1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you flirt without realising?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DanielSmith, Aug 18, 2014.

1. DanielSmith

Apparently I flirt so much with girls even though i'm not sexually attracted to them lol
    But then sometimes I know I flirt too much because I give out the wrong signals...

Is this weird or?
    I am gay and I keep getting lots of the "less popular"(not that I care about popularity at all.) all over me and having crushes on me and that But im gay but not out...

I feel kinda bad so just carry on texting them and that..
    Sometimes I think its because theese people get treated like crap by everyone else but I treat them as a person for once:slight_smile:

i also sometimes kinda attract bi girls? Not sure why..

I probably sound like a total jerk right now:frowning2:

But does this happen to any of you?

2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I flirt waaaayyyy to much, like, it's almost a bad habit because I'm such a flirt, but I'm only good at flirting with guys, so everyone thinks I'm straight:icon_redf

3. Randomcloud

SAME. I feel less nervous talking to "cute guys" so I get really confident and it's interpreted as flirting (even though I don't realize it) oops

4. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm highly flirtatious! I think it is just a part of my personality

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I can be very nice, which is often perceived as flirtatious. I can be very playful, which is often perceived as flirtatious. I can be very witty or quick on the verbal draw, and this, too, is often perceived as flirtatious.

One could argue that I am being a flirt, and that is fine. I don't really mind, because, to me, flirting is just expressing yourself to somebody, you like, in some manner or fashion. You may not want them sexually, but you can appreciate something about them. Even if it just their company, which is usually why I'm able to work off someone. But sometimes, yeah, I'm trying to flirt.

The difference? That's part of the fun, figuring it out! LOL.

At the end of the day, if I get slapped with the flirt label, it's whatever. I'll take being a flirt over being a jackass, any day.

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I suppose I do and I flirt more with girls apparently.

When I'm talking to someone, they have my full attention. I'm staring into your eyes, my body facing you and I've actually had a female friend of mine pause in our chat and then flutter her eyelashes at me before saying,
    "Am I that irresistible?"

Me: Mm-hmm. Marry me, Beautiful?

Friend: *giggles*

Anyway~ So yeah, I'm a bit shameless when it comes to flirting with girls- Note: only good friends who are girls. On the other hand, I feel very aggressive when it comes to straight guys and I've felt uncomfortable when I've been hit on playfully by some straight male friends of mine- I was just totally turned off by them and actually wanted to punch them. :x However, when it came to my gay best-friend, it was fine. I would flirt with him and he would get so flustered which I thought was sooooo Kawaii!~ :grin:

7. Chief Beifong

I have no idea what I do half the time, I only know how to flirt with girls, not guys. I don't even bother with guys, haven't met any guy who I might've liked who can flirt or who flirts without getting embarrassed and ran off (Note: before I came out to myself). Though many of my friends (girls) almost always flirt with anyone (mainly with each other for fun), so I kinda picked the habit up (obviously in a more than friendly way).

If I really liked someone, I tend to flirt with them non-stop, and I often didn't notice until I actually stop and think what I did (which I usually don't do until after quite some time). I got so used to my friends flirting I never noticed if I do flirt. But I don't flirt openly, just a lot to the person. So if I hit on a girl and flirt with her, most people would assume it's just friendly flirting. :grin:

8. Candace

Yes! I'm usually too nice to people that I find attractive, and sometimes can enter the realm of flirting. :lol:

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm pretty hopeless with flirting, I usually only do it with my friends jokingly

10. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My niceness can be taken as flirting which at times I don't intend it to mean that. I will find myself saying something and someone will ask me if I am flirting; response is usually what are you talking about lol meaning I flirt without realizing it at times.

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I have absolutely no clue what flirting is, like i just completely missed those type of social cues growing up. short of just grabbing my crotch and being like "this. i want this. this is it" i will always assume people are just being nice or friendly or high

hence i never (intend to) flirt

12. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

My past ineptitude in discerning when someone has flirted with me has made me extra paranoid that I'll say something that might be interpreted as flirting, because I clearly don't know what the fuck flirting actually sounds like. I worry about being misinterpreted in general (*says something, then anywhere from 2 seconds to several months later* oh shit could that have been interpreted as a passive-aggressive insult)

13. otter

Yes! This is a HUGE problem for me! I'm terrible at flirting with girls and I get all flustered and nervous, but around guys I really don't care how they perceive me so I end up flirting by accident.

14. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Yep me too.
    I really have to watch out....
    In regard to flirting without realising i mean.

15. justjade

Evidently. I don't always catch it, but other people do.

16. Hexagon

How would I know?

17. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah , I have a flirty personality and it is a part of who I am... I flirt with people and gender doesn't really matter.

Flirting is fun , just do not cross the line.

18. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just be yourself with girls, why not flirt a bit... and sometimes the other person thinks its cute if you are a bit shyly...

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2014 at 03:07 PM ----------

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/146045-flirting.html
    Maybe you have registered a sign or two?

19. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Now I had to remove a few bits and change one bit, but other than that, you wrote my post for me. Thank you. :kiss:

20. Ivysaur

Definitely. I don't realize it, until like 4 hours later and then I get angry at myself for not stopping.