1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Obama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyDiver, Aug 18, 2014.

?

How do you feel about President Obama?

1. Disliked/hated him before, love him now.

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Loved him before, dislike/hate him now.

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I've always disliked/hated him.

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. I've always loved him.

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Indifference before, love him now.

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Indifference before, dislike/hate him now.

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Hated/disliked him before, indifference now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Loved him before, indifference now.

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  9. No opinion.

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyDiver

Has your opinion of him changed at all in these past 6 years?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a progressive Democrat we bash heads every so often, but I have a generally positive view of our President.

3. Dakeli27

I liked him, and I still like his general views, but I dislike that he gets very little done, and that rather than stopping illegal wiretapping, he actually expanded it.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't like or dislike him but I respect him because he has made history

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I like him

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I still love President Obama , I'm an Obama girl for life(!)
    Any of you guys know where I can get an Obama girl tee shirt:confused:

7. Ryujin

I don't know much about American Politics. I tend to stick over here, with our system, which is also confusing.
    But I feel like a lot of what Obama has done, like attempt at public healthcare, have benefited America.

8. 741852963

I dislike him.

He has obviously done a few good things in his time but on the whole I think he all talk, little action. Also I think he is a bit too informal for my liking. Call me old fashioned but I don't think a head of state should be taking selfies or using his platform to publicly criticize hip hop stars for their antics. Seems very immature and unprofessional. Don't get me wrong, the same happens here and it annoys me the same.

Not to mention the rather patronising views his administration have about Great Britain, after the British have naively followed America around from war to war like an obedient puppy. The likes of "we have no greater partner than France, we have no greater ally than France". A bit of a stab in the back really.

9. I'm neutral. He isn't a bad president in terms of (most of) what he's done, but he really hasn't done a whole lot. For the past election, he was certainly a better choice than Romney, though.

10. Yosia

As a person living outside the US i hear very little but it seems that some things he has done have been good and some not so. I selected no opinion. ^.^

11. Candace

I have a generally positive view of him, but I would never dare say that he's the best president that this nation has ever had.

12. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My family are big supporters of him. We were hysterical when we were thinking McCain might overtake him in the election. Obama is much better than him and Mitt Romney. People say he hasn't done much, but I think differently; it takes a long time to get the US out of the hole Bush dug us into. So far, besides the drone issue and a few other small things, we like what Obama's done.

13. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm neutral about it. i don't really think much has changed but rather progressed.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Slightly indifferent before, and just indifferent now. I have my likes and dislikes, but this is for every American President. Some just tilt more, one way or the other.

15. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally like Obama and what he's done for this country. However, I tend to think that if he didn't have to put up with the hardcore ultra-Conservatives in the House and Senate (or put up with as many), a lot more of Obama's initial ideas would've been accomplished.

That, and I think his young age (compared to when Presidents are elected) does result in a lack of experience that can result in a naivete when dealing with the G.O.P. Yes, Obama was an Illinois senator prior to being a President, but more time as a senator could have possibly prepared Obama for how to politically argue without creating a giant national ruckus.

This is one area that I believe Hillary Clinton would have the upper-hand over Obama. She has decades of experience as a Secretary of State, a U.S. Senator, and as Bill Clinton's First Lady. That is not counting a law career prior to that. With such a track record, Clinton would know what kind of tricks her political opponents would pull. And given her tongue, she would not take those tricks lying down. She would fight tooth and nail to try to accomplish what she sets out to do.

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At first I was excited for him and supported him in 2008 and voted in 2012 for him but now he has been proven to be just ineffective and pathetic as Bush.

At least act like you can defend your record but he really has not don'e that well in the past year. I will always be a democrat but I think Hilary if she runs will do a much better job. I mean obama was was a Senator for three years and all the sudden he is elected president. He needed more time to be a senator before he ran for office. I do think if The Republicans take the senate Obama will be to blame.

I think having all this environmental rules Obama keeps imposing are bullshit and there is nothing affecting our environment and global warming is just a hoax. I also think any laws on gun control should not be allowed. The reason Obama gets a lot of hate than Clinton or even any democratic president is that he is the most liberal of any president I have ever seen in my opinion.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The last two presidents will go down as the worst two in US history. Does that cover how I feel?

18. Data

Data Guest

Always disliked/hated. He's a joke. He's got a pen, and he's got a phone, so don't make him use them!

Nero fiddled while Rome burned...

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Liked before, respected now. We don't agree on everything, and I think he's too conservative. However my message to the poster above is that his last sentence is ridiculous. It echoes the conservative cry during the 2012 election that if Obama was re-elected that the country would "cease to exist," that Canada and Mexico would share a border. Last I checked, countries don't just fall off the face of the earth because they elected someone president.

However I am glad that the President is taking executive action. The Republican Party has made its mission to do absolutely nothing so that the President gets absolutely nothing done. So while all the right-wingers call him a dictator for using executive orders, something that 44 out of 44 Presidents have done, and issuing less than his predecessor, and say he's "bypassing Congress," why don't you call your GOP Congressmen and tell them to get off their asses and actually do something.

The Republicans held the economy hostage to try and sabotage the President, they sent the most disgusting members of their base (Tea Party) to march on Washington holding signs with racist slogans, they questioned his faith, birthplace, and patriotism, they're now bringing a baseless and frivolous lawsuit against the President, and after this coming election they're going to impeach the President. They peddled bogus and baseless scandals (Benghazi, IRS). The election of Barack Obama was one step forward, and a million steps backward in terms of the issue of race in this country, and the Tea Party made me a Democrat for life.

#19 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  20. Data

Data Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.