the way he looks . But Justin is getting more pussy than those homophobes lucky bastard .

8. Candace

I mean, I know Justin Bieber hasn't exactly been the role model that our society needs :dry:, but that doesn't mean that the homophobic slurs directed towards him are justifiable. Two wrongs don't make a right, as the saying goes.

9. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    They could use other arguments if that was case: like "dude I don't think he's a good role model" but the other thing is just weird and very disturbing

Using the word gay as an insult

10. Candace

That's what I always say. But like with any big celebrity, there will always be some group of people who will do anything to ruin their reputation. A group of haters, if you will.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right. I understand what you're saying. One thing to think about then is how people feel when we say "lame" or "retarded" about things we don't like either.

Admittedly, I'm really bad about this, but it is worth reflecting on...

12. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    But even fellow celebrities like to display their homophobic slurs and they get a free pass

Drake Bell posted a photoshopped picture of Justin wearing make up, I wonder if Drake Bell thinks that being called a transgender is ofensive

I mean forget about Justin, it's just that this kind of irrational homophobia isn't even considered something wrong, being called gay is like the worst thing for many people so they use it like an insult, now that's disturbing

But when you confront them and will probably deny the are homophobes

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2014 at 07:27 PM ----------

Great vision, you are right about those words, too :thumbsup:

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, there are a couple of interesting things to think about here.

1) Based on Drake's behavior, it's highly unlikely he has humanity anyway. So considering what he thinks about things or not is really an academic consideration.

2) This is the more important point. So, what people find "insulting" about being called gay... Well. I should be more precise. Anti-gay sexism directed at men looks a lot like misogyny. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. :slight_smile:

14. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gay is an insult, a way to express your feelings that someone doesn't act manly enough. So that's the reason for OMG IM 11 BUT I WUD MUCH RATHER LISTEN TO MOZART THEN JUSTIN GAYBER LOL

15. AAASAS

One Direction is gayer than Justin Bieber. In the sense that children use the word, at least to me.

I have to listen to them at work, their music makes me want to put a bullet in my head.

"Best Song Ever" is the fucking Worst Song Ever. I'd rather listen to Baby, Baby, Baby than that shit any day. At least Ludacris makes a fool of himself in that song.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What annoys me most about many who hate Justin Bieber is that while there exist dozens of legitimate reasons to want him ruined, or at least to want to see him humiliatingly apologise for his behaviour, it's his haircut and perceived femininity that I see derided. It says something about the humanity of his critics that disgusting behaviour comes second to fashion and manner.

I've just stated the obvious. While I'd love to see Bieber humbled, I feel that too many of his critics are wrong in the same ways he is. Racism, behaving like a spoiled brat, and generally being an intolerable person, are ignored while superficial and harmless aspects of him are shamed.

17. PurpleGrey

I've always considered him a douche and a shota, and I find it creepy how he looks 12, even now, and grown women drool over him. That and he's full of himself.

It's almost like he doesn't GET to be lumped in with us. I say we don't let him sit with us in the cafeteria.

18. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are lots of people who get more "pussy and money" than me and most people. But most people don't give a shit about them. If that were the reason then we would hate most hollywood actors, most pop singers and rock stars.

The reason we hate him is because he is a massive stuck up arsehole and his music is really shit. One direction have really shit music but they seem alright. His femininity wouldn't be an issue if he didn't think himself a hard man. Despite being a "hard man" he hides behind his ten body guards when ever he tries to start a fight. It pisses people off that such a douche bag is looked upon as an idol.

Also people use the word gay in a different context. They aren't usually trying to be homophobic.

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually try to turn the slurs on their head. Whenever somebody says Bieber is a lesbian, for instance, I'll say "Hey, there's no reason to demean lesbians like that!" Or when somebody says a guy who owns a scooter has a vagina (really? where did THIS come from?), I say "Look, I'm gay, and even I don't dislike vaginas that much."

Lex

20. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    are you for real? :dry: so pretending like gay=coward IS ok and not homophobic?

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2014 at 07:01 AM ----------

Or when they say he and Selena had a lesbian relationship :eek: isn't that homophobia as well?