1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myspace blog, 9/11

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sam

Sam

So I wrote a blog on myspace and I thought I should share it. It probably won't interest you but I got bored and wrote it and now you get to read it lol! Oh and everybody check out Eric Himan if you never have he is amazing I absolutely love him!

So here it is:

Wow I can't believe tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of 9/11. I can remember it so clearly and it doesn't seem like that much time has passed since that horrific day.

I remember I missed the bus that day and my mom had to drive me to school, we had the radio on and they started reporting that an airplane had hit one of the towers and at that time they thought it was an accident. I was shocked. I went to school and went through the day not hearing anything else until my last hour. My teacher got permission to leave school for a few minutes to get gas and I wondered why. I finally learned that 2 airplanes had hit and it wasn't an accident but a terrorist attack and that gas had skyrocketed to $5 a gallon. Prices were going up on other things too. Everybody was panicking.

When I got home and could see the news I couldn't believe that could happen, I knew the world was a cruel place but until then I didn't really think about it I was just some 15 year old girl who focused on the next fun thing and could care less or should I say not focus on anything that went on in the world as long as it didn't directly affect me or my family and friends, I wasn't self-centered I was just the typical teen, that was until that day my whole perspective changed I think I grew up a little more that day.

For the life of me I can't understand how people can be so cruel. Kill, rape, steal, hate I just don't get it. I know it will never get better I know it will only get worse as time goes on and people learn to hate more than love. If we could learn to accept each others differences then there would be no hate to motivate such acts. Its such a big dream and it is ridiculous to think that acceptance of all people regardless of religion, race, orientation etc. would ever happen but I wish it would.

To quote a great singer Eric Himan's song "we are the same":

I don't know why
    Some birds don't fly
    I guess they all have their ways
    I know the lord makes no mistakes

I don't know why
    Some people try
    To throw stones in others' homes
    To teach them right from wrong

But what if you knew me, personally,
    If I struck a chord?
    What if you saw me, vivid and clearly,
    Could I be ignored?
    If we could talk and we both could listen
    Understand how we are different…
    Then maybe we could see….
    That we are the same

I don't know why
    Fear swells inside
    When we are faced with difference
    This world is too small to be scared of it

I sincerely hope that all those personally affected by 9/11 will find some peace tomorrow. May all those who lost their lives rest in peace.

2. shakerdancee

sigh... I was waiting for this thread

3. pirateninja

9/11 eh? I almost forgot aboot it.

7 years exactly since the Two Towers incident.

4 years exactly since my grandfather died.

Not exactly the happiest of days.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My thoughts are with those that lost loved ones on that horrible day.

5. EM68

Its a very sad day.I remember where I was that day. I was at work and my brother emailed me what happened. He probably sent me close to 20 emails at work telling me what happened. The last one he told me that we were at war. It wasn't until I was a lunch and they had TVs that I did not realize the scope if what happened. I was almost afraid to drive home through Boston because I did not know if we would be hit again.

A few days later I found out that one of my contacts at Eurobrokers was killed.

6. Tim

Tim

My thoughts are still with those who lost people during 9/11 :frowning2: There were only 3 people from our town there, and I knew none of them, but one of them was the son of one of our neighbors (we never talked), and we brought them food and such when it happened :S

7. SlickyPants

8. Zak

Zak

This morning, the HS played a really sad video of the attacks. and Mariah Karey was singing the national anthem in the background and tons of peple started to sob...twas really sad. Sad day.

9. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I remember where I was. . .it's odd how much things go on that we are not aware of at certain times and places. Nonetheless, those who lost their lives will not be forgotten.

10. Nodnarb

I remember everything from that day. We were told around the time the second plane hit, and the entire school went to the auditorium to watch the news on the big projector. The first tower collapsed just as I got into the auditorium. I don't think we fully understood what was going on, but I think everybody in that room was in tears and felt a sense of fear we never had before.

I also remember people around here being afraid that they would try to attack Offut; but I think everybody in the US was afraid of another attack. For the next couple weeks, all we did at home was watch the news, hoping they would find somebody else still alive at Ground Zero.

Today at school we were angry because the school didn't do anything. Nothing, not even a moment of silence. But 9/11 is something we will never forget.

11. Tim

Tim

Pretty sure everyone here knows what it is, but for those unaware of what september 11th is for the united states, please look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

I post this because today 2 people online have told me they have no idea why the US is making today such a big deal.

12. Nugget

I was such a little thing, that I memory was muddled around what happened that day. I was in school when the teacher instructed us to make something about President Lincoln and the American flag, and when we were near finished she told us about the planes crashing.

Again, I was about eight years old, so I can hardly remember much. But I do remember a year later, when we all walked outside to circle around the flag and make a pledge. There was a song playing and I looked to see our teachers crying.

My condolences to those who were lost on that morning and throughout. It's a hard day to swallow.

13. rosiejuly3

My prayers are with all the people who had loved ones die on this horrible day. I was in first grade, but I can remember all the panic and confusion that was going on at my school.

14. ibsian

ibsian Guest

Well the worst went with me that day. My birthday is on the same day and when i was cutting my cake, at the exact time i was born, the event occured. quite unlucky huh!
    :frowning2:

15. Urman

Urman Guest

awww nah (*hug*)(*hug*)(&&&)

i did cry today i was so sad rembering what happened.

16. Tim

Tim

Personally, I didn't even know what the WTC was, but people were freaking out at what happened (I was in 8th grade). I woke up that day, my mom told me a plane crashed into the World Trade Center, then brought me to school. All day that day, the teachers ignored teaching us, and turned on the news. Slowly throughout the day, I learned what the WTC was, and how much of a tragedy it was.