1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel when someone of the opposite sex/gender is interested in you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alder, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To the people who are solely/mainly attracted to the same sex/gender and are still more or less in the closet:

What do you feel or do when someone who's of a gender you're not attracted to is interested and attracted to you? Do you feel confused or guilty or anything like that, or do you just distance yourself from them or try to explain things, etc? Anyone been in this situation before?

2. Randomcloud

I feel flattered to be honest

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I feel flattered I guess but yeah at the back of my mind it is really rather uncomfortable for me.. I feel kind of guilty too but I also feel so upset because I must definitely seem straight.. I've been asked out a few times you know.. and it's rough when I tell them no. I also feel kind of gutted that it's not a cute girl who asks me out.. I actually think it's really sweet and brave of a guy to ask any girl out he likes.. let alone confess attraction. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit upset that I can't manage to get girls to do this.. Even if girls knew I was gay they would probably expect me to make the first move anyway.. And i'm rather shy at first but I CAN put up a front and appear confident and unaffected by their cuteness.

I just see some really cute girls sometimes and just want to pick them up and cuddle the life out of them. Guys are alright.. I just don't want to date them so it sucks for them and myself when they ask me out. No big deal though. It's just life.

#3 ChloeKiss, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  4. SeaSalt

A compliment is a compliment. (Although I swing both ways xD)

5. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel sorry even though I run a company and fire people and such things. I am a very loving person. It is flattering but I always feel bad because they took that leap and then shot down. Not fun

6. thekillingmoon

Makes me uncomfortable cause I'm not good at rejecting people and feel kinda bad about it. Also makes me wish it was a woman. Women never show interest in me. So sad how that is. :icon_sad:

#6 thekillingmoon, Aug 22, 2014
  7. tulipinacup

Oh god, I've never had a good history when it comes to the opposite sex having an interest in me. There was this girl in elementary who RANDOMLY hated me for no apparent reason and started to make rumours that I had a crush on her when I didn't even know who she was then I only found out that one of her friends confessed to me that she was acting this way because she had a crush on me....

Another one was in high school when I started to be friends with this girl and it ended up her getting my number and constantly texting me until I grew tired of it and ignored all of her texts then she used another phone number to see if I would reply and I did, then reacted really negatively about it. I think I mentioned her here before on another thread. Did I mention that she would to my house uninvited?

The same thing happened during my college years. I think I easily get along with girls and the fact that I'm so comfortable and open to them could possibly the reason why they're interested in me. If it ends up having crush, I initially break out the friendship(which is probably not a nice thing to do)

This doesn't say that I appreciate the compliment. I do feel flattered and sometimes even shocked that there are certain girls (like really attractive ones) who are interested in me.

8. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It feels great, until it goes to far. It happened to me two weeks ago and I posted it here on the forum. Two girls fell for my during one of my summer classes, and then asked me out to the movies. It was great that they showed interest in me, but it felt horrible not being able to tell them that although they are beautiful... I can't like them because I'm guy. I still haven't told them, so I guess it does feel like I'm hiding.

That a girl finds me attractive is fantastic, until it goes too far and the funny thing is that ever sine I came out two months ago it has happened 4 times!

9. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    a bit awkward to say the least .

10. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Frankly I would worry that they only like who I seem to be, not who I am inside. If they get a false impression of me then they aren't very attracted to 'me' at all. This might sound like a strange thing to worry about...

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I love it.

Honestly, it doesn't matter the gender, the race, the size, the anything really. The more people who find me appealing, is fan-fuckin'-tastic for the ego. I'll be flattered and flustered, but at least I'm desired!

If I can get people to admire my good looks, or my charming personality, from all walks of life, then I must be doing something right in this world.

Of course, that said, it doesn't happen every day. But when it does, I always take a mental note of who says it.

Gotta know who you attract, before you can attract who you know.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ugh here we go again:rolle: that's what I'm thinking when it happens.
    I just hate it , when the opposite sex likes me I wish they didn't, it's very annoying.:dry:
    It's nice to know your attractive but I just wish it would not happen.
    They always want to date me or ask me out, makes uncomfortable. Sometimes I get creepy I'm not taking no for an answer men.
    If only I got hit on by women

#12 stocking, Aug 22, 2014
  13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, to be honest, I kinda like it and I find it pretty flattering, but I'm not going to let it go on or anything--if someone's truly interested in me, I'll have to eventually let them know that it's not going to happen.

I definitely had annoying girls have crushes on me when I was younger--there was this one girl who used to pat me on the head all the time; I hated that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to be awkward and tell them that I was gay but since no one has hit on me in a loooooooooong time I'm starting to miss the girls's attention

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually hate it :tantrum:

16. C P

C P

Somewhat flattered but, for the most part, absolutely shitty w/ a side of awkward.

17. Candace

I feel flattered, yet bad for the fact that the girl can never have me. So, I just thank them and move along :/.

18. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

That entirely depends on the person, but if it's a charming specimen, I'll be interested in her myself!

:grin:

#18 Black Raven, Aug 22, 2014
  19. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I feel flattered but a little uncomfortable. I try to distance myself so they get the message without me having to explain anything. There is a small part of me that wishes I could reciprocate. Life would be easier then.

20. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get uncomfortable and flustered.

And actually try to turn them off. When a guy like me its hard for me to explain Im a lesbian without feeling like a dick because he mostly thinks im lying because im not interested, also since it take me a loonnnggg time to figure out someone likes me it back-fires and I think where friends and he thinks where more.. and I .. yea.. its uncomfortable. Flattering but uncomfortable.