1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How comfortable are you with your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thekillingmoon, Aug 18, 2014.

1. thekillingmoon

I'm perfectly comfortable with myself being gay. Been for a while actually. I'm not content with my life right now in many of ways, but when it comes to my orientation I think I'm content with who I am. I didn't always feel like that. It happened over time, I gradually accepted it. It's great. The idea of sharing my life with a woman makes me happy. I have no regrets that it turned out this way. I don't wonder what it would be like to be in a standard heterosexual relationship anymore. It wouldn't suit me anyway.

The good part about this, it gave me a different perspective on coming out. Once you're comfortable with yourself, coming out to other people doesn't seem that scary anymore. If someone has a problem with it, it's their problem, not mine. I don't feel bad about myself for being gay. I only worry about violent homophobes, who'd go as far as hurting someone for being different. Other than that I feel like I could admit that I like women in a conversation and not make a huge deal out of it. Not that it wouldn't make me nervous, a person's initial reaction to it. It's just not something I have to be ashamed of, so whatever happens, happens. Looking back to all those moments when I wasn't ready to talk about it with anyone, it's nice that I don't have those insecurities anymore.

Anyway, just wanted to share that and hear how others feel about their sexuality. Are you ok with it or do you still wish you were straight sometimes?

2. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am very comfortable with who I am, but that is only to my self. I have a position to where if I express that outwards then I will loose all I have built. Or maby it just feels that way I haven't decided on that yet. LOL so simply I guess I cant say that I am that comfortable about it.

3. Randomcloud

I'm happy with who I am, even though I only came out to myself quite recently. But at the moment I'm uncomfortable sharing it with others because I'm afraid of how they will respond and treat me as a result :S

(by the way, I love your siggy, Edra :slight_smile:)

4. confuseduser99

I'm working on it. 3 months ago, when I first started peeking my head out the closet, I was very uncomfortable with it. I'm still a little uncomfortable, but far less uptight. I also don't care anymore when people tease me for my more "femme" traits. I'm starting to embrace them actually :slight_smile:

5. Criss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm still in the closet and I still have my denial moments, but I'm trying to work on it. The problem is not just me, but the fact that I always bother about what other people will think, my parents, my friends, all of them. Coming out seems so far away right now, but one day I'll have to face that moment.

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very comfortable with being bi. After all it's a part of who I am and so I don't think it would make sense if I wasn't.

Also, I don't really care about what others think of me with regards to this as who I'm attracted to and what I do in my private life isn't any of there business anyway.

So, I'm not just comfortable with it but also happy with myself and who I am in this regard.

Happy days :slight_smile:

7. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm still not comfortable cause it's been 3 fucking years since I joined this site (I had a different account that Owen deleted cuz he's a silly boopsie) and I still have no fucking clue about my orientation. To make matters worse it's like I'm split emotionally and physically, physically I waver, emotionally I always prefer men.

8. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very confortable. I like men and I like women. And I am not ashamed to admit that to whoever asks

9. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm a bit too comfortable with it, comparing to what is wise right now. I mean, I'm still not comfortable enough to come out to my psychologist or my siblings, but I almost told my teacher in school, and I can say in the school halls (out loud) "Yeah well I bet the only similarity between me and her is that we're both gay"
    Because simply if people want to bully me, I'll give them a reason to. And then let's see who dares. I know I can (sometimes) be a pain in the ass if I want to.

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

this fluctuates like a very bad roller coaster with spins and upside down whirly whirls

11. CongoColorado

I was a gay rights supporter when I felt no affection for any gender, I am bi and proud of it now =).

"It's too bad stupidity isn't painful." - Anton Szandor LaVey
    Such inspiration

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Completely and totally. Being gay may have its share of obstacles, but it has its share of positives, too, and I'm enjoying the hell out of those. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. awesomeness

I think I've always been comfortable with my sexuality.

I've actually always kinda enjoyed the fact that I had this invisible "thing" that automatically made me a bit different than most of the people around me.

14. Candace

It depends on whom I'm with and where I'm at. Some days I hate the fact that I'm gay and I wish that I were straight. Some days, like today, I love being gay and liking guys and stuff. :grin:

15. wolf of fire

As comfortable as a sofa and secure as a dungeon.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I actively enjoy my orientation.

17. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... I have no problem with my orientation. I love who I am. But I am comfortable and open around accepting people and not comfortable at all around unaccepting people (a lot of family included in the later, unfortunately).

18. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fully comfortable...wouldn't change a thing about my sexuality/orientation. Might make a few changes in my actual sex life, but have no trouble (inwardly or outwardly) about sexuality.

19. PICollins91

I'm gay and 100% comfortable with it, I have my Mom's support and that means the world to me. It doesn't matter what other people think, they can't offend me, they can't win against me verbally, their hatred for me is just an exercise in futility.

20. AAASAS

I'm ok with being gay, just not ok with homophobes.