1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to my first gay bar!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shyguy5, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Shyguy5

My friend and had plans to go to his favorite club bar in San Francisco but we got off work late and had to change plans. He thought it was a good idea to take me to a gay bar to meet people. Sadly, it was in the middle of the week and the bar was dead. We both had one drink and he sung karaoke.

He wants to go again during a weekend so maybe they're be more people. Funny thing is that he doesn't mind if others will think he's gay (he's straight) but if they think we're a couple he'll feel bad I can't get numbers lol.

What should I expect when "meeting people?" Him and I talked about it and he says to "enjoy myself" like when we'd go to casual bars.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You must have a wonderful friend to support you like that you'll at least get to know people and maybe you can explain why your wonderful friend is there to help you out.
    First step to finding Mr right :-D

3. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    friends like that are hard to find shyguy going over the weekend or a student night would be a good but it does get crowded be interesting to know if a guy hits on your friend .

4. Shyguy5

Yeah, he's a great friend and I've told him that he's become my best friend (having similar life experiences, humor and interests). I've talked to him about how previous male coworkers' thoughts of me being gay; he just said "you being gay doesn't matter, you're just Greg." I'm really thankful of our friendship.

I think talking about why I'm at the bar ("oh me and my friend who happens to be straight just want to hangout") would be a good conversation start. Thanks happdavid

ahardlife, lol, my friend told me when he used to be a server/waiter he'd get hit on by guys all the time. He got more numbers from men than women so he'd wouldn't be surprised.

5. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's brilliant, I wasn't in any gay club or gay bar in my town, but I heard stories that just back be off from going there. :frowning2:

6. Candace

That's really nice of your friend! :grin: But I think that he should just say "I'm straight, but he *points to you* might be interested". He's your wingman for the evening, basically :lol: