1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thunderstorms/Rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Candace, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Candace

Do you like them? Is there certain types of rain/storms that you like? (Light/heavy?)

I personally love afternoon thunderstorms and light rain altogether. I have a lot of shrubbery and plants that need to be watered practically everyday, so any rain that we get is good. I don't like the thunder and lightning though :/.

2. Ryujin

I love rain.
    I love storms.
    ALWAYS.

3. PICollins91

I love rainstorms but thunderstorms scare the dog, rainstorms though create a nice atmosphere perfect for writing.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

hell yeah bring it on! i want to feel like the house is motherfuckin SHAKING, I want to think it might flood my car out!!

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2014 at 10:21 AM ----------

not sarcastic i love it. tropical storms are HECK YEAH

5. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love rain! The heavier the storm the better (within reason). If there's an epic thunderstorm going on I'll stay up just to watch it, it's like a free firework display :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Acm

Acm Guest

I love rain. We don't really get many (or any at all) storms here but the few times I have been in a storm I thought it was really cool.

7. Cnidocyte

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love when it rains. It rains quite a bit during this time of the year. I really enjoy violent thunderstorms, the brighter and louder the better.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I especially like the rainbow that normally follows...

9. Hexagon

I'm quite fond of rain. And storms. The exception being the night I spent in a fully permeable tent recently.

10. kem

kem

It was raining today on my way home. I cycled 14km, 40 minutes. My trainers were soaked, there was water inside them and my sweatpants were completely wet. Because of thunderstorms, I had to cycle a longer route; the shorter road I usually use was too risky (between a railroad and grass/wheat/misc. plant fields, not sure if it really was risky but it is recommended to avoid open areas so)

Despite all that, I love rain. It's been ridiculously dry all July and I've been wishing for rain so I'm not complaining really. I bought rubber boots and I have waterproof clothes now so all is good

It's the best when you're going to bed and raindrops are hitting the window :333

#10 kem, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  11. otter

I LOVE the rain! Except we never get any here and the drought and all.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am fascinated by thunderstorms. For as long as I can remember - starting at around age 4 or 5 - I would rush to the window or door as soon as I heard a rumble of thunder. Most people my age at the time would be scared, but I loved it - and would look for any excuse to go outside. I actually remember running outside one afternoon during a particularly heavy downpour with my older sister, getting splashed by cars and jumping in puddles.

I especially love the chaos and commotion that follows - watching people run away for shelter as it starts pouring (sounds sinister, I know).

The best part of it though is watching a thunderstorm slowly build away in the distance on a hot summer afternoon, watching it get closer and closer until..

Plain rain - not so much. I find a rainy day in summer to be depressing, but dislike it in winter as well because I would rather it be snowing than raining. Basically, I only like rain if it's absolutely pouring and/or accompanied by thunder.

#12 imnotreallysure, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like rain during the right time of year. I don't like seeing rain during the summer or late spring.

We don't really have much in the way of thunderstorms where I live, so when I was in Denver and got to experience a thunderstorm that lasted for an hour, I found it pretty fascinating; I had my eyes glued to the strobe-light party that was the sky.

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in the pacific northwest, one of the rainiest parts of the US. I'm not really fond of the rain. But we rarely have thunderstorms. I love lightning and thunder. My mom's scared to death of it, but my dad and I will get right next to the window and hope to see lightning. Probably not the safest thing... But we were in a hotel with lightning rods when we did that.

15. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thunderstorms are one of the most relaxing things I could think of, the louder and more light up the better.

16. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love rain and thunderstorms as long as I don't have to walk through them. I don't like really severe thunderstorms, though. The kind that come with the threat of tornadoes. We don't really have anywhere solid to hide so they always make me nervous. Thunder and lightning in general, I love.

17. Silas

Lightning scares me (and my cat too who ends up hiding under the bed :lol:slight_smile: but I get insanely excited when it starts raining and I go down the street twirling my umbrella like Mary Poppins lol Just that feeling of the raindrops falling on my face as I'm walking home puts me in the most amazing peaceful mood. And somehow it helps me sleep better when it rains at night.

18. Incognito10

I love it, but like to be home and not out...I find it really cozy.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have... not quite a phobia, but a severe dislike of thunderstorms at night.

20. Candace

Thank you guys! I wasn't expecting all these responses :lol:.

I personally agree with the person who said that they like the heavier, the better. When the radar shows up as dark red and it's headed my way, I'm like BRING IT! :grin:.