1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chriatian Church vs. Fire

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JayC, Sep 10, 2008.

1. JayC

JayC Guest

OK i was watching Camp Out for like the hundreth time last time and one of the boys said something i thought was interessting and true. He said that fire is like the church it can supply us with warmth, it can light the way, it can help us in many ways but at the same time it can be terrribly destructive. What do u all think about this and no that is not word for word i paraphrased.

2. lodiug

That maybe true, but I don't think it's destructive for people attending the church.......unless ofcourse you are or do something that they condemn.

3. Noah

Wow, that's profound. I love it!
    100% agree

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it means it's destructive if for example you unconditionally listen / follow all their teachings without applying a critical mind.

5. Derek the Wolf

:slight_smile: Good analogy. You can't leave fire unchecked, but in a cold night, it makes all the difference.

6. lodiug

But they don't know that they can think for their selves, so they won't know that it's destructive...